I honestly didn't think it was possible to find someone worse than Idzik, but the Jets managed to pull it off....

sourceworx

Just now, gEYno said:

Did those teams draft safeties in the 1st and 2nd round?

And while you're researching, why don't you let us know how many of those teams had the leagues worst offense.

seattle drafted 2 in one draft....did they align 1 round after the next no....have teams draftd back to back WR or TE, or other yes....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SickJetFan said:

seattle drafted 2 in one draft....did they align 1 round after the next no....have teams draftd back to back WR or TE, or other yes....

So... no.

How about my 2nd question.  How many league's best defenses had the league's worst offense?

Just now, gEYno said:

So... no.

How about my 2nd question.  How many league's best defenses had the league's worst offense?

i dont know but i tell you one thing - Jets will never find a QB with a defense that cant slow down opposing offenses that is for sure

14 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

it makes perfect sense when you do not have any S to speak of to start with

also now with S that presumable can cover you no longer have to stay in Nickel packages all game long

helps ur pass rushers and run defense

which in turn helps ur QB

Sounds like trickle down economics.

Just now, SickJetFan said:

i dont know but i tell you one thing - Jets will never find a QB with a defense that cant slow down opposing offenses that is for sure

And the Jets will never succeed on defense with an offense that leads the league in 3-and-outs... And, it'd be a shock if they didn't lead the league in 3-and-outs next year.

Just now, gEYno said:

And the Jets will never succeed on defense with an offense that leads the league in 3-and-outs... And, it'd be a shock if they didn't lead the league in 3-and-outs next year.

exactly why u need a good def because young QB makes mistakes and go 3 out

best thing you can do for young QB is keep feeding him opportunities to go 3 and out.  If opp off is going up and down the field using up all the time just deflates teams and esp young QB making them quit

At some point this team has to figure out that it needs an offense in order to be competitive.  This is on Macc. He didn't trade up to grab Robinson or Lamp.  The Jags were able to trade up to get Robinson.  Not our GM.  Getting one of those OL prospects would have helped.  Then, he passes on a dynamic runningback in Cook and drafts another safety.  When this team sucks again this season, Macc needs to go.  Bowles needs s to go.  Get a proven GM to build a winner.  Then hire an OFFENSIVE minded coach.  Enough of these defensive retreads and GM's without experience.

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

best thing you can do for young QB is keep feeding him opportunities to go 3 and out.  If opp off is going up and down the field using up all the time just deflates teams and esp young QB making them quit

What..

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

As everyone knows, the most important aspect of QB development is going all-in at the safety position.

15 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

yes - last 10 years go back and look at the team who allowed the fewest points in season and see what happens

Yes, but then you have to actually SCORE points. I know it's a foreign concept to Jets fans, but they do need to also score points.....Lol

**** the Jets.

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

As everyone knows, the most important aspect of QB development is going all-in at the safety position.

A good OL, running backs, a tight end and receivers, not nearly as important to effective passing offense as SAFETIES MAN!

Archived