Whine about Jamal Adams here.

TuscanyTile2

People jumping off bridges already make me laugh. Haha, ahhh. 

Relax and let it play out. He fills a huge need and can play right away. He's a guy you can build the secondary around. 

A WR makes 0 sense for the Jets this early. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate this team more than anyone but you gotta be kidding me here. Adams is arguably the BEST player in this entire ******* draft. 

Pay attention to the teams with and without a safety. Focus on the Seahawks when they're missing one of their safeties, pay close attention to KC's defense how dominant they got with Berry. 

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

One who has been compared to Ed Reed and Darren Woodson... Seems worth the risk to me for a team that needs a homerun. 

Honestly, I didnt think he'd fall to us. It really does remind me of the Williams pick.  It's boring and redundant but this kid is really ******* good. 

It's a little depressing but I'm not angry.

There are still 6 picks left in a supposedly deep draft. We just got a concensus top 3 player at 6. Safety is now one of the more important positions on defense as far as playmaking. Probably second to edge. Seems almost impossible not to be excited to get a talent like Adams to start your draft 

18 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It was a very smart pick. The guy is a leader and called D signals for LSU. After years of confusion in the secondary we needed someone who knows the game and can make plays. Mac who isn't good at making draft day trades didn't expect Adams to still be on the board. Even though yet another D player this is a big step in the right direction.??

There was concern that Bowles had no idea how to use Richardson and Lee.  You think he's going to know how to use Adams?  Yeah, right.

Leonard Williams is an awesome talent too. Yet our team is worse with him on it.

My point is it takes two sides of the ball to win. If our offense isn't generating 1st downs, we are hanging the D out to dry. And it doesn't matter if we have the 85 Bears defense, they will get tired and banged up as the season goes on. 

Just now, Greensince69 said:

OMFG we grab a great player, maybe the next ed reed and people are whining.  If we did not trade own this is who I wanted.  Lets see in 3 years when he is the rock of our defense and the receivers are jags.  

More Honey Badger than Reed.

5 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

There are still 6 picks left in a supposedly deep draft. We just got a concensus top 3 player at 6. Safety is now one of the more important positions on defense as far as playmaking. Probably second to edge. Seems almost impossible not to be excited to get a talent like Adams to start your draft 

Mack is well on his way to "consensus BAP"ing his way out of a job.

Its easy to not be excited. At his best this player barely moves the needle on our near worst in NFL Defense. And he replaces a top-drafted Safety we very recently missed on in Pryor.

Meanwhile, think about our offense.

Still excited?

By our horrid O?

What ARE we building here beyond "we got BAPper Mel Kiper" kudos?

Can you explain it to me, what we're building?

3 minutes ago, Greensince69 said:

OMFG we grab a great player, maybe the next ed reed and people are whining.  If we did not trade own this is who I wanted.  Lets see in 3 years when he is the rock of our defense and the receivers are jags.  

Who needs to score points when you have a great safety roaming your secondary? 

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

JK

lol 

I dont think people are upset about Adams as a player, I think people are upset about not seeing offense as well as knowing how bad the Jets are at picking in the 2nd round. 

Anyone who was concerned about the offense and wanted to see us get a playmaker are pretty livid right now. 

13 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

One who has been compared to Ed Reed and Darren Woodson... Seems worth the risk to me for a team that needs a homerun. 

those are really bad comparisons. He's more of an enforcer, SS. The position/style Landon Collins plays. What Calvin Pryor is supposed to be.

Just now, Warfish said:

Its easy to not be excited. At his best this player barely moves the needle on our near worst in NFL Defense. And he replaces a top-drafted Safety we very recently missed on in Pryor.

Still excited?

By our horrid O?

Agreed. This is as bad as it gets. A f*cking safety. 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Honestly, I didnt think he'd fall to us. It really does remind me of the Williams pick.  It's boring and redundant but this kid is really ******* good. 

It's a little depressing but I'm not angry.

I know, I hear ya, sorry if I sounded sarcastic or sour. I just think it helps to focus on those "kid is really good" parts, instead of the depressing SS-with-a-6th-round-pick ones... No one has any clue what will happen. So in my mind we might as well run with the idea that it's a solid pick for many reasons.  He is really, really good man! 

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Still excited?

By our horrid O?

But we still have 6 picks left in a deep draft. Again Adams is just a start

Archived