Numb to the loss but not entirely and here is why.

Patriot Killa

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Didn’t say it’s obvious. I said he’s probably not the guy. Just like Josh Allen probably isn’t the guy.

but we’re picking top 3. Scout the QB’s

If you were a Rams fan, you’d have been the guy saying the same thing about Goff a few years ago. Not saying Darnold will definitely be Goff, but making those kinds of judgements so early, about a 21 year old QB no less, is childish. 

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wow — you didn’t even attempt to dodge the all sense his post made.? 

you instead just asked a random question.

Slick.

Taking a QB in the top 5 next year being the dumbest thing a team has ever done has me pretty concerned someone he knows gets paid by the Jets to be honest.

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

If you were a Rams fan, you’d have been the guy saying the same thing about Goff a few years ago. Not saying Darnold will definitely be Goff, but making those kinds of judgements so early, about a 21 year old QB no less, is childish. 

I’m saying take a QB in the top 3 to compete. It’s the only position that matters. Jeeze.

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Taking a QB in the top 5 next year being the dumbest thing a team has ever done has me pretty concerned someone he knows gets paid by the Jets to be honest.

Taking a QB, in the top 5 no less, in back to back years, has never happened in he history of the league, but you'll come at me and someone else over it.

Nice.

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You are talking to the 2017 JN mock draft champion. 

Since you missed the edit:

Taking a QB, in the top 5 no less, in back to back years, has never happened in he history of the league, but you'll come at me and someone else over it.

Nice.

The league doesn't work the way you want it to.  There isn't a person employeed on any of the 32 teams that would do what you are suggesting.  So again, go ahead, double down.  The people who are employees and not doing what you want them to do aren't the ones who are "silly".

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’m saying take a QB in the top 3 to compete. It’s the only position that matters. Jeeze.

No rookie QB is going to succeed in these conditions.

Give up on Sam once we see him with actual talent. You're jumping the gun wayyyyyyy to soon. You have to have some sort of patience when he's the youngest day 1 starter ever. Especially when his stats aren't even bad and are comparable to rookie efforts of Manning and Luck, but with much less talent.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Since you missed the edit:

The league doesn't work the way you want it to.  There isn't a person employeed on any of the 32 teams that would do what you are suggesting.  So again, go ahead, double down.  The people who are employees and not doing what you want them to do aren't the ones who look foolish.

I am simply giving my opinion on the internet. And for the record and in all due respect everyone who is employed by the Jets probably could be replaced by data mining geeks. It’s been 50 years. The owner isn’t even here. 

Just now, Grandy said:

He’s definitely been dealt an absolute crap hand. 100% no doubt. But some of these throws are bad. Like really bad. And between Sanchez and Geno we have a looooot of precedent over the last 10 years to know what some of this stuff leads to. 

But yeah, I don’t think it’s any coincidence that he’s basically just trying to get Enunwa the ball all the time. Everyone else is hot trash.

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Give up on Sam once we see him with actual talent. You're jumping the gun wayyyyyyy to soon. You have to have some sort of patience when he's the youngest day 1 starter ever. Especially when his stats aren't even bad and are comparable to rookie efforts of Manning and Luck, but with much less talent.

I’m not jumping the anything. If the Jets are picking first or second next year they’d be crazy to at least not consider QB.

I'm with ya. I don't care about the losing. Hell it'll get us a top OT or whatever top offensive talent. It'll get this coaching staff fired too. BUT watching them completely ruin Darnold is just not cool. They need to take a hard look at themselves and turn this sht around quickly. You've done the same thing over and over and it hasn't worked. Time to switch it up. 

33 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So when the Rams traded up for Goff in 2016 and he played the way he did, were you saying that they should have never traded up for him before his following season (2017)?

If so, you basically proved how ridiculous the whole premise of "draft a first round QB every single year" is.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I am simply giving my opinion on the internet. And for the record and in all due respect everyone who is employed by the Jets probably could be replaced by data mining geeks. It’s been 50 years. The owner isn’t even here. 

You don't know what the individuals do.  You have no idea what successful things they have accomplished.  You're using information and data that is completely irrelevant to the individual and their job to make a joke and insult them for not going along with your line of ridiculous thinking.

If we're playing that game, I can paint a much clearer picture of your levels of success if I'm going to judge you based off of your "opinions on the internet" since that's all I have to go by.  Would you enjoy that little performance review since you clearly wanna come at people?  "All due respect" of course.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

So when the Rams traded up for Goff in 2016 and he played the way he did, were you saying that they should have never traded up for him before his following season (2017)?

If so, you basically proved how ridiculous the whole premise of "draft a first round QB every year" is.

Goff playing as bad as he did year one then becoming awesome never happens. I’ve also said this could be a Jeff Fisher situation so the new regime should get carte blanche in the draft next season. Bowles and Maccagnan have to go. At least settle in that.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

You don't know what the individuals do.  You have no idea what successful things they have accomplished.  You're using information and data that is completely irrelevant to the individual and their job.

If we're playing that game, I can paint a much clearer picture of your levels of success if I'm going to judge you based off of your "opinions on the internet".  Would you enjoy that little performance review since we're coming at people?  "All due respect" of course.

Lol get lost. Jesus Christ.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The best part of this season is we get to draft another QB in the top 3 with a brand new regime and have the new guy and Sam compete.

Fire Maccagnan and Bowles, take best QB on the board and go from there.

Woody also needs to come back to the United States

Shut up already. You say the same thing every three THEN you deny you said it when someone calls you out

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Goff playing as bad as he did year one then becoming awesome never happens. I’ve also said this could be a Jeff Fisher situation so the new regime should get carte blanche in the draft next season. Bowles and Maccagnan have to go. At least settle in that.

Right.

Trubisky just threw 6TDs today and, as a whole, looks much improved after sucking last year.

Alex Smith was a lost cause until Harbaugh came around. 

Peyton Manning blew chunks his rookie year.

Eli Manning struggled, then the light went on.

Do I really have to keep going with this or do you need more examples?  "No QB has ever improved after a bad first year" might be a worse take than "use every 1st round pick on a QB until one plays amazing out of the gate."

Just now, Mogglez said:

Right.

Trubisky just threw 6TDs today and, as a whole, looks much improved after sucking last year.

Alex Smith was a lost cause until Harbaugh came around. 

Peyton Manning blew chunks his rookie year.

Eli Manning struggled, then the light went on.

Do I really have to keep going with this or do your kindergarten-level critical thinking skills need more examples?  "No QB has ever improved after a bad first year" might be a dumber take than "use every 1st round pick on a QB until one plays amazing out of the gate."

I don’t want to argue with you. I apologize. You are a good poster and forget my opinions. Just a frustrated fan. 

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He’s definitely been dealt an absolute crap hand. 100% no doubt. But some of these throws are bad. Like really bad. And between Sanchez and Geno we have a looooot of precedent over the last 10 years to know what some of this stuff leads to. 

But yeah, I don’t think it’s any coincidence that he’s basically just trying to get Enunwa the ball all the time. Everyone else is hot trash.

The main difference between him, geno, and Sanchez is that they had an o line and still sucked.

Sam has made some real bad throws, but he's also made some extraordinary ones too. The verdict will come when we have a competent team around him and maybe coaching. If he still struggles once he gets the weapons and/or coaching, then we panick.

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Lol get lost. Jesus Christ.

Edit: I saw your apology.  I'm sorry for being heated up as well.  

No one is happy today, nor should we be.  Especially when most of us saw this coming with the talent the GM has given a poor Head Coach.  It's the perfect recipe for a disaster and could have easily been avoided by cleaning house a year early and not a year too late.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Didn’t say it’s obvious. I said he’s probably not the guy. Just like Josh Allen probably isn’t the guy.

but we’re picking top 3. Scout the QB’s

Did you think Goff probably wasn’t the guy? He looked worse. 4 games is rough to judge, particularly with the offense and coaching staff

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

The main difference between him, geno, and Sanchez is that they had an o line and still sucked.

Sam has made some real bad throws, but he's also made some extraordinary ones too. The verdict will come when we have a competent team around him and maybe coaching. If he still struggles once he gets the weapons and/or coaching, then we panick.

WE GOTTA KEEP OUR COMPOSURE

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Im with you. Grab a qb every year until one sticks. So what if its not common? Doesnt mean its wrong. Some would call it thinking outside of the box and leading vs following, like all these sissys that are barking at you

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Edit: I saw your apology.  I'm sorry for being heated up as well.  

No one is happy today, nor should we.  Especially when most of us saw this coming with the talent the GM has given a poor Head Coach.

My guy. I’m out with the wife and she’s furious I’m on my phone. Again i apologize. You are a great poster and appreciate your insight and I hate to disparage what your friend does for the team. It ain’t easy. Just a frustrated fan.

Archived