Are people overlooking Luke Falk? why?

k-met57

Just now, slimjasi said:

How are people so certain about what any of these guys are going to amount to in the NFL? 

Were you just reading my mind? I love taking about the draft. I post more Jan-Apr than during the season bc, As a Jets fans it's the best part of the year. However there's always a couple posters who become insufferably indignant and obnoxious around this time too. Still fun though if you ignore the few know it alls.

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

How are people so certain about what any of these guys are going to amount to in the NFL? 

Well no one is certain but they express their opinions strongly.  There is nothing wrong with that if you own your comments later on, right or wrong.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Well no one is certain but they express their opinions strongly.  There is nothing wrong with that if you own your comments later on, right or wrong.

Agree. But, people always act so sure about this guy or that guy. I used to do that . . . And then Ryan Leaf happened (who I thought was going to be an awesome pro). As it turned out, I didn't realize how immature he was. I didn't realize that football wasn't that important to him. I didn't know him.

As it turned out, I had no idea wtf I was talking about. And so it goes with the NFL draft . . . 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Because the baseline is that most prospects suck rather than make it, real people have made money off of researching the QB position in the draft, and generally the Luke Falks don’t make it. There’s a system inflated passer seemingly every year and outside of Keenum has anyone put up a good NFL season? Throw in that in this case the player comes pre-injured, maybe a couple other holes with experience...

Also what Beerfish said

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Because the baseline is that most prospects suck rather than make it, real people have made money off of researching the QB position in the draft, and generally the Luke Falks don’t make it. There’s a system passer inflated seemingly every year and outside of Keenum has anyone put up a good NFL season? Throw in that in this case the players comes pre-injured with no experience taking snaps under center...

Also what Beerfish said

The bolded is definitely true, but to me, character is always the big unknown. The stuff that makes Brady, Manning, and Brees who they are is mostly non-physical IMO. 

If we sign Cousins, drafting Falk in the 2nd (with out 2nd pick) wouldn't offend me.

IF we used the top two picks on the O-line.

We draft CB and LB/DE with our top two picks, we HAVE to go O-line with the next 2nd, so yeah. 

Of course as has been shown elsewhere (by me) 2nd Round Jets QB's are a lolworthy bagful of failure.

12 minutes ago, HessStation said:

the hand injury he played through all year. 

True, he did it at Washington State so what could go wrong in the course of an NFL career for a guy who never took a snap under center before the Senior Bowl? Supposedly it’s not the first time he’s injured that arm. 

Then there’s this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/76209814

Both before he gets to face Aaron Donald and co! 

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

True, he did it at Washington State so what could go wrong in the course of an NFL career for a guy who never took a snap under center before the Senior Bowl? Supposedly it’s not the first time he’s injured that arm. 

Then there’s this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/76209814

Both before he gets to face Aaron Donald and co! 

What is your point. Guess how many snaps Jared Goff took under center? 0

wentz took 1/4 in college. 

16 minutes ago, HessStation said:

What is your point. Guess how many snaps Jared Goff took under center? 0

wentz took 1/4 in college. 

Interesting. How many times were Goff or Wentz boarded off the field with a head/neck/spine injury in college? How often did they do it a week after a previous head injury? How many season long injuries did they play with?

Yes, people are overlooking Falk.  Why?  I guess because he doesn't come
from a big time football school, he's on the West coast so his games were
late and he doesn't have the biggest arm in the world.  But he reminds me
of Pennington before his arm injuries.  I could see him sneaking into the
end of the first round to a team with an older QB like NO, PIT or NE 

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Interesting. How many times were Goff or Wentz boarded off the field with a head/neck/spine injury in college? How often did they do it a week after a previous head injury? How many season long injuries did they play with?

If the injury has had sustainable long term affects I'm sure the NFL doctors would find it. I'm having a hard time figuring out your point. You don't like Falk? Cool.

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

14 minutes ago, HessStation said:

If the injury has had sustainable long term affects I'm sure the NFL doctors would find it. I'm having a hard time figuring out your point. You don't like Falk? Cool.

The answers are zero times and zero, Hess. Wentz and Goff were carried off the field with head/neck/spine injuries zero times and had zero season long injuries.

I get that you love, are borderline obsessed with, Falk and see him as a potential top ten passer in the league like Cousins, but there are some big holes in his résumé.

18 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Same conference as Darnold. Good 2017 actually down a bit from 2016, but u take out the Cal game and you are looking at 30TD's vs 8 picks without all the Darnold fumbles.

Threw a ton in college, over 600 attempts in 2016

knock on him seems to be arm strength, which as we know can be developed (see Tom Brady) and system...which....none of the college QB's took any snaps from under center...so that makes no sense.

there is at least a decent chance this guy ends up being the best QB out of them, even if he is kind of boring compared to darnold and mayfield.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu-cougar-football/multiple-nfl-draft-analysts-agree-wsu-qb-luke-falk-has-impressed-on-and-off-the-field-during-senior-bowl-week/

His arm and especially release is way better than he gets credit for...deep ball accuracy still a question mark but other than that I think he looks terrific.even the Cal game a couple of those INTS were on freak plays(one I think was a fumbled shovel pass)

19 hours ago, New York Mick said:

He’s skinny

Has an average arm at best

Stays in the pocket to long

Stares at receivers 

Played in a spread offense 

Played in shotgun

He sounds like a great choice  if he’s available in the 5th sure why not  

Drafting him in the fifth would actually work out perfect, people will beg for him to start, then he finally will, after he shows he is not the QB of the future we will all have more to bitch and moan about how bad Mac at picking franchise qbs 

19 hours ago, New York Mick said:

He’s skinny

Has an average arm at best

Stays in the pocket to long

Stares at receivers 

Played in a spread offense 

Played in shotgun

He sounds like a great choice  if he’s available in the 5th sure why not  

idk.  i do know i read somewhere that steve young thought he has great court awareness and has the ability to look at all the receivers not just the primary guy.  not a first, second or even third rounder but maybe worth it in the lower rounds.

17 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He might be solid but I doubt he'd be special. Put up numbers in a system where everyone put up numbers but I don't know if he has the arm talent for the NFL. Seems like a smart guy who would maximize his skill set.

If god forbid we strike out on the top QBs and Cousins I'd be okay with him in the second round.

Wow, that's a better review than Tom Brady got in 2000, yet Parcells is criticized in another thread for not taking Brady

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

idk.  i do know i read somewhere that steve young thought he has great court awareness and has the ability to look at all the receivers not just the primary guy.  not a first, second or even third rounder but maybe worth it in the lower rounds.

I haven’t seen him play outside of film but the biggest knock I’ve read is he’s light in the ass and stares at one side of the field or locks on a receiver. The other stuff I listed was an issue as well. He has an upside but is not worth a high pick when there’s other needs and better prospects. 

Archived