Jets "Determined" to Trade Down

slats

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Ive been saying all along...... trade down and get less than the draft chart value.

the draft chart assumes every draft has the same talent. It does NOT. There are very few studs and NO qbs. 

The value of anything is fluid and ultimately everything is worth only what someone is willing to pay. This is the draft value charts flaw...

this is an UNusual draft and we have UNusual needs. 

If mac picks up a second rounder i am happy. There is no “fleecing” this year.

just do not want Macc picking a second

11 minutes ago, jack48 said:

just do not want Macc picking a second

As draft night draws closer, I'm getting more and more hesitant on a possible trade down. The only way I do it is if we flip one of our newly acquired picks for Frank Clark. Otherwise no thanks. My advice to Macc... stay at 3 and take Bosa, Allen or QW. I believe they will be pro bowl players. You can always address the other positions of need later.

no trade down-mac is one of the worst gms in football-his only decent picks all have been top picks something a five year old could have done-he has on more then one occasion failed miserably at drafting as the position goes down so does the quality of the pick-in fact after the first round he should just get up and leave-we know he has no idea what to do with a second round pick that is for sure-draft bosa or allen and be done with it as odds are and history shows that is all mac can do

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

If the jets trade down the decision goes from Allen or QW to Oliver or Sweat plus I think Metcalf definitely deserves consideration

not even the best wr on his own team- the pick if you go wr is aj brown-we dont need another devin smith that cant stay on the field

For some reason the Jets have failed miserably on 2nd round picks in the last 20 years. Is it a curse??? The only three that stand out are 2000- J. Abraham, 2007- D. Harris and 2017- M. Maye. Historically not a good spot for the Jets.

Just an observation. 

I do agree that offensive weapons and protection for the QB should be the priority. 

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

For some reason the Jets have failed miserably on 2nd round picks in the last 20 years. Is it a curse??? The only three that stand out are 2000- J. Abraham, 2007- D. Harris and 2017- M. Maye. Historically not a good spot for the Jets.

Just an observation. 

I do agree that offensive weapons and protection for the QB should be the priority. 

Abraham was a first rounder, Harris is the only decent 2nd I remember 

2 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

As draft night draws closer, I'm getting more and more hesitant on a possible trade down. The only way I do it is if we flip one of our newly acquired picks for Frank Clark. Otherwise no thanks. My advice to Macc... stay at 3 and take Bosa, Allen or QW. I believe they will be pro bowl players. You can always address the other positions of need later.

I think I prefer macc picking the pick even he cannot miss.  however, I still think Bowles was a heavy influence in his drafts.  I always got hte impresseion CJ kissed TBs ass.  That is why he blamed TB more for the failure of the team

On 4/19/2019 at 4:07 PM, Dcat said:

we can always hope he gets a fair deal.  I wouldn't bet on it.  Supply/demand. We are always on the wrong side of it, so it seems.

He’ll look like a moron if he only gets a 2nd rounder to trade back. Macc gave up 3 2’s to move up 3 spots. He’ll have to come up with a decent deal to save face as the GM.  Macc has to get at least a 2nd a 3rd and another 2nd in 2020 or he’ll be the laughingstock amongst GM’s. 

On 4/20/2019 at 8:44 AM, long time suffering Jets f said:

I am in a total fog about it.  Gholston lurks......

Archived