Sign in to follow this  
batman10023

met life question - mezz seat view

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

That has NOTHING to do with answering the question and correcting the false assumption that you can not attain a Conference Champion QB via Free Agency,let alone a Super Bowl winning one.

People don't seem to realize a QB gets better with age and experience, but the Catch-22 is that his body has already started to deteriorate after so many years in the league and results in canceling out that Veteran know-how due to physical limitations due to age. 

Who said your comment was wrong? I'm stating that it is highly unlikely for the Jets to win a SB via free agency while Tom Brady still breaths.

My bad. We're looking for a franchise QB, I thought that part was a given, and what was being discussed above. We're not lights-out in every other department, looking for our Dilfer or Johnson.

So based on the formula for acquiring a free agent franchise QB, we're hoping Rodgers goes down in preseason, the Packers go 1-15 and draft Darnold, then cut Rodgers after Darnold is lights-out next preseason.

31 minutes ago, isired said:

My bad. We're looking for a franchise QB, I thought that part was a given, and what was being discussed above. We're not lights-out in every other department, looking for our Dilfer or Johnson.

It depends on your school of thought. 

you make the valid point that being "lights-out" in other aspects (Top Defense, Stud workhorse RB, genuine luck, etc.) alleviates A LOT of the pressure off the QB; being "competent" enough to run the offense and not turn the ball over (i.e. Russell Wilson in 2013) is sufficient to make it to the SB. Yes, all other cylinders have to be clicking, but you don't necessarily NEED a Franchise QB to make it to the SuperBowl, but I'm convinced that it DEFINITELY HELPS to have one. 

whatever you do for a living Sar.. I wish I was doing it.  I'm tired of being a grunt-lower food chain-worker. :(

It depends on your school of thought. 
you make the valid point that being "lights-out" in other aspects (Top Defense, Stud workhorse RB, genuine luck, etc.) alleviates A LOT of the pressure off the QB; being "competent" enough to run the offense and not turn the ball over (i.e. Russell Wilson in 2013) is sufficient to make it the the SB. Yes, all other cylinders have to be clicking, but you don't necessarily NEED a Franchise QB to make it to the SuperBowl, but I'm convinced that it DEFINITELY HELPS to have one. 

In theory, 'you' don't necessarily need one. But in our situation, 'we need one. And, in practice, the vast majority of teams that win SBs have one, and then go to and/or win multiple.

3 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

whatever you do for a living Sar.. I wish I was doing it.  I'm tired of being a grunt-lower food chain-worker. :(

Then CONTINUE to EDUCATE yourself AND ACQUIRE SKILLS that separate you from the masses. 

Education and Consistency in your work is what sets you free. :)

6 minutes ago, isired said:

In theory, 'you' don't necessarily need one. But in our situation, 'we need one. And, in practice, the vast majority of teams that win SBs have one, and then go to and/or win multiple.

Matter of opinion The 2009 and 2010 teams were not predicated on a Franchise QB and the strength of those teams were the Defense and the Run Game. 

2005 Seahawks were the same formula with Hasselbeck as QB and Shaun Alexander was 90% of their offense. 

Matter of opinion The 2009 and 2010 teams were not predicated on a Franchise QB and the strength of those teams were the Defense and the Run Game. 
2005 Seahawks were the same formula with Hasselbeck as QB and Shaun Alexander was 90% of their offense. 

Yep - lights out D and running game. We don't have either, and won't, unless we stop going after a QB.

14 minutes ago, isired said:

Yep - lights out D and running game. We don't have either, and won't, unless we stop going after a QB.

The Jets have added significant talent (even if still raw) on all 3 levels of the defense: DLine -Mo, Shelly, Leo. LBs - Lee, Jenkins, Donahue. DBs - Burris, Allen, Maye, Clark , and Jones. So the foundation towards a Top Defense is in the works and the only question really is the DC, meanwhile with a WCO now being installed, you don't NEED a franchise QB to execute that balanced offensive attack , merely a non-turning over game manager that can get the ball to his playmakers. 

1 hour ago, isired said:

Has a free agent QB taken a team to the Super Bowl other than Manning and Brees? It seems to be an incredibly rare set of circumstances that would lead to a team allowing a franchise QB to leave via free agency.

We let Chad leave and many call him Franchise. 😀

Couldnt resist....

I like Lee, but our LBs are still a weakness, our DBs are as unproven as can be, and no "Top Defense" lacks an imposing edge rusher. So while I like our additions on D, and of course I like our DL, there are a LOT of teams that would say they have a top D "in the works", and they wouldn't be any more right or wrong than you for saying it about the Jets.

And let's be real, teams that win with mediocre QBs generally have all-time D's, and/or have found a wrinkle that teams haven't adjusted to yet.

you don't NEED a franchise QB to execute that balanced offensive attack , merely a non-turning over game manager that can get the ball to his playmakers. 
The thing is, if this is your strategy to build the team, you're planning against long odds.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

That has NOTHING to do with answering the question and correcting the false assumption that you can not attain a Conference Champion QB via Free Agency, let alone a Super Bowl winning one.

People don't seem to realize a QB gets better with age and experience, but the Catch-22 is that his body has already started to deteriorate after so many years in the league and results in canceling out that Veteran know-how due to physical limitations as a result of his age and the physical abuse absorbed by being in the league. 

We couldn't develop a franchise QB....  if Brady were drafted by the JETS.. he'd Benoit of the league.

I know I'm gonna get killed here.... but we threw mark and Gene under the bus.  

BOTH could have been 5 to 7 year starters if we had a coach who knew how to use them. 

Mark especially.....

We let Chad leave and many call him Franchise.
Couldnt resist....
It's actually a good analogy - the only way franchise QBs leave is via injury. Unfortunately the Jets (and Rams with Warner) didn't have a franchise replacement ready, like SD and Indy.

2 minutes ago, isired said:
7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:
We let Chad leave and many call him Franchise. emoji3.png
Couldnt resist....

It's actually a good analogy - the only way franchise QBs leave is via injury. Unfortunately the Jets (and Rams with Warner) didn't have a franchise replacement ready, like SD and Indy.

Let's not start.... I was being sarcastic.   I'm no Chad fan.  

But.... Farve is a decent analogy. 

17 minutes ago, isired said:

The thing is, if this is your strategy to build the team, you're planning against long odds.

Just like the long odds of getting the top pick when a "Franchise QB" is available or, with the Jets' history, GROOMING a QB has proven to be even LONGER odds. 

If I had to choose with a gun to my head which is more likely: Jets DRAFT and properly develop a Franchise QB OR Jets sign a FA QB that can manage them to a SB. I would bank on the latter. I hope Hackenberg or Petty prove me wrong. 

Just like the long odds of getting the top pick when a "Franchise QB" is available or, with the Jets' history, GROOMING a QB has proven to be even LONGER odds. 

If I had to choose with a gun to my head which is more likely: Jets DRAFT and properly develop a Franchise QB OR Jets sign a FA QB that can manage them to a SB. I would bank on the latter. I hope Hackenberg or Petty prove me wrong. 

Agreed with our 2nd/4th round QBs. We probably need a bona fide top 5 QB.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

So about the Mezz section view at MetLife, that's what this topic was originally about right?

Are the best seats in the house to view the suspense of WHAT will be the 2017 NY Jets. 

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

So about the Mezz section view at MetLife, that's what this topic was originally about right?

Yes, but we've decided that the 1st row is the place to be. But 6th row isn't too bad if you have a franchise QB or sign a FA QB to go along with your stud defense.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Then CONTINUE to EDUCATE yourself AND ACQUIRE SKILLS that separate you from the masses. 

Education and Consistency in your work is what sets you free. :)

:) Thanks Gas2No99.. yeah gotta keep fighting the fight.  I look at some people... that watch he bought is dang near my salary.. anyway thank you for the advice I'll keep at it.

I can never figure out why people always have to argue about the people who own PSLs and/or upper level seats.

I was a business major in college and hated the shirt and tie deal when I graduated and ended up going back to school to become a special education teacher.  Was great but NO money in teaching.  Seeing these threads did motivate me a bit to change careers and I've been a financial advisor now for a couple years.  I have clients with boatloads of cash who would never buy a PSL, stay in the upper deck or buy the cheapest PSL they can find.  I have others who will blow tons of cash.  I have seen doctors and lawyers take cheaper seats and a guy who makes peanuts pony up the money for a PSL.  There is the saying "broke people stay broke by living like they are rich, rich people stay rich by living like they are broke."

All that being said to the author of this thread I think you have to ask yourself are you ok being in the middle of the row instead of closer to the aisle.  Me personally I LOVE aisle seats.  Other people can't stand them.  That may be the thing you want to ask yourself especially bringing a kid. 

4 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I can never figure out why people always have to argue about the people who own PSLs and/or upper level seats.

I was a business major in college and hated the shirt and tie deal when I graduated and ended up going back to school to become a special education teacher.  Was great but NO money in teaching.  Seeing these threads did motivate me a bit to change careers and I've been a financial advisor now for a couple years.  I have clients with boatloads of cash who would never buy a PSL, stay in the upper deck or buy the cheapest PSL they can find.  I have others who will blow tons of cash.  I have seen doctors and lawyers take cheaper seats and a guy who makes peanuts pony up the money for a PSL.  There is the saying "broke people stay broke by living like they are rich, rich people stay rich by living like they are broke."

All that being said to the author of this thread I think you have to ask yourself are you ok being in the middle of the row instead of closer to the aisle.  Me personally I LOVE aisle seats.  Other people can't stand them.  That may be the thing you want to ask yourself especially bringing a kid. 

Very well thought out ; are you available to coach the Jets ?

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 6:08 PM, joewilly12 said:

I prefer LL row 1 in the EZ or on the Jets sidelines behind the bench. 

I am in 129 Row 17 still looking to move down lower.

My rep shared with me if you're in LLEZ you should try to get up higher so you can see the other side of the field.

IMO, I would rather get down as low as I can as it gets you more "In the game".  And I would think the resale value is better.  I did the math and it looks like LLEZ in the corners puts you closest to the field than any other sections.

I will be reaching out to my rep second week in June after all the defaults are exposed and the inventory is updated.

If I can get down to the first few rows I am going for it.

I'm looking for opinions on which seats have the better view. Club Seats in section 208, Row 4 or seats in 207a, Row 1. Thanks. 

24 minutes ago, foxgt90 said:

I'm looking for opinions on which seats have the better view. Club Seats in section 208, Row 4 or seats in 207a, Row 1. Thanks. 

Unless you're hell bent to sit in the club, Row 1 in 207A is a much better value.

Face on the Clubs are all way over priced.  And if you have to fork over more than $100 for the PSL, forget it.

You may want to reevaluate your choice of sections.

All seats on that end of the stadium are in the sun field.  You will be looking into the sun with the glare all game during day games.

Check out pslsource.com

There is a guy selling 4 PSLs in 243 Row 5 for $62 each.  $0.008 on the dollar.

1 hour ago, foxgt90 said:

Go for 207a Row 1 if Club amenities aren't that important to you. Similar view for much cheaper. Also row 1 seats are easier to sell than row 4 seats. 

On 5/27/2017 at 2:16 AM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

So there was some benefit to sar posting over the years. 

Good of luck with your job. 

Being inside is is what I am grappling with.  I probably would take row 3  near the isle just for ease of getting in and out. 

Ot just give up the psl and buy in a different section a couple of years later.