Rough Article About SEA / Wilson

KRL

16 hours ago, David Harris said:

Yeah totally brutal

i can see it from all sides - seattle was a really unique egalitarian culture where the players really were and extension of the coaches philosophy- Carroll/Wilson dynamic rocked that boat hard

agreed !.. it's not going to end well  ?

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Russell Wilson is tremendous.  He’s going to have a bad year because of Schottenheimer and the putrid OL but since 2012 he’s been excellent 

Agree. Hes probably the most exciting qb too, with his running ability and hes great throwing bombs. I hate seattle because of sherman, but to blame wilson? Don't think schotty can ruin him, though 

Gee, a story about how a franchise unhealthily favors their QB. 

Hey Jets fans we could write that story, every year. 

For example, how they gave the job to Geno Smith, drafted Jace Amaro over Jimmy Garoppolo because of weaponz. 

even this year the Jets traded Teddy Bridgewater to give Sam Darnold this job week 1 and avoid a locker room revolt, because it was their plan the whole time. they were never going to keep Teddy and play the best player. They were always going to give the job to the rookie. Sam Darnold was deemed ready and they gave him the job. 

the QBs don't get hazed, they don't get challenged, and they don't get held to the same standards. They don't win their job, they are given the job from on high, and it's like this all over the league. 

if we are all being dead nuts honest, 1 game for all the marbles, you play Josh McCown week 1 over the rookie. McCown's forgotten more about running an NFL offense than Darnold currently knows. but teams don't do what is best for winning they do what is best for marketing. the seahawks are no different, no one is buying Tony McDaniel jerseys. 

The key that the article misses in many respects is the lack of leadership by Wilson, for me.  You don't have to fight anybody but you have to be willing to say 'I am here to win football games and I don't have to be your bosom buddy to do it".   That would have squelched it right there because in today's NFL the QB is the most important person on the chess board and all the players know it.

Russell Wilson has always reminded me of a teacher's pet and a fake teammate. The type who runs to his head coach in order to talk bad about his teammates behind their back.

And it's no wonder why his Seattle's defensive teammates rarely embraced him as a QB; they couldn't trust him and without trust there is nothing. 

56 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Russell Wilson has always reminded me of a teacher's pet and a fake teammate. The type who runs to his head coach in order to talk bad about his teammates behind their back.

And it's no wonder why his Seattle's defensive teammates rarely embraced him as a QB; they couldn't trust him and without trust there is nothing. 

Ugh. This again.

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The key that the article misses in many respects is the lack of leadership by Wilson, for me.  You don't have to fight anybody but you have to be willing to say 'I am here to win football games and I don't have to be your bosom buddy to do it".   That would have squelched it right there because in today's NFL the QB is the most important person on the chess board and all the players know it.

Darrell Bevel calls a goal line dive to Lynch and none if this is a thing. 

That was an unlikeable team with a bunch of me first douchebags (Sherman). I hate the Pats more than anyone, but the gif of Sherman reacting to the pick is hillarious. LOL. He wants to sh*ttalk his own QB so he can pound his chest and show up a teammate at PRACTICE? 

Seriously?

Archived