Mafia for Beginners - Game Thread (GAME OVER - Town wins)

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Lizzie quoted one of Pac's posts and then voted me, which clearly implied based on his vote of me that CTM nk'd pac 

"Clearly?" Yeah, now you're putting words into Lizzie's mouth.

All he did was vote the guy (you) who had previously FoS'd what (Pac) turned out to be a Townie. Whether it was a solid case by Lizzie is another matter entirely, but the fact that you are trying so hard to flip this into a Lizzie lynch is suspect.

22 hours ago, CTM said:

ape and jif are circling around my favorites at the moment, if we are all town that's a pretty good sign. How about we kill one of Lizzie, Nolder, Gata.. 

I think we start with Lizzie so he can study up on continuous odds before investing another dime of anyone's money

@JiF  .. me disrespecting your game by saying if you ape and I are on same page it's a pretty good sign. 

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

"Clearly?" Yeah, now you're putting words into Lizzie's mouth.

All he did was vote the guy (you) who had previously FoS'd what (Pac) turned out to be a Townie. Whether it was a solid case by Lizzie is another matter entirely, but the fact that you are trying so hard to flip this into a Lizzie lynch is suspect.

Yes clearly, if he votes me right out of the gate, it means he thinks I'm scum right? and if I'm scum it means I NK'd Pac.  Not a difficult leap of logic to follow.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

I have been reading back and is CTM the Baker Mayfield of Mafia, super-confident bordering on cocky, or is he just legit?

I still have ?'s on GATA from earlier on. Still wondering about maybe being coached up

things are heating up with batman, woody harrelson,  @jif and @CTM.... 

CTM is banging out a lot "reason". There does seem to be a bit of desperation coming from CTM. I am 50/50 now. Also JIF, I mean Batman is also pretty confident. 

CTM why should I not change my vote to you?

tumblr_m7oga6DHmU1rvukayo1_500.gif

7 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

That's a fair point...Spoot how do you feel about Crusher now that we know Nolder was scum

I do feel a bit better about him. I'm willing to acknowledge that I may have been a bit... neurotic with that case. There's more evident stuff in front of us.

On 3/3/2018 at 4:36 PM, CTM said:

Right but fwiw pac claimed roleless and was willing to die, scum would've had little reason not to believe him, so reason 1 probably isn' ttrue 

Guys, he wasnt indulging though.

On 3/3/2018 at 4:39 PM, CTM said:

Vote gata

The vote edit thing to bigo seems like off thread noob direction. 

I'd be inclined to let spoot live for a bit because reasons and stuff

Decided to move to this after that super stinky gotcha moment from Lizzy.

My heels are officially dug in on CTM.

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

Oh boy, lets assume for a minute that Pac read my post exactly right.

Oh, wow. Dude, you said one word... to a direct and simple question. You can't make this about interpretation.

Stop dodging this, dude. Your knees will give out.

Just now, Stark said:

things are heating up with batman, woody harrelson,  @jif and @CTM.... 

CTM is banging out a lot "reason". There does seem to be a bit of desperation coming from CTM. I am 50/50 now. Also JIF, I mean Batman is also pretty confident. 

CTM why should I not change my vote to you?

tumblr_m7oga6DHmU1rvukayo1_500.gif

Because I'm town.

Ultimately you should vote based on how you interpret the situation.

From my position,  Jif's case on me is so absurd that it's making me head hurt. When  a conversation goes like this

Person A "It has to be this, what else could it be"

Person B "Well it could be this, or is could be this or it could be this? "

and person C comes along and goes OMG person B is agreeing with Person A .. and then becomes adamant that this is what happened it can be a little frustrating for sure.. Presenting alternate possibilties is clearly a counter to the original assertion, i don't understand how it can be seen any other way 

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Oh, wow. Dude, you said one word... to a direct and simple question. You can't make this about interpretation.

i will explain at another point, that's the best i can give you

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

How does that change what I'm saying, Lizzie voted me 30 minutes after death scene by quoting that pac said i thought him and gata were scum

Okay... so?

You're not even attacking the basis of Lizzie's reasoning, which would be fair. You are trying to rewrite it entirely by saying you never said what he's implying in the first place. And you clearly did.

If you were simply wrong, you should at least own up to it, but instead you're fighting it. Hard.

After cousins signs with the vikings

T0mshane: "Cousins signed with the viking because the Jets are a joke organization. What else could it be"

Pac" "Maybe he signed because he doesn't like the big city? Maybe he signed because he wanted to be closer to home? Maybe he thinks he can win Super Bowl now with the Vikings"

Jif: "Pac agrees with Tom"

jfc

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Okay... so?

You're not even attacking the basis of Lizzie's reasoning, which would be fair. You are trying to rewrite it entirely by saying you never said what he's implying in the first place. And you clearly did.

If you were simply wrong, you should at least own up to it, but instead you're fighting it. Hard.

No, i'm attacking  primarily because it was a gotcha post right out of the gate, the fact that pac happened to be wrong is not material (although I did mention it). Also, I had no problem at the time thinking it's possible Gata and Pac were scum

I still think Gata probably is

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

Because I'm town.

Ultimately you should vote based on how you interpret the situation.

From my position,  Jif's case on me is so absurd that it's making me head hurt. When  a conversation goes like this

Person A "It has to be this, what else could it be"

Person B "Well it could be this, or is could be this or it could be this? "

and person C comes along and goes OMG person B is agreeing with Person A .. and then becomes adamant that this is what happened it can be a little frustrating for sure.. Presenting alternate possibilties is clearly a counter to the original assertion, i don't understand how it can be seen any other way 

UNVOTE

11 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

also it wasn't a direct and simple question. Lizzie also quoted them in the wrong order. I was responding to a different post and that was Pac's response to me. Go check

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

After cousins signs with the vikings

T0mshane: "Cousins signed with the viking because the Jets are a joke organization. What else could it be"

Pac" "Maybe he signed because he doesn't like the big city? Maybe he signed because he wanted to be closer to home? Maybe he thinks he can win Super Bowl now with the Vikings"

Jif: "Pac agrees with Tom"

jfc

@T0mShane @Pac @Villain The Foe

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Oy this smell is giving me a headache. When will this guy die so we can spray some Lysol in this btch

You sniffing chemicals actually explains a lot, but i suggest you lay off the inhalants in the future

13 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yes clearly, if he votes me right out of the gate, it means he thinks I'm scum right? and if I'm scum it means I NK'd Pac.  Not a difficult leap of logic to follow.

No, but you're trying to compare Lizzie's "case" to Nolder's "case". They are not the same. Nolder tried to fabricate a narrative based solely around who died, while Lizzie was simply trying to build a case off game play surrounding the dead townie. Two vastly different things. I don't like that you tried to compare those two.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

No, but you're trying to compare Lizzie's "case" to Nolder's "case". They are not the same. Nolder tried to fabricate a narrative based solely around who died, while Lizzie was simply trying to build a case off game play surrounding the dead townie. Two vastly different things. I don't like that you tried to compare those two.

I disagree that they are vastly different. Both tried to use pac's posts for a rational to guide the days lynch. Nolder was more verbose but lizzie did it immediately out of the gate and as a gotcha post, both of which in and of itself are suspect. And i say it's gotcha because he didn't bother to even make a case, he bumped the posts in the wrong order and then simply voted as if my culpability was self evident .

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

No, i'm attacking  primarily because it was a gotcha post right out of the gate, the fact that pac happened to be wrong is not material (although I did mention it). Also, I had no problem at the time thinking it's possible Gata and Pac were scum

I still think Gata probably is

I'm not disagreeing that it was a gotcha post. Not at all.

It's the way that you are trying to frame it, is what I don't like.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

I disagree that they are vastly different. Both tried to use pac's posts for a rational to guide the days lynch. Nolder was more verbose but lizzie did it immediately out of the gate and as a gotcha post, both of which in and of itself are suspect. And i say it's gotcha because he didn't bother to even make a case, he bumped the posts in the wrong order and then simply voted as if my culpability was self evident .

Die 

13 minutes ago, CTM said:

also it wasn't a direct and simple question. Lizzie also quoted them in the wrong order. I was responding to a different post and that was Pac's response to me. Go check

I did check when I voted you. I posted them all in the right order in my post.

Lizzie quoting them in the wrong order didn't change the narrative in anyway.

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'll agree that Lizzie was totally lazy about it, but that's the point. He didn't try to create a narrative about "omg why was Pac the lynch with confirmed Town, must've been the noobs lol" like Nolder did.

All Lizzie did was follow up on a lead started by a dead townie. I never thought I'd say this, but Lizzie started from a place of fact rather than conjecture.