Sign in to follow this  
kelly

..Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye & ArDarius Stewart ~ ~ ~

1 hour ago, thshadow said:

It *was* a safe pick, in that his floor was high - it's extremely likely he'll be a starter for many years.  No one is saying he's a bust.  No one is saying he shouldn't start.

The issue most people have is that it's extremely unlikely for him to be a real difference maker - and that was somewhat easy to predict even before the draft.

Despite all of the announcers gushing over him (which I don't get), my feeling is that his impact on the defense is somewhere around the level of Demario Davis's.  Probably less than Davis.  Sure, Adams is a rookie, but even with growth, I think people have a hard time imagining someone playing his position (whatever it is) can be a consistent game changer.

I don't think anyone would claim he'd have more impact than a QB or a Pass Rusher but I don't think many people thought Mahomes or Watson were going to be good, both those QBs went to loaded rosters. I see why we didn't take them given the criticism that each received prior to the draft. That type of gamble makes sense for teams that have a strong supporting cast because they can absorb a swing and a miss easier than a team devoid of talent. It seemed pretty clear that we took the safest option at a position of need who as an added benefit looked like a huge lockerroom presence. I think McCown has shown enough for us to believe the team is not totally devoid of talent and that $90M and multiple draft picks will be added to support whatever QB we take. I don't think the decision was purely based on Adams vs Watson, I think it was sure thing vs potential polarizing QB who the majority of the scouts were unsure would translate to the NFL and may not have any help around him. I think we are far more confident this year to make a run at a QB.

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I don't think many people thought Mahomes or Watson were going to be good, both those QBs went to loaded rosters.

Watson excelled on a mediocre team before the injury. 

Mahome's has not taken a snap in the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Watson excelled on a mediocre team before the injury. 

Mahome's has not taken a snap in the NFL. 

I'm not really arguing Mahomes, more so arguing that the chiefs were a stacked roster who could roll the dice on a QB and have weapons/run game/defense to help transition that young QB.

You considered the Texans a mediocre roster outside of the QB position?? The Texans nearly beat the Patriots at home in the playoffs in spite of their QB in a league that heavily favors QB play going up against the best HC/QB tandem in the last 20 years. I'd say they had a pretty good team outside QB.

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Mac is so hard right now

..the qb's he likes will be gone by the time we pick  :badmood:... so,.. he'll take the best OT still on the board  :unsure:

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

On 11/22/2017 at 2:36 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

It would be like me saying “Every fan speaking here is a sniveling worthless troll who love nothing more than to be miserable and whack off to misery”

Not all people are here

You literally do say that.