If you like freak athlete TEs

HawkeyeJet

32 minutes ago, PepPep said:

But can he block? 

I know this is tongue in cheek(I think at least), but if you don't block st least a bit, even at WR, let alone TE, you don't play much at Iowa.

Hes not a great blocker, but adequate.

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Get familiar with Noah Fant of Iowa. Will be a true Junior next fall.  6'5" 232.  Just broke the all time records for vert and pro ability for TEs in Iowas S&C program.

Vert was 42.1".  Pro Agility was 3.95.

I'm looking at you @Paradis

Heyo! 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I bet Crazy Carls Notre Dame beast tight end and Liths Georgia beast tight end are just as good as Iowas beast tight end.

What about Rutgers?  TE U, baby.  James Jenkins, Marco Battaglia, LJ Smith, and Tyler Kroft.   Clark Harris has been in the league for 45 years, but he doesn't have a catch (longsnapper).  Wasn't @pointman a TE there?

6 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Get familiar with Noah Fant of Iowa. Will be a true Junior next fall.  6'5" 232.  Just broke the all time records for vert and pro ability for TEs in Iowas S&C program.

When you guys throttled OSU, homey looked like a freak on the field.   Had no clue it was like that.

On 4/13/2018 at 8:21 AM, HawkeyeJet said:

He was the #1 recruit in the state of Nebraska and the Huskers lost him because they wanted him to only play defensive end I believe.  

On 4/13/2018 at 8:21 AM, HawkeyeJet said:

sounds like he might be more of a big WR like calvin than a true TE at that weight 

4B3E4411-CFFF-42A0-A1FB-985EF40D96C6.jpeg

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

sounds like he might be more of a big WR like calvin than a true TE at that weight 

4B3E4411-CFFF-42A0-A1FB-985EF40D96C6.jpeg

That's how they used him against Ohio State and he smoked them.

He will continue to add some weight. He's put on just under 30 lean lbs in just about 18 months since arriving in Iowa City.

21 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That's how they used him against Ohio State and he smoked them.

He will continue to add some weight. He's put on just under 30 lean lbs in just about 18 months since arriving in Iowa City.

nice will be intriguing to follow his development. speaking of big WR- you familiar with allen lazard? seems like he could be a brandon marshall type and a nice day 3 option

9E72138E-C02E-410B-BF7D-782CBE5A63D6.png

17 hours ago, cant wait said:

nice will be intriguing to follow his development. speaking of big WR- you familiar with allen lazard? seems like he could be a brandon marshall type and a nice day 3 option

9E72138E-C02E-410B-BF7D-782CBE5A63D6.png

Very familiar.  He's a very good player.  Probably the best player I that program in nearly 2 decades.  I was surprised he ran a 4.55.  He doesn't play that fast.  I don't think he's like Marshall.  Marshall was super physical and made people pay for jamming him.  I think the opposite is true for Lazard.  He reminds me a lot of Decker actually. A bit taller, but not explosive, but very polished and catches everything.  Would not be a bad quick in 4-5 rd.  I think 3 is a but high.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived