Cops Mafia

Nolder

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The reason this matters is because DPR is a mess as scum, and he thinks he can be as profoundly obtuse as possible as scum and get away with it. So, it basically becomes about the town just lynching him, or talking themselves into oblivion while DPR just muddles away.

None of his tactics should work amongst JN veterans, but it's obvious to see how they work amongst the DM crowd.

Agreed...but I do remember a game (I think it was Pac movie madness game) where DPR and Smash were literally all over the place, walking contradictions and a general mess.  I think DPR ended up town and Smash scum?  I'm terrible at remember games but this is like a cross between that one and my nerds game we just finished.

I'm still feeling good about my reads but figured I'd throw it out there...

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed...but I do remember a game (I think it was Pac movie madness game) where DPR and Smash were literally all over the place, walking contradictions and a general mess.  I think DPR ended up town and Smash scum?  I'm terrible at remember games but this is like a cross between that one and my nerds game we just finished.

That's why it's easy to see DPR doing what he's done as town, just like Smash does.  Being illogical and playing messy games isn't automatically a scumtell for either of them. 

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm still feeling good about my reads but figured I'd throw it out there...

Yep. Doesn't mean much, but because they've both chosen to make the day about their mouth pooping and gentile sensibilities, there's not been much in the way of interrogating and pressuring folks. I'm sure they'll both blame me in the end, because it's usually my fault if I vote one and ask the other a question that they then go on a 25+ page manopause meltdown.

**** both of 'em, I'm here to lynch idiots - teams be damned - I'll defend those playing the game it should be played.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's why it's easy to see DPR doing what he's done as town, just like Smash does.  Being illogical and playing messy games isn't automatically a scumtell for either of them. 

Fair point, and good dig... but the "troll ape into bickering to defend yourself as scum against him" bit is a scum tell for both. Which is where I'm teetering. I don't have near the conviction that I had last game, because I can't commit to them doing the exact same things ... that said, I've been playing this game for years now and very few people do anything different now than they did years ago when I started.

14 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Townie exhibit anti-town behavior all the time.  And we lynch them for it.

Nothing changes.  Just lynch them.

In case it wasn't clear what I meant when I said:

"**** both of 'em, I'm here to lynch idiots - teams be damned - I'll defend those playing the game it should be played."

Verbal kinda captures it here.

16 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Townie exhibit anti-town behavior all the time.  And we lynch them for it.

Nothing changes.  Just lynch them.

I'd rather adjust to others' playstyles than try to force them to play a certain way.  Sounds like you're treating a lynch as a punishment.  This isn't Skinner's Box.  People are going to play the way they play.  It's up to a GOOD town to try to determine who the scum is, not punish poor play. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd rather adjust to others' playstyles than try to force them to play a certain way.  Sounds like you're treating a lynch as a punishment.  This isn't Skinner's Box.  People are going to play they way they play.  It's up to a GOOD town to try to determine who the scum is, not punish poor play. 

No punishment.  I'm a townie.  If I think you're not helping me solve & win the game, I want you dead.  (in your case, I want you dead anyway, but let's put that aside for now, heh)

DPR is not acting how I would imagine he would as a townie; therefore, I want to lynch him.  He's trying to paint my attempt to be pro-town as anti-town.  I totally disagree, and I think his reaction (not wanting somebody "cleared") is a huge ping that IMO is a lynchable offense.

Like, I don't give 2 buckets of monkey piss about how people are getting butthurt and arguing about nonsensical sh*t, whatever.  I stopped caring a while ago when I took a long break.  Verbal 2.0 ain't here to care.  I'm here to lynch scum and skull**** corpses.............and I seem to be out of corpses at the moment.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Anywho, Smash isnt an option but this is a clear lie and well, you know what they say about liars.

Is DPR dead yet? 

Coming back to this... interesting question from your part considering you're not even voting him right now, are you?

51 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The reason this matters is because DPR is a mess as scum, and he thinks he can be as profoundly obtuse as possible as scum and get away with it. So, it basically becomes about the town just lynching him, or talking themselves into oblivion while DPR just muddles away.

None of his tactics should work amongst JN veterans, but it's obvious to see how they work amongst the DM crowd.

EAD, banana breath

12 minutes ago, Verbal said:

No punishment.  I'm a townie.  If I think you're not helping me solve & win the game, I want you dead.  (in your case, I want you dead anyway, but let's put that aside for now, heh)

DPR is not acting how I would imagine he would as a townie; therefore, I want to lynch him.  He's trying to paint my attempt to be pro-town as anti-town.  I totally disagree, and I think his reaction (not wanting somebody "cleared") is a huge ping that IMO is a lynchable offense.

So in other words, you think he's scummy.  That's different than how I interpreted your previous post.  The reasons you're outlining here are certainly valid reasons. 

If you put DPR at L-1, I'll hammer before bed just so I don't have to listen to another round of Ape pounding his own chest while he makes a speech about the superiority of veteran jn players lol

5 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

If you put DPR at L-1, I'll hammer before bed just so I don't have to listen to another round of Ape pounding his own chest while he makes a speech about the superiority of veteran jn players lol

Not for nothing, but I consider you a JN player anyways!

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I went back and re read. I originally thought you hung on to the Verb vote a little longer hoping it would gain traction. When I read it again you stayed on but not as with as much intent  as I first thought before rereading. Come off more playful than malicious. So I gabe you a pass. Still think PAC  could be dirty. He switched gears quickly from the not caring thing to actually nudging a couple spots. Plus for someone who is not around a lot I found it odd he was one of the ones that quoted Nolders post first.  He is not on a lot during the day. Just like Krak making the cut on that play.  Almost like someone told them to. Maybe in the mafia QT? 

You scum???

30 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Honestly, it's so obvious that you just can't see the forest for the trees. 

Start planning for me to flip VT.  

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd rather adjust to others' playstyles than try to force them to play a certain way.  Sounds like you're treating a lynch as a punishment.  This isn't Skinner's Box.  People are going to play the way they play.  It's up to a GOOD town to try to determine who the scum is, not punish poor play. 

Image result for Skinner's Box

Good reference 80 but I needed a pic.    

37 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Fair point, and good dig... but the "troll ape into bickering to defend yourself as scum against him" bit is a scum tell for both. Which is where I'm teetering. I don't have near the conviction that I had last game, because I can't commit to them doing the exact same things ... that said, I've been playing this game for years now and very few people do anything different now than they did years ago when I started.

The best is when nobody actually trolls you and you just swing into a$$hole mode anyway. Why waste time, right?

2 minutes ago, D P R said:

Honestly, it's so obvious that you just can't see the forest for the trees. 

If I defended you and you're scum then I'm going to have to start changing my opinion about your skill level..  it would be like the 3rd time that's happened.

2 minutes ago, D P R said:

Honestly, it's so obvious that you just can't see the forest for the trees

Perhaps, perhaps not.  We'll see.

But you're the one painting me as scum simply for my Miller reveal.  You might want to think about that while you're in your glass house.

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Image result for Skinner's Box

Good reference 80 but I needed a pic.    

You guys are making wayyyy too much out of D1. Nobody knows anything yet. Do yourselves a service and get rid of the inactive.

Just now, Verbal said:

Perhaps, perhaps not.  We'll see.

But you're the one painting me as scum simply for my Miller reveal.  You might want to think about that while you're in your glass house.

Why? I didn't reveal as Miller. That's a totally scummy thing to do. 

1 minute ago, Pac said:

If I defended you and you're scum then I'm going to have to start changing my opinion about your skill level..  it would be like the 3rd time that's happened.

I'm not scum - that much should be pretty clear. 

Archived