Whine about Jamal Adams here.

TuscanyTile2

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Keep  telling yourself that. How do they score? How do they sustain drives? 

They will have to find other talent when it's available- there was no julio jones in this draft so they had to take a future all pro safety instead

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We failed. We got a much better version of Calvin Pryor at 6 overall.

We took a box safety 6 overall.

Are we surprised? Nope. We are the goddamned Jets.

What a pathetic franchise.  In 4 years we took Calvin Pryor, Leo, Darron Lee and Jamal Adams in the first round.  That's 2 SS's and an ILB.  If not for Leo showing legitimate potential.... this would be a team who took 4 interior defensive players in 4 years.  What a sh!tshow.

Nobody is whining about Jamal Adams. I'm sure Adams as a player is fine. It's the fact that no matter how good he is, it'll be a minimal impact because he's a safety. This franchise just selected its second safety in the first round in four years, one of those picks being the sixth overall pick. That is ******* preposterous by any measure. 

1 minute ago, Lil Woody said:

What a pathetic franchise.  In 4 years we took Calvin Pryor, Leo, Darron Lee and Jamal Adams in the first round.  That's 2 SS's and an ILB.  If not for Leo showing legitimate potential.... this would be a team who took 4 interior defensive players in 4 years.  What a sh!tshow.

taking a future all pro safety > taking a future bust WR

4 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Why have one Calvin Pryor when we can get two for twice the price?

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Nobody is whining about Jamal Adams. I'm sure Adams as a player is fine. It's the fact that no matter how good he is, it'll be a minimal impact because he's a safety. This franchise just selected its second safety in the first round in four years, one of those picks being the sixth overall pick. That is ******* preposterous by any measure. 

Leadership

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This franchise is lost and cursed

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

that may be true but you're severely underestimating how good of a player they drafted. corey davis is not worth a top 5 pick- adams certainly is

Not a fan of that pick either.  I think a lot of teams made goofball moves today not just the jets

19 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Excuse me? I'm whining, I'm mourning and I just kicked the dog. So....

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also if Mahomes and Watson were worth taking a chance on at 10 and 12, they were worth taking at 6. If either of these guys pan out to be even average quarterbacks this is a day we won't be remembering fondly. 

Watson will be Alex Smith for ten years. Mahommes will be Brett Favre in three years. Hackenburgh will be Hackenburgh and out of football in four years. 

9 minutes ago, thadude said:

Not a fan of that pick either.  I think a lot of teams made goofball moves today not just the jets

a lot of these players are going to be busts- it's a weak draft riddled with boom/bust talent and not much separating the top 10-50

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Watson will be Alex Smith for ten years. Mahommes will be Brett Favre in three years. Hackenburgh will be Hackenburgh and out of football in four years. 

KC and houston are already playoff teams gambling on a QB to put them over the top. the jets are about as stripped down right now as the browns were going into last year

2 hours ago, DMan77 said:

One who has been compared to Ed Reed and Darren Woodson... Seems worth the risk to me for a team that needs a homerun. 

Based on the 3 games I just watched; vs. Bama, Wisconsin, and Auburn.

Jamal Adams is no Ed Reed.   Not even close.

Ed Reed was a fabulous ball hawk that could play possum, bait NFL QBs to make a throw, then close in an instant, make the interception ... and score TDs.   He did it over and over and over.  How quick people forget.  Or did you just read some dumbass' comparison and chalk it up as fact?

Adams is mediocre, at best, in coverage.  His best attributes are what that bum Pryor was drafted to be.  Adams might prove to be a nice player... but he has significant limitations.  

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Based on the 3 games I just watched; vs. Bama, Wisconsin, and Auburn.

Jamal Adams is no Ed Reed.   Not even close.

Ed Reed was a fabulous ball hawk that could play possum, bait NFL QBs to make a throw, then close in an instant, make the interception ... and score TDs.   He did it over and over and over.  How quick people forget.  Or did you just read some dumbass' comparison and chalk it up as fact?

Adams is mediocre, at best, in coverage.  His best attributes are what that bum Pryor was drafted to be.  Adams might prove to be a nice player... but he has significant limitations.  

Great. 

There are 32 NFL teams. Last year, our secondary was ranked 59th.

A safety is boring, boring, unsexy, and boring. But it's a good pick.

We are (I am seriously not kidding) very possibly going 0-16 this year. We will have our pick of QB, RB, TE and LB next year.

I am very disappointed that we didn't slide to 12 and give Cleveland 6, with us getting Howard and then a CB or safety in 2nd round, but we got what seems like a stud.

What happens to Calvin Pryor?

DC

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He may well be the BAP when we picked, but there is just no value for a SS that high. It is a complete waste of a pick. We essentially have drafted the same player 2 of the last 3 yearsin the first round at a non premium position. So dumb.

Literally there were a dozen better BPA at 6

2 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

There are 32 NFL teams. Last year, our secondary was ranked 59th.

A safety is boring, boring, unsexy, and boring. But it's a good pick.

We are (I am seriously not kidding) very possibly going 0-16 this year. We will have our pick of QB, RB, TE and LB next year.

I am very disappointed that we didn't slide to 12 and give Cleveland 6, with us getting Howard and then a CB or safety in 2nd round, but we got what seems like a stud.

What happens to Calvin Pryor?

DC

Maybe Pryor can play OLB?

37 minutes ago, thadude said:

As long as this pick gets us Darnold next year I'm fine with it

Our only saving grace. But trust me, we are going to have to lose and lose big! Buffalo and Cleveland have jam packed their coffers to make a run at Darnold and Rosen. In Todd we trust? 

i would go out on the limb as say he's the 2nd best prospect that was on the board... with garrett being number 1, i am absolutely shocked he did not go to chicago or tennessee - i am so happy he fell to us at 6... kid is the full package at safety - he was getting comparisons to Ed Reed.

4 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Yup. Just been screaming "offense!"

Never mentioned any players in particular. Not one. 

No, you didn't.

youve been carrying on like a fool that we should have gone offense.  Stop already.

Archived