Ok I rewatched the game... Sam was fine

nico002

37 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Once (I mean if in the future...) he gets some offensive line protection I think he's going to be really good. He has 0 time to set his feet and go through receiver options right now. He has enough time to look at his 1st and maybe 2nd options before he has to run for his life. He needs like another 2-3 seconds back there. 

He's going to be  VERY  good. 

FIXED ^ ^ 

?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nico002 said:

How about you provide some thought on what you didn’t like then?

Oh,  that’s crystal clear, he thinks Tyrod Taylor and Jameis Winston are great QBs, and Teddy was great, but Sam sucks. Can you figure out what he doesn’t like about Sam?

44 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets got out to a 2 td lead and ran out of gas. They played 2 games in a row on short rest and this was tnf away. The Falcons and Ravens also lost tnf away.

The players including the qb would have played better if this game was on normal rest.

This game was a schedule loss and if woody gave af about this team, he wouldn't let the league take advantage.

They would have never make the pats or the Cowboys play this many games in row. People could get hurt.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

This was a coaching loss? Not a schedule loss. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

He struggles completing passes from the pocket further than 1 yard. 

Here’s the thing, while I agree, I’d like to see one of those videos with all of his throws to watch again. To me, it looked like a really bad combination of WRs not getting off the line combined with immense pressure on the majority of those plays. I watched real time, so maybe I’m wrong. I’m sure there were more throws he could have made, but when the above scenario is happening on most plays, it throws off all rhythm. Combine that with the fact that the majority of the game we were in terrible FP and were predictable as ****. A lot of the plays you reference were in obvious passing situations.

maybe I’m wrong, bu that is how I saw the game. Darnold was not good, but he was the least of our offensive problems. It’s just easier to pin all the blame on the QB

Sam was uncomfortable and confused. 

He will benefit from that experience in the long run 

It's ok for him to struggle as long as he learns from it 

He really needs someone to work the middle for him maybe things look better with Kearse and sterling back 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Sam was uncomfortable and confused. 

He will benefit from that experience in the long run 

It's ok for him to struggle as long as he learns from it 

He really needs someone to work the middle for him maybe things look better with Kearse and sterling back 

Brady struggled when he Faces pressure like that, manning did, when WR can’t release and constant pressure is coming, who can? Maybe Rodgers, but that’s it. Expecting a rookie QB to succeed in the sh*t they put him in is insane. I’ll say it again, look at the entire play list on ESPN from the game. They put him on awful passing situations all night, with a shaky line and WRs getting jammed at the line. Then Jet fans say he sucks because he didn’t overcome. Can’t make this sh*t up 

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Brady struggled when he Faces pressure like that, manning did, when WR can’t release and constant pressure is coming, who can? Maybe Rodgers, but that’s it. Expecting a rookie QB to succeed in the sh*t they put him in is insane. I’ll say it again, look at the entire play list on ESPN from the game. They put him on awful passing situations all night, with a shaky line and WRs getting jammed at the line. Then Jet fans say he sucks because he didn’t overcome. Can’t make this sh*t up 

Sam was bad 

It's ok to admit it and accept it 

Let's see what he does with the extra time and rest 

21 minutes ago, Larz said:

Sam was bad 

I have no problem admitting him playing bad, but I’m not giving the idiot coaching staff, the poor oline, and the bad WRs a pass in the process, that’s for lazy people, I’m not lazy

19 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

This is classic agenda posting, I say before draft I don’t like Darnold as a prospect, so first chances I get I will tell everyone I was right and how smart I am

Why didn't you like him before the draft ? For me it was the turnovers and how raw he was as a passer.

Also I don't trust gingers and USC QB's, as a rule 

21 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I have no problem admitting him playing bad, but I’m not giving the idiot coaching staff, the poor oline, and the bad WRs a pass in the process, that’s for lazy people, I’m not lazy

Go get yourself a cookie 

IWatched again with all 22...

Playing “bad” would imply that he made stupid decisions or missed plays that were there to be had...

there Literally was NOTHING that he just missed...

the near int by the linebacker early in the game was actually a good decision- Tomlinson was open when you see it from end zone view- Sam threw it behind Tomlinson which allowed the lb to make a play- poor throw by Sam 

other than that... I couldn’t find a single throw that he missed that wouldn’t have been just a luck to complete. 

There wasn’t a single clearly open reciever that he just didn’t see. To complete anything down field he would of had to try and thread the needle over multiple Lbs and safety’s- high high risk plays 

the only thing I saw was on 3rd down on the 2 min drive (before the 4th down completion) he had quincy wide open down the middle as he was scrambling.... he didn’t look at that part of the field and just threw it away. That could have been a TD but it would have required a 35 yard pass on the run throwing across the field. Darnold actually has that throw in his bag but no other qb other than maybe Rodgers or Wilson has the ability to make that throw

the arm strength complaint is ridiculous. He showed plenty of zip throwing a couple of 15-20 yard out routes on tight lines 

agian, there was NOTHING down field to even attempt 

browns played zone/dropped a lot of guys all game. It was why the running and screen games worked all day 

48 minutes ago, CTM said:

Why didn't you like him before the draft ? For me it was the turnovers and how raw he was as a passer.

Also I don't trust gingers and USC QB's, as a rule 

What’s the difference? You’re mind is made up and you will defend your pre draft stance no matter what

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Goff and the sun too, seems ok

True story, I had Darnold and Mayfield neck and neck (way behind Rosen) and then I read that report and started wanting Baker more ?

still happy they got Darnold and think he has all the necessary tools providing the Jets don’t ruin him

11 minutes ago, HessStation said:

True story, I had Darnold and Mayfield neck and neck (way behind Rosen) and then I read that report and started wanting Baker more ?

still happy they got Darnold and think he has all the necessary tools providing the Jets don’t ruin him

Ahhh hell, what could go wrong? 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Sam was bad 

Not about Sam needing time and rest.  He needs time to prepare.

The OL needs time to rest.

They are older, huge men... half the line missed a lot of camp to get fit... and had no time for their sore muscles to recover.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Not about Sam needing time and rest.  He needs time to prepare  

The OL needs time to rest.

They are older, huge men... half the line missed a lot of camp to get fit... and had no time for their sore muscles to recover.

I'm old and huge, what's your point? 

58 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

What’s the difference? You’re mind is made up and you will defend your pre draft stance no matter what

Nuh uh.. 

He stunk on Thursday and much of the bad stuff that was on his college tape showed up. 

It is you that have the homer cap on my friend

Just now, CTM said:

Nuh uh.. 

He stunk on Thursday and much of the bad stuff that was on his college tape showed up. 

It is you that have the homer cap on my friend

Like what? Did you watch the tape? Can you provide specific examples of the opportunities he left on the field ?

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Like what? Did you watch the tape? Can you provide specific examples of the opportunities he left on the field ?

For starters , I seem to remember us with the ball, timeouts and a chance to win at the end until Sam tried a little hero ball with disastrous results. 

Other stuff too of course 

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

For starters , I seem to remember us with the ball, timeouts and a chance to win at the end until Sam tried a little hero ball with disastrous results. 

Other stuff too of course 

What other stuff? No one is disagreeing that he made a bone head throw there...

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

Are you going to the colts game? 

No... the Jacksonville game next week.

A glutton for torture, I guess...  The last time I was there?

October 8th, 2006

Jaguars 41 - Jets 0

Like I've been saying.  I am just hoping for Darnold to make it to week 5.  If the game happens to be competitive... a mega-bonus.  Looks like it might just be very hot and not sweltering.   Maybe the OL will only fatigue in the 4th quarter and not downright melt.

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

No... the Jacksonville game next week.

A glutton for torture, I guess...  The last time I was there?

October 8th, 2006

Jaguars 41 - Jets 0

Like I've been saying.  I am just hoping for Darnold to make it to week 5.  If the game happens to be competitive... a mega-bonus.  Looks like it might just be very hot and not sweltering.   Maybe the OL will only fatigue in the 4th quarter and not downright melt.

I'm just messing with you ?

I Agee the short week is much tougher on everyone but the QB 

The backs and linebackers really suffer and the D ran out of gas 

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

I'm just messing with you ?

I Agee the short week is much tougher on everyone but the QB 

The backs and linebackers really suffer and the D ran out of gas 

I just looked closer at the schedule.  This fn' blows.

Jags.  Von Miller.  Vikes. Dolphins again.  Khalil Mack.  Watt and Clowney.

Almost every week Darnold is facing a top tier pass rush.   The Mo Wilkerson return will be curious...

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sam did not have a good game.

But most of the rest of our team had a worse game.

Make of that what you will, but no one had a good game.

Not to be a pedantic arse but I disagree ....

Mo Claiborne had a good game

Quincy Enunwa had a good game

Avery Williamson had a good game

Darron Lee and Jamal Adams had good games

sometimes individuals do all they can but get let down elsewhere.

Archived