Mafia for Beginners - Game Thread (GAME OVER - Town wins)

The scum team decided it was time to remove the simian threat from the game.

"We've tried throwing bananas at it.  We've tried offering him poop from various other animals to throw.  Nothing is working.  Let's just get him out of here."

The Ape, covered completely in his own feces, was about to spread more poop cream on yet another player.

"EWW gross!  STTTTOPPPP!!!"

But then, an arrow was let loose from outside the cage, knocking the Ape to the ground.  He was dead instantaneously, with poop covering his hand.  

monkey-emojis-23.png

The Ape is dead.  He was.....

Roleless (Vanilla) Town!!!

• Sympathy 2

1.  Spoot  Roleless Town, Killed N4

2.  @The Crusher

3.  Lizzie  Roleless Town, Lynched D3

4.  Pac  Roleless Town, Killed N1

5.  @BrickTamland

6.  BigO  Roleless Scum, Lynched D1

7.  @Stark

8.  Nolder  Roleless Scum, Lynched D2

9.  @GATA

10.  BallinPB replaced by Lizard King, Roless Town, Lynched D6

11.  JiF, Roless Town, Killed N5

12.  Hess, Roleless Scum, Lynched D5

13.  Leelou replaced by @AVM

14.  Ape, Roless Town, Killed N6

15.  CTM  Roleless Town, Lynched D4

16.  AVM  Mod-Confirmed Town, Killed N2

I am going to re-read this whole game.... I will get back with my thoughts. 2 things I am wondering from last night, @GATAI know you didn't cast a vote, i think you said you were waiting on getting a response from someone, i also remember you did not cast a vote when Hess went out? so thats 2 times in a row. Are you just unsure? I thought you were active during that period of time, maybe you just missed it because it did move quick on hess.

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

2nd thing i am wondering.... what if that person has been lynched since? is that a possibility?

The death scene 80 posts identifies their role, so even if said person had a one-time only bullet proof vest which was then gone, the death scene would read something like this:

"AVM, townie with a one-shot BPV, was dead!"

or
"Player X, town doctor, was dead!"

31 minutes ago, Stark said:

I am going to re-read this whole game.... I will get back with my thoughts. 2 things I am wondering from last night, @GATAI know you didn't cast a vote, i think you said you were waiting on getting a response from someone, i also remember you did not cast a vote when Hess went out? so thats 2 times in a row. Are you just unsure? I thought you were active during that period of time, maybe you just missed it because it did move quick on hess.

Those lynches went way too fast, next thing you know there were lynches.

Mind you I was posting thoughts and inquiries during the Hess one and boom he's lynched.

Yesterday, I stepped away for a small bit and Lizzie is gone. 

15 hours ago, AVM said:

I really really want to jump on Ape for a gotcha above, but how he could vote JiF not knowing he's dead IF he's scum and has access to their thread is beyond me.  I mean...Ape and I have been scum a few times together, but I can't really remember his thoughts on reading thread first vs. dead thread first.  Sometimes (and this hurts my case this game, severely) - I'll read the game thread first so that my reactions are more genuine.  I try to cover that by not reading ahead when town (AVM 1.0 this game), which sometimes causes me to miss a quick run-up for a lynch, thus making me look bad.  Fortunately this game I was mod-confirmed and came back as a different player, so I escape that criticism here.

I really, REALLY want to scream gotcha and vote Ape.  Will finish catching up first...but need an explanation for the Crusher/gut nonsense above

15 hours ago, AVM said:

You mean you don't like the vomit of posts in an hour long period than span back 2 days? How strange :P (me either, haha)

It's difficult and a hindrance - one of the reasons I don't play as much anymore.

Also the fact that I've been SUPER helpful is a sometimes a good indication of scumminess :rl: 

Could it be you're self validating and trying to throw us for a loop?

Are you scum?

• Sympathy 1

Both @BrickTamland & @AVM were hard to read for the most part of the game because of their sporadic ins and outs.

@Stark I'm compelled to give you the benefit of the doubt but it's up in the air at this point.

@The Crusher The only possible negative I have for you is what AVM pointed out earlier since you and JIF are always buddy buddy but then things changed by the end of it. Granted I think you've played like someone trying to find scum and very chill because you're confident in the role. That's how I perceive it, I could be wrong.

11 minutes ago, GATA said:

Could it be you're self validating and trying to throw us for a loop?

Are you scum?

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

Both @BrickTamland & @AVM were hard to read for the most part of the game because of their sporadic ins and outs.

@Stark I'm compelled to give you the benefit of the doubt but it's up in the air at this point.

@The Crusher The only possible negative I have for you is what AVM pointed out earlier since you and JIF are always buddy buddy but then things changed by the end of it. Granted I think you've played like someone trying to find scum and very chill because you're confident in the role. That's how I perceive it, I could be wrong.

@GATA are you scum? Of everyone in the thread, IIRC I don't remember you stating your allegiance.

23 minutes ago, GATA said:

Those lynches went way too fast, next thing you know there were lynches.

Mind you I was posting thoughts and inquiries during the Hess one and boom he's lynched.

Yesterday, I stepped away for a small bit and Lizzie is gone. 

I agree that Hess lynch was super quick, lizzie wasn't too quick, at least not in comparison. 

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

@GATA are you scum? Of everyone in the thread, IIRC I don't remember you stating your allegiance.

I'm a townie 

*AHEM*

19 hours ago, JiF said:

Who else is a vanilla townie in this game?

Raise you hand!!!

ME!!!

Now tell me how a RB fits? 

image.png

• Haha 1

Just now, Stark said:

damn cat pics, yes now i remember. You wouldn't say you were, just post a picture... I am going to keep re-reading this whole game.

Liz also asked me directly if I was scum and I said Nope. Knock your socks off finding it.

10 minutes ago, Stark said:

too many pages... I'm not looking for that from you.

it's not for me, you stated a falsehood about me not stating my allegiance. I did it though. 

I'm not going to drive something against you yet because I feel you pretty much answered everything genuinely.

However, maybe tonight I'll look a little more into why you kept pressing JiF on being two-faced and trying to make us vote him off.

Anyway I'm not voting till I get off work tonight because it's 90 something pages of this fiasco and I have auditors in the office.  So on that note see you all later. 

16 minutes ago, GATA said:

it's not for me, you stated a falsehood about me not stating my allegiance. I did it though. 

I'm not going to drive something against you yet because I feel you pretty much answered everything genuinely.

However, maybe tonight I'll look a little more into why you kept pressing JiF on being two-faced and trying to make us vote him off.

Anyway I'm not voting till I get off work tonight because it's 90 something pages of this fiasco and I have auditors in the office.  So on that note see you all later. 

i only said i couldn't remember you saying if you were town, I didn't spread any accusations, I asked if you did and I just missed it.

I explained the JiF thing, I was trying to see if we would get some type of reaction on him, but we didn't hence the reason didn't vote for him (except for a few hours on Saturday to see if he would comment)

Understandable. need to actually do some work here too. 

On 3/8/2018 at 10:57 PM, Kaylee said:

Lizzie came out strutting his stuff. He was confident. Why wouldn't he be? Hess been around, shown these guys what was what and they should get behind him... it so he thought. 

The town slowly gathered around him, circling him, ready to devour. "Did he really just think we'd get behind him on this?" someone said. "He struts around like he's making any kind of sense. I say kill it with fire!" Others joined in and the poor bastard was hung. I mean, they didn't even have the decency to give him more than a loin cloth...

the_lizard_king_by_rockdudett.jpg

Lizard, Vanilla Town, had been lynched[/color]

On 3/8/2018 at 11:50 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Night Actions are due by 10:00 AM EST

On 3/9/2018 at 8:54 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

The night descended into day. 

"Any dead bodies tonight?"

"No.  We're all still here."

On 3/9/2018 at 8:54 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Day 4 has begun.  With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch. 

Didn't miss a deadline.

So our options are someone had protection or scum decided to kill no one for funsies and to eff with town.  So...someone is doc or has/had a BPV.

On 3/10/2018 at 11:07 PM, AVM said:

I already know you turned out town, but this was awful. Just awful.

Because of this. You've played at least a half dozen games with Hess, right? Lol

You keep reminding people how little you're paying attention and skimming. Like...a lot.

I'd have still strung you up.

...why Crush night 2? 

Also - the bold was directed at Hess.  He never answered, though I never pressed him a second time.

Should be noted that Hess is probably equally likely to name two town, two scum (we know he didn't do that, though), or one of each...just noteworthy.  Should have pushed a second time to get the info.

On 3/7/2018 at 2:48 PM, HessStation said:

I noticed your train dissolve after I voted. It's like I have the clap.

On 3/7/2018 at 2:55 PM, The Crusher said:

You ARE the clap.

On 3/7/2018 at 8:00 PM, The Crusher said:

Ok. Anybody who votes Hess get banned until training camp. 

this seems pretty innocent, Hess scum, and Crush joking around.. just 2 scum joking around.

On 3/12/2018 at 12:58 PM, The Crusher said:

You need to get intel on the question I answered in detail right before I got busy this weekend. That makes no sense at all.  not to mention I have played quite a bit since then.

@gata asked crusher why he voted her, he dodges question.

On 3/12/2018 at 1:03 PM, The Crusher said:

No. I don;t know set ups as they relate to numbers. Im thinking two rolled towns and two rolled scums are not unheard of. I do know 80 has put this game together to help the new p0layers learn mafia so I don;t think it's crazy we still may have roles.

So you are now saying Im the godfather like Spoot? How is that possible in a game with no roles dude?

21 hours ago, AVM said:

The post about Crusher needing to get pressure really implies, to me, that he meant his vote on JiF.  

I don't think Lizzie, being someone who is easier to lynch (and he knows it) would suggest eliminating Ape/Crusher/myself (I think that was the trio he said it couldn't be) as scum.  I think I'm leaning town pretty solidly here.

It's entirely possible Crush is playing one of if not his best game as scum -- I'd say that D1 was phenomenal and aside from a somewhat lucky lynch in BigO would have set scum up to win.  Crush's big pushes were on townies and I can't help but notice JiF started to turn his attention to Crush end of the last game day.  For the new folks, JiF and Crush are like Batman and Robin, peanut butter and jelly, 80 and hugs -- they just go together.  One of the two read the other extremely well and I believe the other doesn't...can't remember which.  However the fact that JiF, who was having an extremely good game, started to question Crush at the end then JiF is the NK doesn't go unnoticed.  It would also be an excellent set up.

This is just some stuff I thought was interesting. crusher points out this game is to help the newbies to learn mafia, hinting at roles or lack thereof.. 

and then AVM pointing out that it could be crush or AVM. However AVM is pointing out that crush could be playing his best game as scum, that is coming from a seasoned mafia player. Also mentions the Crush and JiF love and that JiF (town) did mention a hint at crush maybe playing all of us. I didn't read every post but I didn't look for that in particular.

19 hours ago, Kaylee said:

FINAL Day 6 Vote Count

Lizzie (4) - Crusher, Brick, Ape, AVM

Brick (2) - Lizzie, Stark

Crusher (1) - Ape

THAT'S A LYNCH!

Not Voting (1) - GATA

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch

This is the last lynching and I think that, if there is 1 scum left they voted for Lizzie. which means @GATA is lower on my list since she did not vote here, also worth pointing out that crusher threw out Lizzy as his first vote 4 times right after a lynch. So could Crush be scum and trying to lead with town votes. (more on this in a minute, probably next post).

17 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yep. We all do at times. We are stil

in ok shape. Just need to take our time and get it right tomorrow. 

crush, surely you meant take our time and find the scum tomorrow. Get it right could mean you manipulate the newbies into voting off a town. 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

this seems pretty innocent, Hess scum, and Crush joking around.. just 2 scum joking around.

This is just some stuff I thought was interesting. crusher points out this game is to help the newbies to learn mafia, hinting at roles or lack thereof.. 

and then AVM pointing out that it could be crush or AVM. However AVM is pointing out that crush could be playing his best game as scum, that is coming from a seasoned mafia player. Also mentions the Crush and JiF love and that JiF (town) did mention a hint at crush maybe playing all of us. I didn't read every post but I didn't look for that in particular.

This is the last lynching and I think that, if there is 1 scum left they voted for Lizzie. which means @GATA is lower on my list since she did not vote here, also worth pointing out that crusher threw out Lizzy as his first vote 4 times right after a lynch. So could Crush be scum and trying to lead with town votes. (more on this in a minute, probably next post).

crush, surely you meant take our time and find the scum tomorrow. Get it right could mean you manipulate the newbies into voting off a town. 

You just read? I literally answer that question three different times in the thread. I read up on her and answered it before I tended to my daughter party this weekend. Then I answered it again when Gata asked me just a few pages back. My re-read on Gata was Friday morning around 10, I answered it.

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

Nothing in the black I can offer explanation or defense for because I didn't do any of it. Just observation from AVM.

11 minutes ago, Stark said:

Those two sentences are really strange together. my point was clear the second sentence is nothing more than you literally making shit up.