MOCK DRAFT 04/04/19

PepPep

Risner (K State not Wash State) with our 2nd pick in the 3rd round?  You really think there is a chance he lasts to 93.  I have consistently seen him mocked late 1 / early 2.  I just took him in the first round last week in our JN mock, so if you are right, I made a really bad pick (would not be the first time).

42 minutes ago, Lith said:

Risner (K State not Wash State) with our 2nd pick in the 3rd round?  You really think there is a chance he lasts to 93.  I have consistently seen him mocked late 1 / early 2.  I just took him in the first round last week in our JN mock, so if you are right, I made a really bad pick (would not be the first time).

I dont see Risner or McCoy lasting till the 3rd round. 

You could have had McCoy going in the 3rd a couple months ago.  After workouts and after people have discected more tape on him, it seems unlikely he lasts until the 3rd.  

Risner, no way he’s there at the end of the 3rd.   

Boykin in the 7th would be nice, but given his combine he might even get snatched up before that.  

I am mostly going by the Drafttek full 7 round mock. 

Risner, indeed may be gone by late 3rd round but I think McCoy could very well be there early in the 3rd. Drafting McCoy in the 1st or early in the second would be a real reach IMO. There is nothing 'special' about him. He is just a solid C prospect who may or may not develop into a long term NFL starter. Risner could go in the 1st and second as well but I think he lacks a true position at the NFL level and may be destined to be a versatile backup. JMHO.

Boykin and PJ Johnson may also be gone by the 6th and 7th but I don't expect either to go much earlier than the last two rounds. Boykin is super raw and would pretty much be drafted b/c of his physical traits rather than skill. These guys often go late or get signed as UDFAs. PJ Johnson is a pure NT and I don't see him as a every down type of player. 

On 4/5/2019 at 11:06 AM, section314 said:

McCoy may go in the first. Mel and Todd had both Bradbury and McCoy going in the first, both to the Ravens, in their dueling Mock Wed. night. Not that these guys are infallible, but they do have their ears pretty close to what teams are thinking.

2 centers in the first? wow... I’m guessing they had elgton jenkins going in round 2 then too

I would be okay with this as well:

3: R1P3

OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
68: R3P4

EDGE ZACH ALLEN
BOSTON COLLEGE
93: R3P29

CB LONNIE JOHNSON JR.
KENTUCKY
105: R4P3

G ROSS PIERSCHBACHER
ALABAMA
196: R6P23

G NATE HERBIG
STANFORD
217: R7P3

OT MITCH HYATT
CLEMSON

On 4/4/2019 at 11:39 AM, Lith said:

He WON'T be there in the 3rd , sadly.

23 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA

EDGE ZACH ALLEN
BOSTON COLLEGE

CB LONNIE JOHNSON JR.
KENTUCKY

G ROSS PIERSCHBACHER
ALABAMA

G NATE HERBIG
STANFORD

OT MITCH HYATT
CLEMSON

I could easily live with this especially since there's 2 Bama boys in it. As much as I love Jonah #3 might be a little high for picking him. 

On 4/6/2019 at 7:38 AM, PepPep said:

I am mostly going by the Drafttek full 7 round mock. 

Risner, indeed may be gone by late 3rd round but I think McCoy could very well be there early in the 3rd. Drafting McCoy in the 1st or early in the second would be a real reach IMO. There is nothing 'special' about him. He is just a solid C prospect who may or may not develop into a long term NFL starter. Risner could go in the 1st and second as well but I think he lacks a true position at the NFL level and may be destined to be a versatile backup. JMHO.

Boykin and PJ Johnson may also be gone by the 6th and 7th but I don't expect either to go much earlier than the last two rounds. Boykin is super raw and would pretty much be drafted b/c of his physical traits rather than skill. These guys often go late or get signed as UDFAs. PJ Johnson is a pure NT and I don't see him as a every down type of player. 

I don't see Boykin lasting, let alone as an UDFA.  He was the top athlete at his position.  He has size, speed and 8 TDs as Notre Dames #1 WR.  A guy that big with those agility numbers?  He's like 80% in the cone drills. I don't see how he lasts that long when guys like Devin Funches go at 41.   You may not love the prospect, but somebody will. 

8 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

I could easily live with this especially since there's 2 Bama boys in it. As much as I love Jonah #3 might be a little high for picking him. 

You know what I keep going back to.  Without giving you a name prior to the draft, if someone told me you can draft a guy at 3 who should be able to give you a solid 10 years protecting your QB I would do it.  

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:40 AM, NYDreamer said:

OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA

EDGE ZACH ALLEN
BOSTON COLLEGE

CB LONNIE JOHNSON JR.
KENTUCKY

G ROSS PIERSCHBACHER
ALABAMA

G NATE HERBIG
STANFORD

OT MITCH HYATT
CLEMSON

There is zero chance if we stay at 3 that we take Jonah Willaims. He just is not worth that pick with players like Allen, Bosa, or Williams available. 

Archived