Mafia for Beginners - Game Thread (GAME OVER - Town wins)

2 hours ago, Lizard King said:

no - what is gross is that he so blindly followed what was popular at the time, as to fit in. that's a scum tactic.

@GATA  thoughts?

No, it’s not a scum tactic. Following the ebb and flow is something both alignments do.

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

wrong, learn what narrative means and try again. You played well. its over though

3rd person you’ve called the final scum in about 3-4 pages.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

see screen shot. it is form just now, but earlier it had - hit on JiF happened the only names other than the 4 of us were CTM, 80 and JifScreen Shot 2018-03-12 at 4.00.28 PM.png

Meaningless. You can set yourself to private and not show up there, and NK are submitted ina separate thread. Lizzie is pushing this to take advantage of your inexperience.

1 hour ago, BrickTamland said:

Unvote.

vote lizard king

Gata: i have no read on her. 

stark: plays fast. Tries hard. I suggested he was being coached about 30 pages back. Now i tend to think he is just trying to be good at the game, make reads.

lizard king: coming on to me hard now. I cant remember who his most recent sub was for. If ballin then i thought ballin was suspicious early on. I love LK’s name though. 

Last words:

Ayudame gatita!

Inexperienced townie getting pressure for first time oftener sees the person pursuing them as scum, because it’s kneehetk and the only known to them is that they are town.

Omgus 

Scum. ^

1 hour ago, AVM said:

Fwiw, with a non-doc role dying last night you couldn't have kept him alive. I freaked out when I saw the first scene...but the logic was sound. Prior to the day opening up I wouldn't have considered voting Hess.

Good job by town

You ass, lmao

well done

While this isn't fail-proof logic, good look from Lizzie

However...I and others, as mods, typically make NKs a team decision - those dead and those alive. Unless there isn't a specific member of the team that is the only one with a killing ability. While it's standard practice to wait for living players if 1-the last remaining player is new or 2-the last remaining player is oft MIA, it's not unheard of for NKs to occur before the last player is present. The team may have already agreed upon who to NK, for another thing

Lulz

I think these two posts got flipped. Weird.

Anywho,..don't clear anyone based on the above thinking. Also possible the last scum was signed out here but present in their quicktopic scum team chat.

for the new folks - mods send teams (scum and otherwise) an external chat link to use for discussions and decisions. Don't clear folks based on speed of night actions

Some of the best discussions in a long time, it's good to see

Town. ^

24 minutes ago, AVM said:

I'm really conflicted.  Ape legitimately busy - I mean the dude has a full family now so obviously - and would have never faked being busy at any point before, anyways...so I can get past the skimming and posting that he's skimming.

The post about Crusher needing to get pressure really implies, to me, that he meant his vote on JiF.  Someone else - @GATA @The Crusher @Stark @BrickTamland @Lizard King read that and tell me I'm wrong.  Trolling JiF like that is something he's done time and time again, so my initial read of that was same ol same ol.  Just struggling with that one post.

I don't think Lizzie, being someone who is easier to lynch (and he knows it) would suggest eliminating Ape/Crusher/myself (I think that was the trio he said it couldn't be) as scum.  I think I'm leaning town pretty solidly here.

Of the new trio - I could make the case for all 3.  A combination of being coached by very capable vets and genuine interest and excitement.  Brick's made a couple of questionable posts, probably the most of the 3 - but in a weird way the mistakes make me feel a little better about him.  GATA has sunk her teeth into a few people and played it cool other times...has come across as town flipping between anxious to lynch someone they think they have and lost townie looking for guidance.  The beating of the chest regarding lynching innocents is the worst look by far, but we've all been there in the first couple of games.  Stark has definitely gotten more involved (IIRC, just had a kid? So I think that's the explanation there regardless) -- almost like stepping in to take over as teammates have gone down.  Lay low early on then forced to be more involved after two quick teammate deaths.  The case on Brick is so good it's almost too good.

It's entirely possible Crush is playing one of if not his best game as scum -- I'd say that D1 was phenomenal and aside from a somewhat lucky lynch in BigO would have set scum up to win.  Crush's big pushes were on townies and I can't help but notice JiF started to turn his attention to Crush end of the last game day.  For the new folks, JiF and Crush are like Batman and Robin, peanut butter and jelly, 80 and hugs -- they just go together.  One of the two read the other extremely well and I believe the other doesn't...can't remember which.  However the fact that JiF, who was having an extremely good game, started to question Crush at the end then JiF is the NK doesn't go unnoticed.  It would also be an excellent set up.

All reasonable post and we can discuss some of it later if need be, but I really think you are off on Lizzie. He also knows half of us don;t take him serious and at times literally stop reading his post during games. I saw the closest thing I have ever had on a town tell from his play last game. A solid effort. This game in his first carnation he didn;t even start playing the game until he was almost lynched.

The biggest tell and downright confusing thing is the way he acted right after he died and came back as Ballin.  He was all in on CTM even mocked him while he was dead and I had to ask him to not post because he was dead. I sent him to see SMC in the dead thread. Then right after he came back he just switched to JIF and used CTM as the reason why. I put the whole thing in order and asked him about it. All he did was give me some omgus crap and told me I used a post from when he was Lizzie. I think the first post was him announcing he hasn;t seen the set up.  So obviously he was dead already.

He refuses to answer questions and basically blocks anyones ability to look into what he does.  Go look at the series. I'll fetch you the page number. I presented it best I could as a questions and he OMGUS it and crapped on it. Thats simply not townie play.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

All reasonable post and we can discuss some of it later if need be, but I really think you are off on Lizzie. He also knows half of us don;t take him serious and at times literally stop reading his post during games. I saw the closest thing I have ever had on a town tell from his play last game. A solid effort. This game in his first carnation he didn;t even start playing the game until he was almost lynched.

The biggest tell and downright confusing thing is the way he acted right after he died and came back as Ballin.  He was all in on CTM even mocked him while he was dead and I had to ask him to not post because he was dead. I sent him to see SMC in the dead thread. Then right after he came back he just switched to JIF and used CTM as the reason why. I put the whole thing in order and asked him about it. All he did was give me some omgus crap and told me I used a post from when he was Lizzie. I think the first post was him announcing he hasn;t seen the set up.  So obviously he was dead already.

He refuses to answer questions and basically blocks anyones ability to look into what he does.  Go look at the series. I'll fetch you the page number. I presented it best I could as a questions and he OMGUS it and crapped on it. Thats simply not townie play.

I got to go. I i wll look for it in a bit.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

If you are scum, then hats off. This is your best effort to date. Im ITV bettingvyou are though. I know you can’t lie.

10 minutes ago, AVM said:

y.  I change my mind on GATA every page or so, though.

Yup, me too. I chalk it up as the DM effect. When you play with people still figuring it out, who sort of narrate their own play it makes it seem unnerving. She remind she evidently some players there.

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Good response.

On 3/8/2018 at 10:57 PM, Kaylee said:

Lizzie came out strutting his stuff. He was confident. Why wouldn't he be? He's been around, shown these guys what was what and they should get behind him... it so he thought. 

The town slowly gathered around him, circling him, ready to devour. "Did he really just think we'd get behind him on this?" someone said. "He struts around like he's making any kind of sense. I say kill it with fire!" Others joined in and the poor bastard was hung. I mean, they didn't even have the decency to give him more than a loin cloth...

the_lizard_king_by_rockdudett.jpg

Lizard, Vanilla Town, had been lynched[/color]

^^^ Ditto this

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

I’m not. You got Ape’d... welcome to JN mafia

I like how you have 2 opportunities to impact the game, you sh*t down your leg in both instances, then immediately blame others. Narcissistic personality disorder all the way. 

1 hour ago, GATA said:

It’s ok I was trying to find out if Lizzie was it or not 

Hope the babies are asleep

Nope play time and now dinner time. Lol

I’m not. You got Ape’d... welcome to JN mafia

Well darling you can jerk off. :P

4 hours ago, AVM said:

This is an excellent ****ing point and I'm a moron for not thinking it.

Stark can't be town.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Any experienced player knows that actively posting doesn’t equate to person who submitted NK. NK is typically submitted via a private chat. Not even on JN. Stark not knowing this makes him town automatically.

This guy should know this. He just bailed on his opportunistic case on me, for another opportunistic vote based on a false noob premise.

Few things.  If Lizzie has played before and did not disclose the way the scum NK communication works well wtf? Playing devils advocate I could easily say and act like I have no clue how scum side works to throw people off, actually would seem like a pretty obvious move. 

The way that whole exchange went down with the “veterans” and how sure they sounded, driving the Lizzie bus (which I questioned Lizzie but never felt like he was scummy, if he was I think he would have gotten more flustered when being confronted about it only being then 4 of us as options to off JiF). I think I have a good sense of who is the real scum. 

I also have a question as to why the votes read:

FINAL Day 6 Vote Count

Lizzie (4) - Crusher, Brick, Ape, AVM

Brick (2) - Lizzie, Stark

Crusher (1) - Ape

THAT'S A LYNCH!

abcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabc

Not Voting (1) - GATA

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch

Does ape have 2 votes here? @Jetsfan80 @Kaylee

4 hours ago, Kaylee said:

Official Day 6 Vote Count

Lizzie (2) - Crusher, Brick

Crusher (1) - Ape

BRICK AND LIZZIE ARE AT L-2

Not Voting (2) - AVM, GATA

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Caught up: 

100% convinced that Stark is town.

100% convinced that Lizzie is scum, of literally the worst townie ever.

60% that Gata, AVM, Crusher and BRick are town.

vote lizzie

4 hours ago, Kaylee said:

Official Day 6 Vote Count

Lizzie (3) - Crusher, Brick, Ape

Crusher (1) - Ape

BRICK IS AT L-2

LIZZIE IS AT L-1

Not Voting (2) - AVM, GATA

3 hours ago, AVM said:

vote Lizzie

No double vote or any voting shenanigans... see above for the progression. Just forgot to remove Apes old vote when he changed to Lizzie. 

• Upvote 1