Cops Mafia

Nolder

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

How is the inactive negatively affecting the game?

On D1 the benefit of lynching the inactive is to preserve active players - I'm guessing you can't say with certainty who is scum right now? So, odds are, we'll hit town, right? We take out the inactive instead to avoid that. 

As the game goes on, the inactive becomes more of a problem. We never know what that slot is because there is no play, no record, and until we win, we have to consider that the inactive might be the scum were looking for. As the field narrows, we have to start choosing who we suspect or take a blind shot at the inactive, decreasing our odds of hitting the right target.

Basically, inactives just **** the game, just like everybody says every time we have one.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, D P R said:

Wut? 

Nobody knows anything.

We need an informative lynch to learn something.

Zander is not an informative lynch.

Tomorrow, we'd reset and still not know anything.  And that would likely be true even if Zander flips scum. 

14 minutes ago, D P R said:

Honestly, it's so obvious that you just can't see the forest for the trees. 

Start planning for me to flip VT.  

Didn't you think him claiming miller is a scum ruse? if so he doesn't need to plan for you to flip town, he would kinda already know it.

DPR, the only aspect that makes sense is that taking care of the inactive now allows us to collect more information down the road, because we'd be left with active players.  That's the only part of the play that makes any sense as we stand now. 

But since I expect Zander to be replaced at some point, even this isn't a point that makes me want to take care of that slot yet. 

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Didn't you think him claiming miller is a scum ruse? if so he doesn't need to plan for you to flip town, he would kinda already know it.

Yes... he should start planning for how that will appear. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

DPR, the only aspect that makes sense is that taking care of the inactive now allows us to collect more information down the road, because we'd be left with active players.  That's the only part of the play that makes any sense as we stand now. 

But since I expect Zander to be replaced at some point, even this isn't a point that makes me want to take care of that slot yet. 

Dude, vote however the **** you want. There is no vote that will make or break the game today - I was just explaining my logic and now everyone treats it like I'm "pushing" it. Me? I'd rather get rid of the inactive. You do what you think will work ffs.

2 minutes ago, D P R said:

Dude, vote however the **** you want.

I already have.  I'm just explaining why Zander isn't the right lynch today, because as you know, you would need to convince 6 more people to vote Zander to make that lynch happen.  And given how many other people agree with my line of thinking, that's very unlikely.

7 minutes ago, D P R said:

1) On D1 the benefit of lynching the inactive is to preserve active players - I'm guessing you can't say with certainty who is scum right now? So, odds are, we'll hit town, right? We take out the inactive instead to avoid that.

2) As the game goes on, the inactive becomes more of a problem. We never know what that slot is because there is no play, no record, and until we win, we have to consider that the inactive might be the scum were looking for. As the field narrows, we have to start choosing who we suspect or take a blind shot at the inactive, decreasing our odds of hitting the right target.

Basically, inactives just **** the game, just like everybody says every time we have one.

1) Yes, odds are we will hit Town, but that includes Zander. We are just as likely to hit Town with Zander than with randomly choosing anyone else. But we're not randomly choosing, we're choosing who we think may be scum. And, I say, if we're gonna hit accidentally hit Town, I say we do it while going after an active who is even slightly scummy, than an inactive who we have absolutely no about.

2) What? Generally, when you decrease the source pool, you increase your chances of hitting a specific target. As the game goes on and more people die, that decreases the suspect pool, thus increasing our chances of hitting scum, so I don't really know how this argument of yours supports your theory.

If we hit Zander and he's Town, then that sucks; even more so if he's a PR. If we don't hit him and he's scum, well then guess what, he still ain't gonna do jack sh*t tomorrow. I'd be more worried about taking out his cohorts who can actually influence the game.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Are you expressing/forming a thought here, or just feeding thoughts to others... this pings a little. 

I answered a direct question from Nyn and gave my thoughts on others. Glad it pings you a little and not someone people actually listen to before the game is over whew!!! That was a close one. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I already have.  I'm just explaining why Zander isn't the right lynch today, because as you know, you would need to convince 6 more people to vote Zander to make that lynch happen.  And given how many other people agree with my line of thinking, that's very unlikely.

Yeah, I've really just been explaining my reasoning more than trying to get others to vote that way. Figured that was obvious, but it also gives the peanut gallery a chance to jump in and exploit it, which will be helpful in the days ahead.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's why it's easy to see DPR doing what he's done as town, just like Smash does.  Being illogical and playing messy games isn't automatically a scumtell for either of them. 

It's easy to see?  I dont think so.  They're both being extremely illogical this game.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd rather adjust to others' playstyles than try to force them to play a certain way.  Sounds like you're treating a lynch as a punishment.  This isn't Skinner's Box.  People are going to play the way they play.  It's up to a GOOD town to try to determine who the scum is, not punish poor play. 

So it should be rewarded.?

is there where you enter your illogical phase of play? 

I'm essentially playing chicken with the scum team.  If they leave me alive and the town "clears" me, we narrow the lynch pool and make it harder for scum to win.

If scum don't want to take that chance and decide to NK me, well they waste a kill on somebody who isn't a PR, and that's a pro-town outcome.

And the town will likely not let me live to endgame anyway on the off chance I'm lying, so basically I become a known quantity that needs to be solved at some point.....but let it be the mafia's problem and continue to play chicken.

Therefore, a pro-town move overall.  Painting myself into a corner where I prob can't survive makes zero sense as scum.  Hope this clears it up for you, pirate.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

1) Yes, odds are we will hit Town, but that includes Zander. We are just as likely to hit Town with Zander than with randomly choosing anyone else. But we're not randomly choosing, we're choosing who we think may be scum. And, I say, if we're gonna hit accidentally hit Town, I say we do it while going after an active who is even slightly scummy, than an inactive who we have absolutely no about.

2) What? Generally, when you decrease the source pool, you increase your chances of hitting a specific target. As the game goes on and more people die, that decreases the suspect pool, thus increasing our chances of hitting scum, so I don't really know how this argument of yours supports your theory.

If we hit Zander and he's Town, then that sucks; even more so if he's a PR. If we don't hit him and he's scum, well then guess what, he still ain't gonna do jack sh*t tomorrow. I'd be more worried about taking out his cohorts who can actually influence the game.

1) Yeah, the odds are the same for both scenarios, so it's really just a matter of preference as to how to move forward. Odds are always on a townie swinging D1 - they are very high right this minute. 

2). Blind Box - you get it or you don't. 

If we hit anyone and they'r town it sucks. Double for PR's. I'd rather deal with known factors than unknown, but that's just me. 

20 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Yeah, I'm starting to think one of the two of you is scum?  Do you want to try heavy lifting Crusher today?

80's my best bet for scum..  Crush and JiF right there too.

Yep. Doesn't mean much, but because they've both chosen to make the day about their mouth pooping and gentile sensibilities, there's not been much in the way of interrogating and pressuring folks. I'm sure they'll both blame me in the end, because it's usually my fault if I vote one and ask the other a question that they then go on a 25+ page manopause meltdown.

**** both of 'em, I'm here to lynch idiots - teams be damned - I'll defend those playing the game it should be played.

Fair point, and good dig... but the "troll ape into bickering to defend yourself as scum against him" bit is a scum tell for both. Which is where I'm teetering. I don't have near the conviction that I had last game, because I can't commit to them doing the exact same things ... that said, I've been playing this game for years now and very few people do anything different now than they did years ago when I started.

In case it wasn't clear what I meant when I said:

"**** both of 'em, I'm here to lynch idiots - teams be damned - I'll defend those playing the game it should be played."

Verbal kinda captures it here.

you are like a website that wont stop spamming emails . 

And so like I said right when this started at the very beginning you would call me names, change the subject when proven wrong for the 50 billionth time and then when I retaliate with the name calling it we be all about me name calling !!! You are so ******* transparent and stupid you just need to be told over and over. You suck at this game and should die whether you're scum or town because in both instances you hurt town pretty much every game you play. Now you got Jiffy pop as like a little Robin so it makes it doubly stupid. Neither one of you read the game, neither one of you ever try to think of other peoples perspective, and neither one of you give a sh*t and when proven wrong you just spam the thread with nonsense and stupidity and drown out the other person arguing a point. Its like playing with spoiled children. I'm leaning you may both very well be scum because you both are wrong and you just keep on pushing trying to escalate arguments.

88686524_65049f37e0_z.jpg?zz=1

32 minutes ago, D P R said:

You guys are making wayyyy too much out of D1. Nobody knows anything yet. Do yourselves a service and get rid of the inactive.

Nobody knows anything yet (other than every thing we do know) so lets kill the guy that gives us the least amount information.

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I'm essentially playing chicken with the scum team.  If they leave me alive and the town "clears" me, we narrow the lynch pool and make it harder for scum to win.

If scum don't want to take that chance and decide to NK me, well they waste a kill on somebody who isn't a PR, and that's a pro-town outcome.

And the town will likely not let me live to endgame anyway on the off chance I'm lying, so basically I become a known quantity that needs to be solved at some point.....but let it be the mafia's problem and continue to play chicken.

Therefore, a pro-town move overall.  Painting myself into a corner where I prob can't survive makes zero sense as scum.  Hope this clears it up for you, pirate.

Nope. Just causes distraction and helps scum. Look at today.

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Like, I don't give 2 buckets of monkey piss about how people are getting butthurt and arguing about nonsensical sh*t, whatever.  I stopped caring a while ago when I took a long break.  Verbal 2.0 ain't here to care.  I'm here to lynch scum and skull**** corpses.............and I seem to be out of corpses at the moment.

Hmmmm, maybe something to testosterone replacement therapy after all? 

Just now, D P R said:

Nope. Just causes distraction and helps scum. Look at today.

This isn't 2008 anymore....the game has evolved a bit since then, and so have the "plays".  I helped scum by giving them a chance to push at me as a supposed fake claim.  It might have helped them get a mislynch if I was actually lynched........or perhaps it allowed one of them to show us his ass?

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  And lynching Zander would essentially just turn D2 into another D1. 

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nobody knows anything.

We need an informative lynch to learn something.

Zander is not an informative lynch.

Tomorrow, we'd reset and still not know anything.  And that would likely be true even if Zander flips scum. 

Ladies and gentleman, hell has officially frozen over. 

Archived