MNF Lions-Giants

joewilly12

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

IMO they should not have gotten rid of Coughlin 

Of course not. And now you have Mcadoo throwing Eli completely under the bus(whether deserved or not) while Beckham is allowed to do whatever the hell he wants. No mention of his 4th down drop in the presser I'd imagine. The Giants are becoming the Knicks- overly concerned with appeasing individuals because they are gate draws- winning be damned.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Of course not. And now you have Mcadoo throwing Eli completely under the bus(whether deserved or not) while Beckham is allowed to do whatever the hell he wants. No mention of his 4th down drop in the presser I'd imagine. The Giants are becoming the Knicks- overly concerned with appeasing individuals because they are gate draws- winning be damned.

Thank you!!

That was disgusting IMO.  

You obviously caught that as well throw your QB under the bus but your numbskull WR who dropped passes isn't mentioned; it is a joke!

Caughlin had that team playing at a high level despite the teams talent deficiencies; now when the team has had supposedly significant upgrades across the board the HC is throwing the QB under the bus.  

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

That was disgusting IMO.  

You obviously caught that as well throw your QB under the bus but your numbskull WR who dropped passes isn't mentioned; it is a joke!

Caughlin had that team playing at a high level despite the teams talent deficiencies; now when the team has had supposedly significant upgrades across the board the HC is throwing the QB under the bus.  

Plus you still had OBJ doing his stupid Schtick after gaining 5 yards. Losing teams implode & with that schedule coming up even they can somehow pull out a win in Philly gonna be a tough 5 weeks. Lose in Philly.....gonna get UGLY!

The Giants don't draft well - they hit on OBJ and Landon Collins, and Eli was handed to them 15 years ago. 

Other than that, they are currently regarded as a good football team due to their Free Agency binge a couple of years back. The one where they stole our snacks.

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I thought the only thing McAdoo blamed on Eli was the delay of game, which is frankly all Eli's fault, and he said he didn't intervene by calling TO because he figured Eli's been in the league forever and knows what he's doing, and surely knew the time on the play clock. Few HCs would call TO there; usually if needed, it's still the QB calling TO if he thinks he's not getting the play off. As a 36 year-old QB who's been in the league since 2004, Eli is expected to be more aware there. These guys always get a half-second (sometimes a full second) benefit of the doubt as it is.

I do think it's weak to throw any blame on Eli without the obligatory "but I still have all the confidence in the world with Eli [blah blah blah]" and blame himself on a bunch of calls as well, because otherwise it looks like he's totally passing the buck like a coward.

Also any chance they had on 4th & 10 was crushed with Eli's bad throw/decision. Yeah it's 4th & 10, but he threw it low and at that point his questionable-health receiver can't get his body that low or get down on 1 knee to make sure he completes it. Beckham still had 2 yards to go & only a missed tackle (or two) was getting them a first down with a throw there. Eli's got to see the coverage and realize there was little chance of that one converting even if it was caught, no matter how much of a WTF/dirty look he gave OBJ for the drop. So yeah, Beckham should have caught it, but even if he did it was a low, 8-yd pass on 4th & 10 with 2 defenders right there. The only chance of a 1st was trying to catch it while keeping his balance higher. If the pass/pattern was past the sticks, then yes the play would have been all on OBJ even if the throw was imperfect.

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Imagine this, everyone of the Jets OT's is better than anything the NYG are putting out there:

Beachum

Shell

Ijalana

Qvale

Maccagnan should offer up Ijalana to the NYG for a #3 or #4 pick.  Where else are they going to improve their OLine?

15 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The HC is blaming ELI....

Lets get this right a guy who isn't running his team well is blaming his All Star, HOF QB, we will see how that works out... :) 

I actually can see McAdoo getting fired if the Giants go 6-10.  He is not good and throwing Eli under teh bus is about the dumbest thing he could do at this point

Archived