Join me in supporting Bryce Petty

joewilly12

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

My question to the Bryce brigade, and don't get me wrong I hope he does well & thought he deserved a shot against the 1s this preseason, is if Hackenberg absolutely kills it in the 4th pre-season game against 2-3 stringers how is it any different than what Petty did? And does that change your mind about which one should be backup? 

You have one guy who has mostly succeeded in the situations he was given.  You have another who shows flashes at times but failed utterly when facing the competition he would see in games where they count.  One guy you know can't do it.  The other you don't know.  It's not a perfect data set by any means but blame the coaching staff for putting themselves into that situation.  All you can do now is make a choice and I know which way I'd go.  

This might help:  http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-york-jets/stats

12 minutes ago, JoeWillie said:

Given his age and his performance in preseason, he is our best option at QB moving forward.

I don't care if it was against 2's and 3's ... my eyes tell me he's light years ahead of Hack. 

I support him and have from the start.

Let him play this year, and if he fails, draft a QB in a rich draft next April.

If we are in a position in rd 1 to draft a potential franchise qb i say we take him anyway regardless of how our young qb(s) do(es).

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

What time does Bowles speak with the media today?  And is there any chance he names a starter today?  He originally said he would today, but Thursday said maybe Tuesday. maybe Wednesday also pretty much giving the old FU to everyone.

I doubt he names a starter today.

If it's McCown, I dont see why they wouldn't tell us today. But if they wanted Petty, then I could see them prolonging it to wait out the injury for a few days. 

22 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

My question to the Bryce brigade, and don't get me wrong I hope he does well & thought he deserved a shot against the 1s this preseason, is if Hackenberg absolutely kills it in the 4th pre-season game against 2-3 stringers how is it any different than what Petty did? And does that change your mind about which one should be backup? 

#1 he won;'t kill it vs 2nd and 3rd stingers.

#2 that angle is WAY over played.  It is your job to execute the offense no matter who you are playing against and if you are playing against other teams 2 and 3's you are also playing with your teams 2's and 3s.

The reality is that it doesn't really matter who starts the season because inevitably the starter will stink it up.  Then the fans will clamoring for the back-up and the back-up after that until there's no one else to go to.  At that point, we look to the draft.  IMO the most important thing the Jets need to accomplish this season is to few full game tapes on Hackenberg to close the book on his evaluation.  When it happens doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.  So go ahead start Petty as though it matters.

20 minutes ago, legler82 said:

The reality is that it doesn't really matter who starts the season because inevitably the starter will stink it up.  Then the fans will clamoring for the back-up and the back-up after that until there's no one else to go to.  At that point, we look to the draft.  IMO the most important thing the Jets need to accomplish this season is to few full game tapes on Hackenberg to close the book on his evaluation.  When it happens doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.  So go ahead start Petty as though it matters.

Truth....

With no WR's and an OL that is awful none of these guys will have any success.

Basically this is a 16 game exhibition season to see who wants to play here and who doesn't.

30 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I've been in on Petty.

Still think McCown gets the start against the Bills.  Bowles loves old vets.  He'll use Petty's injury as an excuse

That's my thinking, he will say Petty is day to day will evaluate, McCown is the starter Week 1, BUT think he doesn't commit to him, saying the Jets will evaluate week to week as far as who the starting QB will be, and turn this into an even bigger cluster ****.

On 8/27/2017 at 1:36 PM, joewilly12 said:

This kid deserves support he is the only decent QB on the roster.   

Hoping Todd Bowles names him the starting QB. 

Image result for bryce petty pics

Guess what I am going to be supporting the Jets. Whoever they start. We are fans. That's what we do.

Start Petty, Hack is the 2... McCown holds the clipboard. McCown doesn't look much better than Hack to me after his 2 series last night.

If Petty is not playing well then get Hack some playing time. Sitting here watching the other "rookies" and it makes you a little sick that our QB situation is this bad. Lets see if Petty and his "gunslinger" mentality can do anything for a few games. 

Archived