" Top items on jets' Shopping List (next to QB, of course) " ~ ~ ~

kelly

As you can see, Brian, the Jets need a lot. Rome wasn't built in a day and it'll take more than two years to complete this rebuild.

This last line of the article is such ridiculous horsesh*t. The rebuild should have started with the first year of Macc. We’re now three years in and the rebuild is just underway? Just dumb, lousy management from the top down. Three years later and the Jets still have hot garbage at the games most important positions. Embarrassing. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

As you can see, Brian, the Jets need a lot. Rome wasn't built in a day and it'll take more than two years to complete this rebuild.

This last line of the article is such ridiculous horsesh*t. The rebuild should have started with the first year of Macc. We’re now three years in and the rebuild is just underway? Just dumb, lousy management from the top down. Three years later and the Jets still have hot garbage at the games most important positions. Embarrassing. 

It should have. I agree. But I blame Woody for that more than Macc, although he deserves part of it too

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It should have. I agree. But I blame Woody for that more than Macc, although he deserves part of it too

IMO it's 100% on Woody. I'm sure with all of the Cap $ to spend in the 1st year, Woody mandated to Win now instead of rebuilding. And when they almost pulled off a playoff berth, I'm sure it was all in to Win now in the 2nd year. When that failed miserably, Woody was finally convinced a rebuild was in order. It all starts at the top, and unfortunately this vicious cycle will keep repeating until Woody hires someone to run the whole show - which may not ever happen. 

22 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Carl I agree with you! 

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That’s the rub though, you can have a competitive rebuild. You just have to draft the right positions at the right times. He’s ignored vital positions time and again for positions of less significance. He hasn’t figured out how to marry the idea of young talent and having it at positions that can influence a game. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That’s the rub though, you can have a competitive rebuild. You just have to draft the right positions at the right times. He’s ignored vital positions time and again for positions of less significance. He hasn’t figured out how to marry the idea of young talent and having it at positions that can influence a game. 

Agree Carl we needed a QB and he decided to ignore the position in the draft and in free agency and here we sit today still needing a QB and its 3 years later. 

Macc and Bowles need to both go. 

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree Carl we needed a QB and he decided to ignore the position in the draft and in free agency and here we sit today still needing a QB and its 3 years later. 

Macc and Bowles need to both go. 

I'm not as down on Macc as others around here, but I think his biggest mistake was letting Fitz hold him hostage and letting the players decide they wanted Fitz. Very bad decision on his part. He did try to address the QB with the Hack pick and missed. It happens. But if he can't get a QB this offseason in FA or draft, I agree he must go. And Bowles should have been fired after the Buffalo game year one.

Archived