Anderson is really that man lol...I expect big things this upcoming season.

Patriot Killa

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has great hands, tracks the ball very well, high points 50/50 balls regardless of his slim frame, runs a full route tree(and only gets better at it), one of the fastest players in the NFL and his double move is just absolutely NASTY. He gets off jams well also.

If he can stay out of trouble..Anderson is going to continue to see success. Kid is a star.

That's like saying if Old Frank who lives on the corner didn't diddle the kids at the park on sundays, he'd be a good neighbor. He keeps his lawn well attended to, supports local charity - and always helps with shoveling after a big snow.

Still touches kids tho. 

Just now, Paradis said:

That's like saying if Old Frank who lives on the corner didn't diddle the kids at the park on sundays, he'd be a good neighbor. He keeps his lawn well attended to, supports local charity - and always helps with shoveling after a big snow.

Still touches kids tho. 

Not really though.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s a star. Watch and learn.

I watch WRs when i'm masturbating. 

Dude hasn't even been paid yet, and he's flirting with disaster... Mike MacCagnan is not extending Robbie Anderson and writing million dollar cheques his way. Not happening. He's on borrowed time till next summer. 

"I'm going to nut in your wife's eye, Officer"

-Robbie Anderson, 2018

Just now, Paradis said:

I watch WRs when i'm masturbating. I don't to watch sh*t with that guy. 

Dude hasn't even been paid yet, and he's flirting with disaster... Mike MacCagnan is not extending Robbie Anderson and writing million dollar cheques his way. Not happening. He's on borrowed time till next summer. 

-Robbie Anderson, 2018

Ehh, stop being over dramatic.

And btw, they aren’t letting him go to FA if he performs well this season. You can expect a contract with an escape hatch and less money guaranteed. Maybe even some incentives involved. You are nuts if you think he’s just going to be allowed to walk lmao.

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Still touches kids tho. 

Was Franks case dropped? If so, then keep shoveling! 

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And btw, they aren’t letting him go to FA if he performs well this season. You can expect a contract with an escape hatch and less money guaranteed. Maybe even some incentives involved. You are nuts if you think he’s just going to be allowed to walk lmao.

He's not getting a contract from the Jets anytime soon. This is only his third year, so he'll be a RFA after this season. If he has a good year, they will throw a first round tender his way. Given his track record, I'm sure they'd be fine if other teams were willing to negotiate with him, and if he were to sign a deal, they can figure it out from there.

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

He's not getting a contract from the Jets anytime soon. This is only his third year, so he'll be a RFA after this season. If he has a good year, they will throw a first round tender his way. Given his track record, I'm sure they'd be fine if other teams were willing to negotiate with him, and if he were to sign a deal, they can figure it out from there.

Very well may be the case..point being though..he will get a contract from us when the time comes..whether that be after this year or after playing on the 1st round tender.(because l don’t believe a team will give up a 1st round pick for him.)

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

-Robbie Anderson, 2018

I don't know how many NFL contracts are structured like this (but more should), but basically he should be paid for every week that he is not in trouble.  Probably add an injury incentive as well, but he should be paid based on his production so long as he is not in jail or suspended.   

If everyone is smart, most of his money would go into a trust for him.  I worry what would happen if he got money to spend.  

he should not get any signing bonus, but a guarantee so long as he is not in trouble.  

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Nah, second round tender... nobody will bite on a first rounder for him after his shenanigans. 

That would be so interesting by the way, if the Jets could have the choice of a second rounder or matching an extended contract for him. 

44 minutes ago, Paradis said:

-Robbie Anderson, 2018

What other team is going to pay Robbie ? What other team needs him more than the jets ? What team hates drafting or signing offensive talent ? Lol. Robbie isn’t going anywhere. Should get him on the cheap. I don’t think he will repeat last yrs stats. Bowles wants more running and conservative short passing. Kearse is licking his chops at those words, Robbie not so much- Ha

17 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Nah, second round tender... nobody will bite on a first rounder for him after his shenanigans. 

That would be so interesting by the way, if the Jets could have the choice of a second rounder or matching an extended contract for him. 

You are right. No way in hell jets use 1st round tender on him 

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

God, thats sad.

If that's what we consider a "star" these days.....

Yeah, yeah , yeah. Cry some more. He’s an idiot. We get it. He can ball though. Either he’ll be a star or he’ll fall victim to his own bad decisions. He’s got star ability point blank though.

robbie anderson is one of those guys that when you hear them talk you think "how does this guy get out of bed in the morning, and walk and talk at the same time"....and then u see them run...and you are like dang....boy sho can run...

forrest-gump_grande.jpg

still...its unfortunate that you cant fix dumb.

I think it is possible that some people have missed it, so I will recap things here. We had two threads yesterday that turned completely disgusting with racist posts. I have asked the mods to take a zero tolerance policy and immediately ban anyone that posts anything racist. People often say they are joking, intolerance isn't funny.

So I am just posting this as a reminder to those that saw what happened yesterday and as notice to those that didn't.

Discussing Robby Anderson the football player, bring it on. Keep it to the context of on the field stuff. A lot of people seem to think this is the place to discuss politics and the criminal justice system. That isn't the case, so please don't do that here.

UDFA who catches 70+ balls just under a 1K yards, and 7 TD’s from Josh McCown in his 2nd season!  On the field if he can stay there, and get a chance to catch balls from a real QB like Sam Darnold, sky is the limit for this duo.  Sammy to Robbie has the makings of Peyton to Reggie (Robbie reminds me a lot of Reggie Wayne, not as talented, but if he keeps getting better he can be close).

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

I forgot what that means.

200.gif

Q. How do the free agency rules apply to restricted free agents?

If a player with three accrued seasons has received a qualifying offer — a salary tender predetermined by the CBA — from his old club, he can negotiate with any club through April 20. If the restricted free agent signs an offer sheet with a new club, his old club can match the offer and keep him because they have a right of first refusal on any offer sheet the player signs. If the old club does not match the offer, it may receive draft choice compensation depending on the amount of its qualifying offer. If an offer sheet is not executed on or before April 20, the player’s negotiating rights revert exclusively to his old club. Before the start of free agency, a player who would be a restricted free agent may be designated by his old club as its franchise player or transition player.    :)

16 minutes ago, flgreen said:

He'll be tendered after this year

I mean this all depends on his 2018 season, and also what tender the Jets slap on him be it 1st, 2nd, or less.

IF he takes that next step, and goes from 70 to say 90 catches, and from 900 to like 1200 yards, and gets to double digit TD’s (which he should have already reached with a better QB making the necessary throws leading Robbie for 6), 1st round tender is a given, and Jets would probably be better off trying to lock him up right now at about .50 on the dollar using his off field stuff as leverage, with all that cap space it’s a good risk reward gamble IMO.

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:
Q. How do the free agency rules apply to restricted free agents?

If a player with three accrued seasons has received a qualifying offer — a salary tender predetermined by the CBA — from his old club, he can negotiate with any club through April 20. If the restricted free agent signs an offer sheet with a new club, his old club can match the offer and keep him because they have a right of first refusal on any offer sheet the player signs. If the old club does not match the offer, it may receive draft choice compensation depending on the amount of its qualifying offer. If an offer sheet is not executed on or before April 20, the player’s negotiating rights revert exclusively to his old club. Before the start of free agency, a player who would be a restricted free agent may be designated by his old club as its franchise player or transition player.    :)

Thanks, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure. I mean, I was asking for a friend..

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I mean this all depends on his 2018 season, and also what tender the Jets slap on him be it 1st, 2nd, or less.

IF he takes that next step, and goes from 70 to say 90 catches, and from 900 to like 1200 yards, and gets to double digit TD’s (which he should have already reached with a better QB making the necessary throws leading Robbie for 6), 1st round tender is a given, and Jets would probably be better off trying to lock him up right now at about .50 on the dollar using his off field stuff as leverage, with all that cap space it’s a good risk reward gamble IMO.

I agree with you, but IMO the Jets would like to see if he's going to straighten out before they dump big money on him.

Wilkerson stung

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Still touches kids tho. 

LOL. Dude there is something wrong with you......

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He has great hands, tracks the ball very well, high points 50/50 balls regardless of his slim frame, runs a full route tree(and only gets better at it), one of the fastest players in the NFL and his double move is just absolutely NASTY. He gets off jams well also.

If he can stay out of trouble..Anderson is going to continue to see success. Kid is a star.

That is the key point right there. For all his talent Anderson has something eating at him and it needs to be addressed. I hope for his sake that whatever it is he can get a handle on it and not just because he can catch a football.

Archived