One year from today, Godzilla: King of the Monsters hits theaters!!!

Larz

On 5/11/2019 at 7:49 AM, Larz said:

I’ve actually thoughts of that but never tried it lol

i May buy 8 seats to insulate me from the loud eaters and bag crinklers for Godzilla vs Kong!!!

why can’t we get headphones? Some sort of Bluetooth thing?

the biggest complaint I have about going to the movies is the crowd noise 

Yep

Overall it was enjoyable and certainly better than that other mainstream Godzilla flick from 5-6 years ago...but it still committed some of the same gaffs.

Stop cutting away constantly from the monster fights for f*ck sake. That’s what I pay to see you dickbags. And stop portraying all of them under the shroud of darkness and a f*cking hurricane.

I’m still looking forward to the Godzilla vs Kong remake, but they better change some stuff up from the current formula.

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Yep

Overall it was enjoyable and certainly better than that other mainstream Godzilla flick from 5-6 years ago...but it still committed some of the same gaffs.

Stop cutting away constantly from the monster fights for f*ck sake. That’s what I pay to see you dickbags. And stop portraying all of them under the shroud of darkness and a f*cking hurricane.

I’m still looking forward to the Godzilla vs Kong remake, but they better change some stuff up from the current formula.

The final battle was brutal, how can you make Godzilla vs zero the background action? 

Hollywood can’t get the basics of a Godzilla showdown. 

2 combatants, opposite some sides of the screen, they come together and brawl 

The guy in the rubber suit was also a performer 

the cgi beasts have no personality 

The darkness is due to the lighting/shading issues on such a scale 

maybe in 10 years we’ll see a daylight shot 

toho gets it, we’ll sacrifice quality for daylight and personality 

shin Godzilla was a good example or heck even final wars

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Hey....at least they destroyed the sh*t-hole Boston.

What did you think?

I enjoyed it more the 2nd time 

I got over the plot issues and the pressure of evaluating the movie and just got enjoyed it 

the rodan sequence when he comes out of the volcano are spectacular 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Larz said:

What did you think?

I enjoyed it more the 2nd time 

I got over the plot issues and the pressure of evaluating the movie and just got enjoyed it 

the rodan sequence when he comes out of the volcano are spectacular 

I'm going to have to see it again.  I was a little underwhelmed but I think that was because my expectations were so high.

I wish they would have shown a little more of the other Titans, but I get that you can only do so much with a budget.

It will be interesting to see where this goes with Kong v. Godzilla next year.  

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm going to have to see it again.  I was a little underwhelmed but I think that was because my expectations were so high.

I wish they would have shown a little more of the other Titans, but I get that you can only do so much with a budget.

Go see if again. The first time I was watching like a critic and the mystery titans the plot and the final fight bugged me 

the second time I was able to enjoy things much better 

The end of the movie they show in a headline that titans are moving to skulls island. 

Maybe Godzilla has a crew and Kong has a crew?  That would be epic lol

• Upvote 1

Just saw it, and -- without spoilers -- I fvcking loved it. Just an hour after seeing it and I'm already in withdrawal. Gotta watch more Godzilla. I re-watched some old Godzilla movies a few days ago as an appetizer, including King Ghidorah's first and second appearances, and now I'm about to go on a multi-day bender of Godzilla movies. Hmmmm... Amazon is calling my name. My Godzilla film collection seems a little light.

• Upvote 1

On 5/31/2019 at 6:24 PM, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Loved it.

Spoiler:

Kinda disappointed the climactic fight didn't feature Anguirus biting Ghidorah to distract him long enough for Godzilla to take him out of it. Actually, really disappointed in the basic lack of Anguirus altogether.

Same here.

I ❤️ Anguirus.

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2019 at 8:15 AM, IndianaJet said:

+1 for the bold. I was really hoping to see more of that, too, and was expecting a battle royale akin to Destroy All Monsters, so that kinda disappointed me. But, I remembered how excited I was years ago to hear that just Mothra, Rodan, and King G would be in it, so I quickly got over it and just enjoyed the action.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:59 AM, Larz said:

The end of the movie they show in a headline that titans are moving to skulls island. 

Maybe Godzilla has a crew and Kong has a crew?  That would be epic lol 

Saw that, too. That would be amazing. And if Rodan isn't on Godzilla's crew, I'm gonna be kinda pissed.

Spoiler

Rodan not fighting along side Godzilla and Mothra at some point against King Ghidora is my biggest complaint about the film.

And I wonder where they're going with that post-credits scene. Is that gonna factor into Godzilla vs. Kong, or are they teasing that for another potential TBD movie?

My theory:

Spoiler

Tywin Lannister creates Mecha-King Ghidorah to be the new Alpha so he can control the other Titans by proxy.

I have to say that they really succeeded in making King Ghidora terrifying. Holy sh*t, they did a good job with that. Hats off. Rodan was pretty intimidating himself.

And, for the first time since Toho's Rebirth of Mothra series, Mothra actually seemed like a pretty capable melee fighter. Would love to see more of that.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Okay, one more add:

When Akira Ifukube's original score came on when Godzilla arose from the depths in the final act...

Chills, man. So many chills.

Here it is, for your listening pleasure again, guys.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/19/2019 at 10:03 AM, MasterChiefJets said:

Loved it so much. Kong vs. Godzilla cannot come soon enough.

Bad news @Larz  but at least it fits with the concept of the thread title... A Little Less Than One Year From Today! 

'Godzilla vs. Kong' Release Date Pushed 8 Months to November 2020

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/godzilla-kong-release-date-pushed-8-months-november-2020-1253500

15 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Bad news @Larz  but at least it fits with the concept of the thread title... A Little Less Than One Year From Today! 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/godzilla-kong-release-date-pushed-8-months-november-2020-1253500

Saw that last night. Epic bummer. With no trailer out yet I was more or less braced that this was coming. 

4 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Sucks, but if it lets them put out the best possible movie, then I can wait. We want this one to do well so that they continue the Monsterverse.

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Larz said:

CC8C77F7-02A7-4883-9F87-4A74859F2CBA.png

I’m extremely excited. I didn’t realize this site had huge kaiju fans.

My quick review of King of the Monsters is this: The human parts mostly sucked. The monster parts were excellent. I loved Mothra, OMG I loved Mothra. Just a good movie.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

So looking at this trailer....they definitely do something to Kong, in the movie itself, to make him bigger.  

In the scenes with the little girl and when they’re transporting him in chains, he looks like he’s still the 100ft Kong from Kong Skull Island. In those scenes he fits neatly on a small part of the deck of a cargo ship.  

Later in the trailer...although they try to make you think it’s occurring during the same boat trip, Kong is standing on the deck of an aircraft carrier, clearly bigger then the entire ship....let alone the fight in the city where he’s taller than skyscrapers. 

Somehow, they capture him, transport him in chains, likely use the little girl to “tame” him, then do something to triple his size cause Godzilla is 300+ feet tall.  

• Upvote 3

I started watching one of those “everything you missed in the trailer “ videos and I stopped 

adam wingard posted that it seems like they showed a lot but they didn’t, it’s a massive rumble 

gonna watch all the new movies and the original this week 

japan godzilla GIF

• Upvote 1