NFL Transactions

C Mart

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I hear ya but I just want Bowles to rot at all costs. We need change and then to build. Next offseason would be better if we are desperate. I won’t be upset at all if we sign him but would rather not. 

I understand this point of view because I've been wanting us too fire everyone for two years now. I still wouldn't be against Irvin coming in with a hopefully a new GM and Coaching staff evaluating him for the future. We have absolutely nothing when it comes to players rushing the passer.....nothing.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Larz said:

You know it's funny.

After the mack trade, Cooper trade and bell situation I was thinking that I always seem to find a reason not to bring these guys in.

Too old expensive, whatever

You're right

The Jets need to start getting talent at key positions

Now!

Theres always a reason why Macc doesn't sign the superstar players available and its always the Jets just miss out. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Theres always a reason why Macc doesn't sign the superstar players available and its always the Jets just miss out. 

Didn't want to bring this up but...........2012 draft, Seattle trades down with Eagles from 12-15, and takes Bruce Irvin. We are sitting at 16. Story was that Irvin was our secret pick, Rex envisioned him as the new Terrell Suggs for his D. We take Coples, with Chandler Jones still on the board. And the rest, they say, is history.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Any word on Irvin? 

He won't be released until this week and then have to go through waivers..

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Would expect Bruce Irvin ends up in New England, always in the market for for pass rush. Or Atlanta under his former DC Dan Quinn. Or back in Seattle, where he was a 1st round pick. Likely clears waivers due to contract. Wants to play for a winner.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Misleading post, he was actually cut from the practice squad.

How is it misleading when he just copy and pasted the blurb about it? I mean you can clearly see that he didn’t type that right? 

He’s just doing his part keeping people updated with transactions around the league. Maybe a thanks would be more appropriate. 

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

How is it misleading when he just copy and pasted the blurb about it? I mean you can clearly see that he didn’t type that right? 

He’s just doing his part keeping people updated with transactions around the league. Maybe a thanks would be more appropriate. 

I'm not busting on JW. Just pointing out that it should have said practice squad. I guess I could have worded it better.

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

I'm not busting on JW. Just pointing out that it should have said practice squad. I guess I could have worded it better.

Well technically Twitter or wherever should have worded it better like profootballtalk. Sorry. I’m just really bitter today. It’s my fault man. 

Free-agent receiver Dez Bryant is reportedly one of three receivers set to work out for the New Orleans Saints Tuesday, according to Jane Slater of NFL Network.

Brandon Marshall is another one of the receivers in the workout, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. He caught 11 passes over six games for the Seattle Seahawks this season before being released.

Haven’t we been there before though? The jets were seemingly involved in all of the major marquee FA tours for a long time. It started with the very first FA off-season ever with Leonard Marshall, Ronnie Lott and boomer esiason etc.
We nabbed O’Donnell after the super bowl and it goes on and on and on. Even the ones we didn’t get, we were still apart of the whole thing. We are linked to just about everyone who hits the market. How well has it worked for us?

The teams that go for and land the big name FA’s rarely do anything of note. Teams like the Steelers, pats and ravens are rarely involved with the barn buster FA signing and they do very well. In fact they routinely allow their big names to get bought up by the lower rung teams and still do fine.

When will we learn? lol.

For what it’s worth I’m very happy we didn’t sell the farm
For Mack.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

Haven’t we been there before though? The jets were seemingly involved in all of the major marquee FA tours for a long time. It started with the very first FA off-season ever with Leonard Marshall, Ronnie Lott and boomer esiason etc.
We nabbed O’Donnell after the super bowl and it goes on and on and on. Even the ones we didn’t get, we were still apart of the whole thing. We are linked to just about everyone who hits the market. How well has it worked for us?

The teams that go for and land the big name FA’s rarely do anything of note. Teams like the Steelers, pats and ravens are rarely involved with the barn buster FA signing and they do very well. In fact they routinely allow their big names to get bought up by the lower rung teams and still do fine.

When will we learn? lol.

For what it’s worth I’m very happy we didn’t sell the farm
For Mack.

Agree to disagree let see who we pick with the draft picks that would have been given up for Mack before we can judge the non trade. 

Over the years I've seen way too many draft day busts for the NY Jets. 

Maybe when we finally learn how to draft some of us fans wouldn't be so quick to trade picks away for proven NFL superstars like Khalil Mack.

Agree to disagree let see who we pick with the draft picks that would have been given up for Mack before we can judge the non trade. 
Maybe when we finally learn how to draft some of us fans wouldn't be so quick to trade picks away for proven NFL superstars like Khalil Mack.

Lack of success with Past picks are no reason to waste future picks. Mack is a great player but he’s on D in an offensive league. We need to bring in offense. It’s really that simple. Big time blue chip offensive talent. . We don’t have a second next year. Taking away the next two years first rd picks wound hamstring this team for years and ruin darnolds future.

The thing to remember here is that at one point Mack was drafted. None of these teams ever take a guy with the knowledge that he will be a game changer. They hope and even expect these kids to be good but the raiders didn't draft Mack knowing he would be one of the best in the league just like the Texans didn't take watt with that knowledge. Do you think Rodgers slides down the first round with hindsight or Brady? Mack is a fantastic talent there is no denying that but the cost for him was simply too high

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived