DMan77

Bob Raissman on Joe Benigno

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  know. If you listen to a lot of sports radio, you realize there is an agenda. Michael  Kay who I think is a pretty good host still says some of the stupidest things so Don McGrecor can argue with him. I am sure Kay doesn't  personally believe half of what he says but he says it because it makes for a good radio show and insites his listeners  to call in and argue. It's  good radio. Similar things can be said for print writers. Sports news is what you want ot to be, it just depends on who you choose to pay attention  to. 

I understand your point, but saying the words "Michael Kay" and "good radio show" in the same sentence nearly made me have an aneurysm. 

8 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Glib. But my point stands. Organizations are reliant on the internal voices of their management. the Johnsons hired these people to do exactly that. No different than any other corporate entity. That includes filtering media chatter through their PR and communications staff. I'm not making any claim for the quality of the staff, merely that those are the voices that matter. Idiots in the press are focused on listeners/readers and each other. Only the truly grandiose ones think they actually have an impact on the organizations they report on. 

Right, but my point is that because the Johnsons seemingly don’t know the league, all of their hires are relatively sh*tty. Those people you listed are nobodies and influence no one.

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Right, but my point is that because the Johnsons seemingly don’t know the league, all of their hires are relatively sh*tty. Those people you listed are nobodies and influence no one.

Quick, off the top of your head, name the executive staff of the New England Patriots... yeah, I thought so. Nobodies. I guess they don't influence anyone either. But Joe Benigno and Manish Mehta do? We have now fully landed in an absurdist twilight zone only possible on a fan message board.

15 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

I understand your point, but saying the words "Michael Kay" and "good radio show" in the same sentence nearly made me have an aneurysm. 

I find Kay entertaining and easy to listen to which is pretty much what I want from a radio host. 

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Quick, off the top of your head, name the executive staff of the New England Patriots... yeah, I thought so. Nobodies. I guess they don't influence anyone either. But Joe Benigno and Manish Mehta do? We have now fully landed in an absurdist twilight zone only possible on a fan message board.

I'm trying to understand the point you are trying to make. What does knowing an obscure fact like who are the Pats executives are have to do with anything discussed on a message board?

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm trying to understand the point you are trying to make. What does knowing an obscure fact like who are the Pats executives are have to do with anything discussed on a message board?

You didn't follow this particular conversation. Shane believes that the Johnsons don't know other owners so they rely on the press. I pointed out that they have a substantial internal executive group that they work with, as any organization. Shane dismissed them as nobodies. Thus my question, why should we know any of these people on any team. That we don't know them doesn't mean they don't play a major role in decision making. 

2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You didn't follow this particular conversation. Shane believes that the Johnsons don't know other owners so they rely on the press. I pointed out that they have a substantial internal executive group that they work with, as any organization. Shane dismissed them as nobodies. Thus my question, why should we know any of these people on any team. That we don't know them doesn't mean they don't play a major role in decision making. 

Didn't they hire Ron Wolf and Casserly to help last time? 

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

And were you talking about coaching staff decisions, because I'm fairly sure nobody but Mac and CJ were involved in that 

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And were you talking about coaching staff decisions, because I'm fairly sure nobody but Mac and CJ were involved in that 

No. the only issue is whether the Johnsons are dependent on the media for their decision-making. This is a continuation of the stupid conspiracy theory that Mehta somehow engineered the hiring of Gase. It was a dumb idea, and it's still a dumb idea.

20 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Yes. Which doesn't negate what I'm saying. The idea that the Johnson rely on the media for their decision making is ridiculous. Organizations hire consultants all the time.

Actually I think it supports what you are saying. Ron Wolf is a respected executive.

20 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

No. the only issue is whether the Johnsons are dependent on the media for their decision-making. This is a continuation of the stupid conspiracy theory that Mehta somehow engineered the hiring of Gase. It was a dumb idea, and it's still a dumb idea.

Ok, I agree with that

22 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Mehta engineered nothing he's just a glorified messenger for the Johnson Bros