Jetster

Russell Wilson

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, BrickTamland said:

I mean no disrespect:

It’s ok to be a hater. But you should realize that you are totally full of poop.

Wilson is a career 3:1 TD to int ratio (148:52) guy with a SB win and a SB appearance. Plus 15 rush td. I don’t know if that includes playoffs where he has killed it.

Cousins meanwhile has a career 2:1 (89 to 47) ratio.

Proof.

You provide exactly one state, and that's your proof?  The fact that you bring up the SBs is precisely my point.  The Seahawk D and running game are much more responsible for those than Russell Wilson.

Wilson Career

64.4% Completion 7.9 YPA  99.1 QB Rating 1 TD per 17.9 Attemps 1 Int per 51 attempts.

Cousins

66.0% 7.8 YPA 95.1 QB Rating 1 TD per 21.3 attempts 1 Int per 41 attempts.

Yeah big difference there 🙄.  Not that they are similar in the running ability, but Cousins has 12 Rushing TDs in about 1.5 seasons less of playing time.  

I'll stand by my statement.  One of those guys played an some insanely good teams.  One guy has played with mostly marginal/bad teams.  One is considered elite by most people, one is basically considered an after thought and fluke.  Weird.

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Interesting view...  I never liked Glennon. Tall and thin, didn’t look the part.  I like Finley  better.

im going to the game this Saturday..gonna wear my Cotchery jersey. NC State retired his number. 

Cotch....great player for us

i thought Glennon had a great deep ball and he got victimised a lot by drops his junior and senior seasons.

I think Finley goes in the 8-16 range when the draft rolls around.....right where we’ll be picking !! when you talk about looking the part I think he has it, like his ability in the short to intermediate as well as deep balls, he’s been productive, winning without being surrounded by Clemson or Alabama style talent(Chubb apart) and has started 2 or 3 seasons. Completes over 60%....he comes as close to the Parcells rules as anyone I think....we’ll see

enjoy the game

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Interesting view...  I never liked Glennon. Tall and thin, didn’t look the part.  I like Finley  better.

im going to the game this Saturday..gonna wear my Cotchery jersey. NC State retired his number. 

Oh and one other thing...that Jaylen Samuels is some player ....this place would lose it’s shizzle big time if we drafted a fullback early but I think he’s worth it, the scheme/match-up possibilities with him are exciting

9 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

I mean no disrespect:

It’s ok to be a hater. But you should realize that you are totally full of poop.

Wilson is a career 3:1 TD to int ratio (148:52) guy with a SB win and a SB appearance. Plus 15 rush td. I don’t know if that includes playoffs where he has killed it.

Cousins meanwhile has a career 2:1 (89 to 47) ratio.

Proof.

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You provide exactly one state, and that's your proof?  The fact that you bring up the SBs is precisely my point.  The Seahawk D and running game are much more responsible for those than Russell Wilson.

Wilson Career

64.4% Completion 7.9 YPA  99.1 QB Rating 1 TD per 17.9 Attemps 1 Int per 51 attempts.

Cousins

Yeah big difference there 🙄.  Not that they are similar in the running ability, but Cousins has 12 Rushing TDs in about 1.5 seasons less of playing time.  

I'll stand by my statement.  One of those guys played an some insanely good teams.  One guy has played with mostly marginal/bad teams.  One is considered elite by most people, one is basically considered an after thought and fluke.  Weird.

Whats it really matter...  they are both better than any QB we have drafted in the last 15 years, maybe 25 and THAT is what sucks.  

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Wilson Career

Cousins

Now do Ben Roethlisberger.

14 hours ago, Jetster said:

Jonathon Goodwin wasn't good enough for the Jets but he was just fine winning a Super Bowl with the Saints as their starting center. But the Jets always do what the Jets do, overpay for a non premier position. 55 million dollar contract for Nick Mangold. He was good but he wasn't even Kevin Mawae good. Nick couldn't get out & pull like Mawae could. Plus Mangold just got fatter & fatter as his salary went up. Fans talked about his weight on here ad nauseum. 

Players develop at different rates, there was not a Jet fan alive that thought it was a mistake to not re-sign Goodwin.  He had a good career in NO, good for him.  The league is littered w/ players succeeding in new places after struggling w/ other teams.  Goodwin played 4 years here then didn't start in NO until; his 3rd season there but all you geniuses knew he'd make one pro bowl in his career in NO and now you would have preferred him over an all pro like Mangold.   Only Jet fans:lol:

I do think Mawae was better than Mangold but Mangold was still a top 2 C the majority of his career, are you really complaining about Mangold?

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Wilson Career

Cousins

it's about more than out of context stats, it's about making big plays at big moments.  Seattle took off when Wilson became their QB, he has done more w/ less than any QB not names Brady or Rodgers this decade.

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Wilson Career

Cousins

No way.

It is really difficult for me to believe that you are being sincere.

First, Cousins is seen as a good player so this fluke/afterthought idea is incorrect with regard to him.

Second, the TD/int ratio sustained over a career of 2012-2017 IS the very most important stat for a QB. It’s not 6:2 over a three game span, it’s not 21:7 over a one year span. ITS 5.5 years worth of production at roughly 150:50. Come on.

Moreover, Russell KILLS in the playoffs. Going back to his first year, where he almost singlehandedly beat the Falcons. His career td:int stat in playoffs is 20:11, which is skewed by his one bad game where he was 1:4. He played in 12 playoff games from 2012-2016. Has not missed playoffs in his career. 

And who are the big time receivers who have allowed him to sustain these ridiculous numbers over the years and inflated his stats? Doug Baldwin? Kearse? He is only just starting to get real production from Graham who killed in NO. You must think that Marshawn secured all those TDs. Nope, Lynch had 7 receiving TDs while playing with Wilson. I guess Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas caught them all. Seriously who are the “insanely good” offensive players who carried him to insanely good stats? You want to play this card you gotta head over to Matt Ryan (whose stats came from  Tony Gonzalez, Roddy White, Julio Jones...)

I guess I need a baseline here for the “rating.” You must be hearing someone say that he is a lock top 2-3 guys in the league right now and one of the best ever. Because it’s not debatable that he is top 10 right now. It’s not debatable that he is top 5 right now. You want to put Rodgers and Brady ahead of him because of their longer careers with exceptional credentials, no problem. Maybe Brees. But who else? Ben with 2 sb? I’d disagree but ok, fine.

If you had to take a QB right now for the next ten years, you should be taking Wilson. I can understand people might say Wentz too. He also looks great and I wouldn’t argue with Wentz.

The fact is that Wilson was gifted a good defense and strong running game when he came into the league. Another fact is that he quickly became a prolific passer on that built-for-run team. And in the past few years it is Wilson, not defense or running game, that keeps that team scary. At under 6 feet, he plays fearless ball and has not sustained major injury. 

Your grudge against him does not equate to him being overrated.

22 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

8 years in the NFL, multiple starts for several seasons.    

Which is not all that unusual an arc for a career NFL OG. There's an article by Brian Costello today in the Post about Brandon Moore going from a college DL to a practice squader to a Pro Bowl OG. Ducasse is   a servicable guard, but taking him in the 2nd round was a ridiculous  reach. 

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Which is not all that unusual an arc for a career NFL OG. There's an article by Brian Costello today in the Post about Brandon Moore going from a college DL to a practice squader to a Pro Bowl OG. Ducasse is   a servicable guard, but taking him in the 2nd round was a ridiculous  reach AROUND.

Fixed. 😀

22 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Russell Wilson is the most overrated QB of the last 10 years.

Wilson is not the MOST OVERRATED, the following start the list of most overrated.:

Joe Flacco

Eli Manning 

People knocking Wilson have a problem. 

Reliance on stats alone is meaningless; for example McCown’s stats are great right now does anyone think that he is in upper echelon of QBs in the NFL right now?

McCown is playing, by design, not to lose. That is a big big difference from a QB in Wilson who is trying to make plays, by design  to win games. 

And why it is IMO totally assine to compare a young QB trying to learn and grow to say a mature veteran in McCown who is trying to simply, in the main, hold on.   

7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Players develop at different rates, there was not a Jet fan alive that thought it was a mistake to not re-sign Goodwin.  He had a good career in NO, good for him.  The league is littered w/ players succeeding in new places after struggling w/ other teams.  Goodwin played 4 years here then didn't start in NO until; his 3rd season there but all you geniuses knew he'd make one pro bowl in his career in NO and now you would have preferred him over an all pro like Mangold.   Only Jet fans:lol:

I do think Mawae was better than Mangold but Mangold was still a top 2 C the majority of his career, are you really complaining about Mangold?

Yes...yes I am because paying a Center that much money is ridiculous. I liked Mangold but no way in hell I pay a Center a 55 million dollar contract. I think he made 14 million at the end? Maybe I'm wrong but Nick was way overpaid. The Jets either over pay slightly above average players who aren't stars, or they overpay non premium positions & players past their prime, Mangold, Harris, Gilchrist, Skrine, and on & on.

QB, pass rusher, top CB, LT. 

20 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Yes...yes I am because paying a Center that much money is ridiculous. I liked Mangold but no way in hell I pay a Center a 55 million dollar contract. I think he made 14 million at the end? Maybe I'm wrong but Nick was way overpaid. The Jets either over pay slightly above average players who aren't stars, or they overpay non premium positions & players past their prime, Mangold, Harris, Gilchrist, Skrine, and on & on.

QB, pass rusher, top CB, LT. 

guys get paid in this league and they earn their paychecks.  Nick Mangold is a borderline HOFer, one of the greatest players in Jets history as was David harris(though he's not a borderline HOFer).  why shouldn't they have been paid?

On 11/21/2017 at 2:21 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

We got rid of Abe because he found a way to be 'injured' in every big game we ever had because he didn't want to risk actual injury before his big payday. Kudos to him for taking care of #1 and family, but I don't want that guy on my favorite team.

That was 1 game and you weren’t his doctor 

On 11/21/2017 at 2:36 PM, #27TheDominator said:

I am not interested in "figuring out a way to keep" players.  A pass rusher is the guy to do that for, but at the start of an administration Abraham isn't necessarily the guy you want as a team leader.  I hated/hate Mangini more than anybody, but that team was in need of a culture change.

Some culture change we went 4-12 just two years later and Mangenius was fired a year after that

On November 21, 2017 at 3:28 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Oh dear!  The board I used to post on would bash Goodwin! 

Abraham had 47 ******* forced fumbles.  47!  He had 4 less sacks than Ellis AS A JET.  That is despite Elllis soldiering on for an extra hundred years with the team.  If you don't think an extra 34 forced fumbles and 60 sacks is worth mildly worse center play you deserve a team full of safeties, inside linebackers and interior linemen. 

Abe is the second ALL TIME in forced fumbles and up there on the all time sack list.  And that's with all of those missed games.

On November 21, 2017 at 2:21 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

We got rid of Abe because he found a way to be 'injured' in every big game we ever had because he didn't want to risk actual injury before his big payday. Kudos to him for taking care of #1 and family, but I don't want that guy on my favorite team.

This is actually not true.  Vilma confirmed that Abraham could not cut or change direction because of his knee.  But somehow, the story got distorted (surprise) and turned into the guy refused to play because he didn't want to risk his future..  

On November 21, 2017 at 3:28 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Oh dear!  The board I used to post on would bash Goodwin! 

Abraham had 47 ******* forced fumbles.  47!  He had 4 less sacks than Ellis AS A JET.  That is despite Elllis soldiering on for an extra hundred years with the team.  If you don't think an extra 34 forced fumbles and 60 sacks is worth mildly worse center play you deserve a team full of safeties, inside linebackers and interior linemen. 

The Jets (and a lot of the fans) are a disgrace.  We've seen three HOF caliber defensive players come through here the last 15 years (Abraham, Jenkins, Revis) and they get no respect and are actually criticized.  Yet, they talk about an above average center and defensive end with some great reverence.

Also, the Jets beat the Steelers if Jenkins is playing. 

16 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

This is actually not true.  Vilma confirmed that Abraham could not cut or change direction because of his knee.  But somehow, the story got distorted (surprise) and turned into the guy refused to play because he didn't want to risk his future..  

Again, these guys who think Mangini trading our best pass rusher in the last 30 years for a Center know his private health information as well as his doctor

On 11/22/2017 at 7:04 AM, jack48 said:

Vlad is still in the league.  He sarted against the Jets this year.

The one game we had a legit pass rush haha. I wish more of our cast offs started around the league!