Baker Mayfield

DoubleU

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Did the 49ers waste a 2nd round pick to trade for Garopollo?  They will be able to draft a QB for much cheaper.

The NFL is an old boys networks.  Darnold strikes them as a down-to-earth, normal football player.  Rosen exudes prima donna and head case.  The NFL really does not want that.  

You guys are way overlooking this thing IMO. 

1) Darnold finished last year on fire. Rosen was out since october i think, hurt. Darnold came into 2018 with momentum, period.

2) Darnold does play with a certain degree of intangible clairvoyance. Clearly it's not perfect, so says the picks, but there's a part of his game that -- if the rest matures -- could be special. You can tell/feel when you watch him. Just be honest with yourselves. I am... but it's a not a lock in comes together for 4 quarters, weekly. That's the gamble

We could banter about some of their profile/personalities - but those two reasons up there are what make him the headliner. I personally feel more comfortable banking on Rosen - he's been consistently the pro package. I get why Sam's flashy plays get the attention tho. That sh*t excites the media and scouts

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Sam Darnold's INT factor....

Rosen's redzone INT helped USC win Sat night. Forget to watch the game again?  

UCLA was facing a third and 11 at USC's 14-yard line when Rosen flung the ball into double coverage in the end zone. The play didn't end well for the Bruins, with Trojans safety Marvell Tell III intercepting the pass.

"I thought it was a touchdown when I threw it," Rosen said, acknowledging his failure to see Tell.

"We had just kind of one-off mistakes, nothing really like glaring, just stupid mistakes. … It's just frustrating, really frustrating."

Like how he switches from "I" to "We" when it comes to owning up to it. Sorry, dooshhead ... YOU ... had a very glaring one-off stupid mistake.

6 hours ago, jetrider said:

Rosen's redzone INT helped USC win Sat night. Forget to watch the game again?  

Like how he switches from "I" to "We" when it comes to owning up to it. Sorry, dooshhead ... YOU ... had a very glaring one-off stupid mistake.

Remember when Darnold blamed the coaches for his sh!tty play last month?

Passing the buck to other people, and the football to other teams. Sam Darnold.

15 hours ago, Pcola said:

I think when teams investigate Mayfield’s background, they are going to get scared of his baggage.  There is a ton of stuff that happened between Mayfield, his Dad, Texas, Texas Tech, And TCU.  There is a reason he had to walk on because no one that knew him wanted to offer him a scholarship.  Talent has always been there.  That’s why he ended up starting for Texas Tech as a freshman walk on.

Apparently his Dad is another Lavell Ball type.  The minute things don’t go right, there’s always the risk that they go to the media to win their case against the FO.  I would imagine Chris, Woody, and Macc would prefer safer picks.

Wow!.If true, avoid at all costs, and I feel terrible for the kid. I was just going on talent alone, but you essentially are drafting the whole package. Like they say, "you can pick your friends, but not your family."

9 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

I cant put my finger on exactly why but form some reason I just don't want Darnold.........I know I'm in the minority but I really don't want any parts of him in a Jet uniform......unless he is the one left after all the other choices are gone and we are on the clock. 

Saw a mock(Charlie Campbell from Walter football) that had him going 10th to Denver. 

17 hours ago, varjet said:

The NFL is an old boys networks.  Darnold strikes them as a down-to-earth, normal football player.  Rosen exudes prima donna and head case.  The NFL really does not want that.  

Usually the Darnold personality type that you described are more successful than the Rosen's of the world

28 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Mayfield has been smoking these qb's for years. He gets no love because he's short. 

He's the best qb in football. He'll probably be the Derek Carr of this draft class.

Seriously THO. Not that it’s some miracle I missed this guy but I totally missed this guy. Easily the best QB in this draft now that I am fully aware he exists. 

That said I like Rosen plenty and wouldn’t moan too much about Darnold unless he busts. 

On November 22, 2017 at 4:53 AM, sourceworx said:

Remember when Darnold blamed the coaches for his sh!tty play last month?

Passing the buck to other people, and the football to other teams. Sam Darnold.

You mean when he schooled the coaches about running the same play without changing its look?

He was right. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Mayfield has been smoking these qb's for years. He gets no love because he's short. 

He's the best qb in football. He'll probably be the Derek Carr of this draft class.

The question is obviously his maturity. I mean you dont see too many guys act like this and then have success in the NFL. I do like Mayfield though a lot.

Time for a recap:

1. Darnold. All skills, smarts, physical toughness, ideal size. Mature and focused. Great leader with legit "it". Finds a way to win.

2. Mayfield. Great skills, fearless leader, physically tough, undersized. Questionable behavior pattern. Can be great or a complete moron. Finds trouble.

3. Rosen. Nice arm. Ideal size. Physically wounded. Frequent pocket awareness lapses. Has very "off" days. Best bomb thrower since Namath. Fragile and a whiny b!tch. Finds excuses.

All three are exciting to watch and have star potential.

7 hours ago, jetrider said:

Time for a recap:

1. Darnold. All skills, smarts, physical toughness, ideal size. Mature and focused. Great leader with legit "it". Finds a way to win.

2. Mayfield. Great skills, fearless leader, physically tough, undersized. Questionable behavior pattern. Can be great or a complete moron. Finds trouble.

3. Rosen. Nice arm. Ideal size. Physically wounded. Frequent pocket awareness lapses. Has very "off" days. Best bomb thrower since Namath. Fragile and a whiny b!tch. Finds excuses.

We better end up with one of these three QBs.

7 hours ago, jetrider said:

Time for a recap:

Interesting how you leave all of Darnolds weaknesses unsaid. No bias here, eh?

Darnold is careless with the ball and makes poor decisions regularly, and is saved by his natural talent. He won’t get away with that In the pro game. He is a two-turnover-minimum-per-game waiting to happen at the pro level without major improvement to his supposed “smarts” and way of playing.

He is turnover prone playing against talent he exceeds materially. How will he be at the pro level where the DB’s are as elite as anyone?

18 hours ago, jetrider said:

You mean when he schooled the coaches about running the same play without changing its look?

He was right. 

So right that he apologized to his coaches after throwing them under the bus. :rolleyes:

Potential locker room cancer. Stay away. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Darnold is careless with the ball and makes poor decisions regularly, and is saved by his natural talent. He won’t get away with that In the pro game. He is a two-turnover-minimum-per-game waiting to happen at the pro level without major improvement to his supposed “smarts” and way of playing.

He is turnover prone playing against talent he exceeds materially. How will he be at the pro level where the DB’s are as elite as anyone?

I left out Rosen's INTs as well, particularly the game-choking INT he threw at the 14 yard line to lose at USC. Rosen also fumbled that game.

And I agree about pro level DBs. Rosen's lollipop homerun balls work only in college but I generously gave him that anyway. 

6 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

So right that he apologized to his coaches after throwing them under the bus. :rolleyes:

Potential locker room cancer. Stay away. 

Lol ... you hate Darnold because he's an OC kid from USC and in your Archie Bunker mind he's categorically a Mark Sanchez clone.

Gave yourself away a long time ago. Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

18 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Lol ... you hate Darnold because he's an OC kid from USC and in your Archie Bunker mind he's categorically a Mark Sanchez clone.

Wow. Way to jump to conclusions, Sling Blade. 

I compared him to Sanchez because he throws a lot of interceptions. Suddenly that means I'm a bigot.

Cal (5-6, 2-6) @ UCLA (5-6, 3-5)

Bowers vs Rosen

Tonight, 7:30 pm PT, Rose Bowl, TV: FoxSports1. Radio: 570.

WVU (7-4, 5-3) @ OKLA (10-1, 7-1)

Chugunov vs Murray//Mayfield

Tomorrow, 12:45 pm PT, Gaylord Stadium, TV: ESPN

34 minutes ago, jetrider said:

no dude your post comparing the three are seriously biased.......even the good points look questionable because the bias is so obvious. 

7 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

no dude your post comparing the three are seriously biased.......even the good points look questionable because the bias is so obvious. 

Because there's nothing bad to say about Darnold?

Don't criticize my work ... write your own you lazy fark.

2 minutes ago, jetrider said:

No, lol even that statement shows just how biased you are.....you literally imply that is is perfect and has nothing to work on. 

Even if you feel he is the best of the three these are still valid points. 

He is the QB you always wanted but afraid to ask for. I get it. I do. 

46 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Wow. Way to jump to conclusions, Sling Blade. 

I compared him to Sanchez because he throws a lot of interceptions. Suddenly that means I'm a bigot.

For that matter, you can compare him to any pick-throwin' QB if that were the case. But you chose Sanchez why?

On October 24, 2017 at 10:25 AM, sourceworx said:

Darnold and Sanchez are the exact same thing: USC QBs who throw a lot of passes to the other team.

Textbook stereotype in action, Arch. Darnold and Sanchez are totally different QBs. 

46 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Don't criticize my work ... write your own you lazy fark.

So you added in some snarky little piss ant comment after the fact because what I said was true? Ok......your "work" was insufficient, biased and immature. You left yourself open to criticism by being so clearly biased, take your criticism like a man. 

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

So you added in some snarky little piss ant comment after the fact because what I said was true? Ok......your "work" was insufficient, biased and immature. You left yourself open to criticism by being so clearly biased, take your criticism like a man. 

Write your own QB analysis, fukwit, instead of attacking the poster. Talk about immature. Grow up yourself.

Ok ...

Darnold gets cold and stiff in a run-heavy game. He needs to be unchained in an all-out air raid missile attack to demo how electrifying and awesome he really is.

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

For that matter, you can compare him to any pick-throwin' QB if that were the case. But you chose Sanchez why?

Wow Perry Mason. You got me.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Sanchez was the starting QB for the team that I root for. No way, couldn't possibly be that. 

37 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Write your own QB analysis, fukwit, instead of attacking the poster. Talk about immature. Grow up yourself.

Ok ...

Darnold gets cold and stiff in a run-heavy game. He needs to be unchained in an all-out air raid missile attack to demo how electrifying and awesome he really is.

That better fukface?

I sense someone has some sand in his cl!t. Better wash that out before you get an infection. 

16 minutes ago, varjet said:

What is going to happen when people dig up Mayfield's behavioral issues?  Is he going to profile like someone the Jets would draft in the first round?

My guess is they'll have live cameras in Bake's jail cell on draft Thurs.

Maccagnan is at the Rose Bowl tonight.

11 hours ago, jetrider said:

Ok ...

wait....hahahahah you thought me telling you that your "analysis" that didnt include his short comings were an attack? Talk about thin skinned..........That isnt even close to what I would do if I was attacking you. Another poster pointed out that you were missing something in your analysis and I agreed. Point blank, period.....put on a dry pad and maybe your mood will change, you dim bulb. 

Archived