RB Depth

British Jet

2 hours ago, British Jet said:
Can't help but think we draft a RB next year. This year will be Edge or OL unless we get extra picks from somewhere.

I'd really like to see what any of these guys do behind an improved o line. They may be adequate reserves if the line and overall blocking is more consistent or even dominant.

Now about that O line....

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

17 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

4.8 yards per carry is adequate for a back up RB. In what world is 4 million a year overpaying for a serviceable RB?

Take away his 219 yard aberration and it’s 3.5 yards a carry. He’s not good. 10 of his 13 games he was held to under 50 yards. I’d rather have Powell back cheaply than Crowell the butt wiper. 

59 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Take away his 219 yard aberration and it’s 3.5 yards a carry. He’s not good. 10 of his 13 games he was held to under 50 yards. I’d rather have Powell back cheaply than Crowell the butt wiper. 

But you CAN'T take that away. How ignorant.

Just now, Thai Jet said:

But you CAN'T take that away. How ignorant.

Sure you can. It was a incongruous outlier. If a running back runs for 100 yards on 20 carries but 97 of that came on one carry would you say that running back was successful? No, you’d say outside of that one run the player was ineffective. 

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Nope. You don't get to take away his record breaking game. It happened.

Yes it did. And if it hadn’t, you would say wow what a below average season that was. It nicks up the numbers. Any mathematician or scientist will tell you that to find the real quality or quantity of something you throw out the highest and lowest measurements. It’s just how it is done. If he had multiple 200 yard games I’d say wow, what a player. Fact is aside from that, he wasn’t an impact player. They can move on from him and easily replace his production. And move on from the antics. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes it did. And if it hadn’t, you would say wow what a below average season that was. It nicks up the numbers. Any mathematician or scientist will tell you that to find the real quality or quantity of something you throw out the highest and lowest measurements. It’s just how it is done. If he had multiple 200 yard games I’d say wow, what a player. Fact is aside from that, he wasn’t an impact player. They can move on from him and easily replace his production. And move on from the antics. 

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If powell is healthy enough to play football again, I would agree with this 100%.  He's a good RB and blocks well ta boot. Shifty, fasty, Blocky,  runs hard and is a good team guy. Never had a single issue with that guy.  I'd love if he was brought back if it's safe enough to do so. 

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I wouldn't have a problem with re-signing Powell as long as he is healthy. This is assuming that Crowell is a goner which he should be. Never liked the signing and don't think he is anything special.

Crowell does save the team money on toilet paper. ?

45 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It happened, so no use pretending that it didn't.

15 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It happened, so no use pretending that it didn't.

My favorite Crowell game was the time he rushed for 0 yards on 4 carries. No. Wait. The time he ran for 19 yards on 7 carries. Now that I think of it the one for 25 yards on 13 carries. Just so many impactful games he was a part of!

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Does that mean if I take 2 yds away from Cumar in 04 he doesn't win the rushing title?? LOL Or the 2 overtime games that year and he drops even more..\\:D/

I have a feeling that Cannon isn't going anywhere. Dude has speed and I think Gase sees a little of that speedy Doplhins wr in him (forgot his name right now)  

And I agree Cro should stay for 3 mil. Great backup for the money. 

*Wilson. Just remembered

Archived