NFL Transactions

C Mart

19 hours ago, Lith said:

Kaare Vedvik, K-P with the Ravens.  Was expected to generate a lot of interest if released today.  Hope he is okay.

Boy, when the Ravens cut someone, they really take it seriously. 

Okay, bad joke, I do hope he's okay.  But still...

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Bills are going into the season with Nate Peterman and Josh Allen.  Peterman with 49 career attempts, and horrendous stats to go with it.  Allen is....Allen.  Does this open them up to a criminal negligence lawsuit from season ticket holders?

21 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So the Bills are going into the season with Nate Peterman and Josh Allen.  Peterman with 49 career attempts, and horrendous stats to go with it.  Allen is....Allen.  Does this open them up to a criminal negligence lawsuit from season ticket holders?

I don't know, but it probably does open them up to the Number 1 pick in the draft.

23 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I have Peterman as my only backup QB in a meaningful dollar amount fantasy league (12 teams, must start 2QBs, so there aren't enough starting QBs for every team in the league to have a starter as their bye week backup, and it's an auction league so QB scarcity drives values way up), so let's think good thoughts for him, k?

Davis Webb played poorly in his first exhibition game but played well in the second game. It was a reprieve for him. He was truthful later saying he hadn't played in a year. So a big surprise but maybe not so big because they have a new GM. Rumor is they also want to get rid of Lauletta who before the draft many pundits thought New England was interested in. The question is who is going to be Eli's backup with the Gis. There are some experienced Qbs available. You'd think they would want to keep one of their two young Qbs but have a vet too. Because Eli at his age could easily go down. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NE will sign Paxton Lynch. 

Dallas.  Jerry was rumored to be looking to trade up for him (with us).  Took Dak instead and don't have much behind him unless you are a Cooper Rush fan.  I can see Dallas signing him.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Dallas.  Jerry was rumored to be looking to trade up for him (with us).  Took Dak instead and don't have much behind him unless you are a Cooper Rush fan.  I can see Dallas signing him.

Giants might claim him?  

Can sit behind Eli. Shurmur known to be good QB teacher.  

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Giants might claim him?  

Giants already have 3 QBs on their roster -- probably a long shot.  Lauletta is their developmental guy and Tanney is their back-up.  If they were to add a QB I would expect it to be an experienced back up to replace Tanney.  For their sake, Eli had better stay healthy,

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Good overview of who got claimed and from what teams. A lot of the players on the wishlist of people on this board are still available as free agents by the look of it:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/02/bills-saints-had-nfl-high-four-of-their-cuts-claimed-on-waivers/

Raiders took two of my OT likes. Jylan Ware out there for PS. 

Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo)

9/2/18, 2:34 PM

QB Christian Hackenberg is signing with the #Bengals practice squad, source says. He goes way back with Bill Lazor and has some experience with Jim Haslett, who was a consultant at Penn State in 2015.

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo)

9/2/18, 2:34 PM

QB Christian Hackenberg is signing with the #Bengals practice squad, source says. He goes way back with Bill Lazor and has some experience with Jim Haslett, who was a consultant at Penn State in 2015.

Like a lefty reliever with a 4.65 ERA who has a 15 year career in the majors.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 2h2 hours ago

More

The #Bears are releasing former starting C Hroniss Grasu, source said, a bit of a surprise. The former third rounder should find work quickly

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 2h2 hours ago

More

The #Bears are releasing former starting C Hroniss Grasu, source said, a bit of a surprise. The former third rounder should find work quickly

Can he slide to Guard? Do Bears run zone scheme?

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Can he slide to Guard? Do Bears run zone scheme?

Via fansided.com

It’s always a bummer seeing injuries ruin what appears to be a promising NFL career. Although you could also blame some ineffective play on Hroniss Grasu’s fall from grace, it’s hard to ignore the fact that the former third-round pick simply hasn’t been able to stay healthy.

Since the Chicago Bears drafted him in 2015, Grasu has struggled to stay on the field. After starting eight games as a rookie, the Oregon product missed his entire sophomore season due to a devastating ACL tear. Then, after his return in 2017, he saw the field for only six games while battling through a hand injury.

Even when he has been on the field, Grasu has been a near-nightmare. As a result, the Bears have drafted two players who have essentially made him expendable. Cody Whitehair is now locked in as the starting center, while rookie James Daniels figures to start at guard and serve as the backup center. There’s just no need for an injury-prone Grasu to stay aboard.

Archived