Maxman

Yankees - 2018 and beyond

2 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

trying to get frazier playing time and have him not be traded.  we have 5 FT outfielders as it stands right now not including this kid?

I think Frazier is going to be traded for pitching.  They just don't need another corner OF for several years now.

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I think they go Torreyes at 2B until they think Gleyber Torres is ready and Didi moves to 3B or 2B

Torres will play second, they have another prospect coming up to play 3rd.

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I think Frazier is going to be traded for pitching.  They just don't need another corner OF for several years now.

We are so overloaded in outfield right now I think Cashman is forced to trade Gardner because no one wants Ellsburys contract

could be a smart move gardy’s value is high now we can get prospects for him

18 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Frazier is a FA, he can't be traded.

They are talking about Clint Frazier not Todd.  Agree Frazier may be traded eventually.  They have Hicks/Gardy/Ells/Stanton/Judge right now and Florial/McKinney in the minors.

2 minutes ago, gqxluvx said:

They are talking about Clint Frazier not Todd.  Agree Frazier may be traded eventually.  They have Hicks/Gardy/Ells/Stanton/Judge right now and Florial/McKinney in the minors.

I dont like Hicks and if Gardy gets them some prospects i am all for it. Ellis goes without saying.  Was hoping Ellis would get some PT in the playoffs over Hicks but nope... Didnt happen...

12 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I dont like Hicks and if Gardy gets them some prospects i am all for it. Ellis goes without saying.  Was hoping Ellis would get some PT in the playoffs over Hicks but nope... Didnt happen...

Hicks is their best defensive CF, and is one of the few guys on the team who doesn't strike out a ton.   Plus he's not that expensive, signed for 2 years, and is a switch hitter.

Conversely, he can't really stay healthy for a full season, but I also don't want Gardner at his age playing CF 150 times a year.    I like Frazier a lot as a prospect, but with Judge and Stanton you just don't have room for another corner OF.   The only way he plays a lot is if Bird goes down (which is NOT impossible) and then Stanton plays first base.

16 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Is Gardy a 10 and 5 player?   i don't know if his 1st year qualifies him.  If so, he has no trade.

21 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Hicks is their best defensive CF, and is one of the few guys on the team who doesn't strike out a ton.   Plus he's not that expensive, signed for 2 years, and is a switch hitter.

Conversely, he can't really stay healthy for a full season, but I also don't want Gardner at his age playing CF 150 times a year.    I like Frazier a lot as a prospect, but with Judge and Stanton you just don't have room for another corner OF.   The only way he plays a lot is if Bird goes down (which is NOT impossible) and then Stanton plays first base.

+1

I like Hicks.  He falls in the - they all can't be superstars category for me.  They need more switch hitters.  I would hope that they plan to play Stanton at first and DH a bunch anyway, though I admit that I am probably not as familiar with him as most.. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

+1

I like Hicks.  He falls in the - they all can't be superstars category for me.  They need more switch hitters.  I would hope that they plan to play Stanton at first and DH a bunch anyway, though I admit that I am probably not as familiar with him as most.. 

I think they want to rotate DH, which will give Stanton some time off.   Gardner needs some time off, and you want Sanchez to DH a lot as well, as you miss his bat, but he can't catch 150 games a year.

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

I may not be as up on the prospects as some, but... who the heck is Ellis?

EDIT: You meant Ellsbury?  

1 hour ago, gqxluvx said:

Yanks trade Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell to San Diego for Jabari Bash.  Pure salary dump and gave them Mitchell for it.

I heard they are about 25 million under the soft cap now.

Who is going to play 3rd?

47 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I heard they are about 25 million under the soft cap now.

Who is going to play 3rd?

I think they are going to try to convince Todd to come back on a 1 year deal or 2 year with an option.  They definitely want a good defender there and Andujar still needs work on his 3rd base defense.  

24 minutes ago, gqxluvx said:

I think they are going to try to convince Todd to come back on a 1 year deal or 2 year with an option.  They definitely want a good defender there and Andujar still needs work on his 3rd base defense.  

Yep, this is what I read as well.  Makes sense.  Read that Cashman was always higher on Machado than Harper and this keeps 3rd base a possibility in 2019 if the Yanks decide to go that route.

That said, it would be awesome if both Andujar and Torres are the starting 3B and 2B and both play well.

On 12/11/2017 at 11:08 AM, #27TheDominator said:

+1

Hicks’ defense in Centerfield alone makes him worth keeping

7 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

Another option is Brandon Phillips on a one year deal at 2B and plug in Torreyes at 3B

42 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I just saw in the Post that they have apparently traded Headley for some light hitting outfielder according to the Post.  I always peek at the Post when I see it in DC What do you think?  I thought Mitchell was a viable pitcher

100% salary dump

50 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Exactly what it was.  Headley for some reason was so much better offensively when he played 1B but Bird has that now

If Bird stays healthy....  huge if.

A lefty, hitting 3rd or 5th.   Between Judge and Stanton or between Stanton and Sanchez.   He should feast, no one will pitch around him, guys always on base, tons of righty pitching.  Bird and DiDi should go off this year.

On 12/12/2017 at 3:34 PM, SMC said:

Yep, this is what I read as well.  Makes sense.  Read that Cashman was always higher on Machado than Harper and this keeps 3rd base a possibility in 2019 if the Yanks decide to go that route.

That said, it would be awesome if both Andujar and Torres are the starting 3B and 2B and both play well.

That would be incredible. Big ifs for both this soon, but man this team would be frightening if they performed.

On 12/13/2017 at 1:56 PM, chirorob said:

If Bird stays healthy....  huge if.

A lefty, hitting 3rd or 5th.   Between Judge and Stanton or between Stanton and Sanchez.   He should feast, no one will pitch around him, guys always on base, tons of righty pitching.  Bird and DiDi should go off this year.

Francesa loves Bird and he looked good late last season.  Headley was pretty much a bust but overall Cashman has been killing it in recent years even if it was Stick who scouted a lot of these players

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Francesa loves Bird and he looked good late last season.  Headley was pretty much a bust but overall Cashman has been killing it in recent years even if it was Stick who scouted a lot of these players

For Bird, it's just health.   If he's healthy, he could be really, really good.   Good bat, good glove, it's just health