Namath

slats

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I think @JetFaninMI is smart enough to realize this, but let me give you a word to the wise wonderboy.

When the mods start deleting posts, they’re telling us they’ve had enough of our nonsense. 

You want to keep carrying on, go ahead. Just don’t expect me to reply. 

I have a good time here on this site. It’s not worth the risk of getting banned for dealing with your childishness.

Take my advice and knock it off, or not. It’s up to you. It really doesn’t matter to me in the least.

They don’t call me WonderBoy for nuthin. Perhaps you should take your own advice or you’ll end up on the moon like Alice. ? 

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Critiques of Mayfield have nothing to do with Namath. 

Different era, different criteria. 

I like Mayfield. 

Don’t sh*t on Namath for ANY reason. 

You sound dumb. 

You’re confused. I’m not.

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I think @JetFaninMI is smart enough to realize this, but let me give you a word to the wise wonderboy.

When the mods start deleting posts, they’re telling us they’ve had enough of our nonsense. 

You want to keep carrying on, go ahead. Just don’t expect me to reply. 

I have a good time here on this site. It’s not worth the risk of getting banned for dealing with your childishness.

Take my advice and knock it off, or not. It’s up to you. It really doesn’t matter to me in the leas

Post deleted or not it needed to be said. You need to stop insulting others and stop the bullsh*t. We are all equals on this board and unless you're a Moderator you can't tell people what's what. Now go report this post as well. This from the guy calling other posters "little bitches" and then pulling that crap. Don't mention me in a post again 14 in Green and none won't be none. Understand? Good.

I wonder if other teams’ fans enjoy tearing down their own heroes. Namath, Revis and Martin are all very polarising subjects here. It’s weird. Mothers don’t let you sons grow up to be Jets players. They could make the HOF and yet the fans still won’t be happy.

9 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Actually I always called it Junc Logic. I think that describes it perfectly.

junk sci·ence
noun

1. untested or unproven theories when presented as scientific fact.
    The expression junk science is used to describe scientific data, research, or analysis considered by the person using the phrase to be spurious or fraudulent. 

5 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Post deleted or not it needed to be said. You need to stop insulting others and stop the bullsh*t. We are all equals on this board and unless you're a Moderator you can't tell people what's what. Now go report this post as well. This from the guy calling other posters "little bitches" and then pulling that crap. Don't mention me in a post again 14 in Green and none won't be none. Understand? Good.

First of all, I’ve never reported a post. I’m not that guy, sounds like that’s your thing. So not only are you obnoxious, you’re wrong. You’re the one who made this a thing, because you can’t mind your own business. 

Not a week goes by that you don’t argue with someone, and yesterday I was the lucky winner. The funny part is that you think I or anyone else takes your internet tough guy act seriously. You come off like a clown when you do it. Oh and BTW? I’ll mention you whenever I want, and I’ll pull whatever crap I want, when I want.

Understand? Good.

9 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

They don’t call me WonderBoy for nuthin. Perhaps you should take your own advice or you’ll end up on the moon like Alice. ? 

Nice edit of your re edit. It took you a few tries, but you made it all the way to funny. ?

Good job. 

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

First of all, I’ve never reported a post. I’m not that guy, sounds like that’s your thing. So not only are you obnoxious, you’re wrong. You’re the one who made this a thing, because you can’t mind your own business. 

Not a week goes by that you don’t argue with someone, and yesterday I was the lucky winner. The funny part is that you think I or anyone else takes your internet tough guy act seriously. You come off like a clown when you do it. Oh and BTW? I’ll mention you whenever I want, and I’ll pull whatever crap I want, when I want.

Understand? Good.

Dude whatever. I have never reported a post and I never argue with anyone. Just pompous prigs like yourself. I watch you on here day after day act like your sh*t don't stink. I'm not the one calling dudes little bitches and telling them they're new. That's you.  You do it all the time. You're not even wet behind the ears in terms of time here. Come on.

You're going to pull whatever crap whenever you want? Wow so basically you're saying eff the rules I do what I want? Wow. Might as tell a Mod to eff off the way you're going. Not cool bro. Not cool at all.

It really doesn't matter anyway because you're basically a source of amusement at this point. No one really takes you seriously and you think you're able to say what you want to whomever you want at any time. That attitude is going to get you in trouble Bro but you keep on keepin' on. I'm sure that's going to go over well. Good Luck.

34 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dude whatever. I have never reported a post and I never argue with anyone. Just pompous prigs like yourself. I watch you on here day after day act like your sh*t don't stink. I'm not the one calling dudes little bitches and telling them they're new. That's you.  You do it all the time. You're not even wet behind the ears in terms of time here. Come on.

You're going to pull whatever crap whenever you want? Wow so basically you're saying eff the rules I do what I want? Wow. Might as tell a Mod to eff off the way you're going. Not cool bro. Not cool at all.

It really doesn't matter anyway because you're basically a source of amusement at this point. No one really takes you seriously and you think you're able to say what you want to whomever you want at any time. That attitude is going to get you in trouble Bro but you keep on keepin' on. I'm sure that's going to go over well. Good Luck.

?

2 hours ago, slats said:

Please try to not have slap fights in my Namath thread. Thanks. 

This is - was - a great thread. Let’s get back to the thread. Namath was a spectacular talent coming out of Alabama. He singlehandedly changed the perception of the AFL.

Good article here:

In 1965, the AFL scored a television contract with NBC. That same year, New York Jets owner Sonny Werblin lured quarterback Joe Namath out of the University of Alabama to the AFL with the biggest contract in pro football history. The NFL’s prediction and hope that the AFL would field only second-rate players and washed-up former NFL players was not to be: Instead, the two leagues began to compete over fans, players and coaches. An unspoken agreement that one league would not sign the other league’s players was broken in 1966 when the NFL’s New York Giants signed place-kicker Pete Gogolak away from the AFL’s Buffalo Bills. As neither league could afford a bidding war, owners soon began to talk of a merger.

Under the merger agreement announced on June 8, 1966, the new league would be called the NFL, and split into the American Football Conference (AFC) and the National Football Conference (NFC) All eight of the original AFL teams would all be absorbed by the NFL, unlike in 1946 when the NFL merged with the rival All-America Football Conference but only took in its Baltimore, Cleveland and San Francisco franchises and dissolved four other teams.

The first two Super Bowls proved the NFC (the former NFL) to be the better league, with Vince Lombardi’s Green Bay Packers handling their AFC challenger easily. In Super Bowl III, however, Joe Namath and the New York Jets upset the favored Baltimore Colts and ushered in a new era of greater parity between the two leagues.

The Super Bowl, played between the AFC and NFC champions at the end of every NFL season, is now the most watched televised sporting event in the world with more than 140 million viewers.

On 4/20/2019 at 11:18 PM, slats said:

Compared to...............    ???

Compared to the NFL at the time.

Please tell me about the 6 years where Joe was the best and "it wasn't even close"?  I am very interested in this info.

On 4/20/2019 at 7:24 PM, Kleckineau said:

Its called junc science

It's called reality

On 4/20/2019 at 7:36 PM, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you...

I don't really even put up fact based Posts anymore. 

People want to believe the guys they watch now are just "so much better" than say Johnny U, Namath and my sleeper favorite Otto Graham (before my time), no matter what.

As has been stated every contemporary of Namath thought he was Great and was not over rated ..... 

For example:

Bill Walsh, long-time coach of the San Francisco 49ers and three-time Super Bowl victor, has said that Namath was “the most beautiful, accurate, stylish passer with the quickest release I’ve ever seen.”

It always amuses me when people bring up quotes about namath.  They are always about his ability and never about his actual production.  No one has ever questioned his ability, he's one of the greatest talents to ever play but due to injuries, not taking care of himself, etc... he didn't display that incredible ability for long and had a mostly mediocre career.

You cannot compares QBs of today against QBs of the past.  You compare how they said against their eras which is why I have Otto Graham in my top 5 all time so please spare me the lecture host because I don't subscribe to the theory of Joe namath.

On 4/20/2019 at 7:55 PM, roscoeword said:

One of the reasons they lost in the early 70s when Namath was hurt, was because Al woodall, the back up was terrible. We still had a lot of that super bowl roster, but wasted it with Namath getting hurt alot, and a terrible back up qb. Namath touted woodall, as well as richard Todd, who was also awful. Namath was a great qb, but a bad judge of talent. 

To be fair to Joe he wasn't the GM.  

On 4/20/2019 at 9:46 PM, southparkcpa said:

More like a shlt sandwich science.  He is so full of himself...

I love when you attack me because you cannot put together an intelligent response to my posts.

On 4/20/2019 at 9:46 PM, Peace Frog said:

Non-Mentally deficient adult Jet fans dumping on Joe Willie Namath. 

Children with bad parents with access to computers hooked up to the internet?

I thought this was a non-trolling board. 

Sounds dumb. 

All due respect. 

This isn't just a rah rah board, some of us try to be fair about our team whether that means praise or criticism.  Nothing I have said about Joe is unfair or untrue.

On 4/20/2019 at 10:00 PM, JetFaninMI said:

Actually I always called it Junc Logic. I think that describes it perfectly.

And another one that cannot debate me but rather just hurls childish insults.  

33 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I love when you attack me because you cannot put together an intelligent response to my posts.

This isn't just a rah rah board, some of us try to be fair about our team whether that means praise or criticism.  Nothing I have said about Joe is unfair or untrue.

Dude... you are a self appointed genius.   It is funny from our stand point.  You take yourself too seriously....

Any reasoned person will accept the opinion of people like Bill Walsh or Bear Bryant or Joes contemporaries over junc science any day. The more I read how you need to tear him down the more I am convinced Joe may have banged your girlfriend back in his heyday. Your brush with greatness!

52 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

LOL. There is no debating you because you consider your opinion to be fact. You have no tangible argument. Your judgement is askew. Don't really care about anything you say because you're basically a dick.

52 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Dude... you are a self appointed genius.   It is funny from our stand point.  You take yourself too seriously....

You make me look like a genius, I'm really an idiot.

32 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. There is no debating you because you consider your opinion to be fact. You have no tangible argument. Your judgement is askew. Don't really care about anything you say because you're basically a dick.

I get it, you are scared to debate and it's easier to just hurl insults to deflect. 

It would be awesome if we had some posters just attack what I posted instead of attacking me.  If I what I post is such garbage it should be easy to counter anything I post.  Good luck.

29 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Any reasoned person will accept the opinion of people like Bill Walsh or Bear Bryant or Joes contemporaries over junc science any day. The more I read how you need to tear him down the more I am convinced Joe may have banged your girlfriend back in his heyday. Your brush with greatness!

Another poster scared to debate.

I actually love and appreciate what Joe did for my team but I'm allowed to post honestly.  There's not a single thing I posted that you can counter so you attack me.  

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You make me look like a genius, I'm really an idiot.

I get it, you are scared to debate and it's easier to just hurl insults to deflect. 

It would be awesome if we had some players just attack what I posted instead of attacking me.  If I what I post is such garbage it should be easy to counter anything I post.  Good luck.

Like I said......

32 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

And like I said, you are afraid to debate.

Probably more like disinterested. You defend QBs like Sanchez and Pennington, then refer to Namath as mediocre? 

That said, give it a rest. And to everyone replying here to @nyjunc, let's cool it with the personal attacks. 

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Junc science through the years, and the reason I no longer respond to any of his posts. This tells you all you need to know about him:

Namath, Favre, Peyton: overrated, trash
Sanchez, brady*: GOATs
Eli: Worst QB of all time
Tony Dungy is the reason Peyton won the SB with the colts, and Peyton actually held Dungy back from more SB wins

This poster spends more time on here bashing Namath and loving brady* than he does discussing actual football.

10 minutes ago, slats said:

Probably more like disinterested. You defend QBs like Sanchez and Pennington, then refer to Namath as mediocre? 

That said, give it a rest. And to everyone replying here to @nyjunc, let's cool it with the personal attacks. 

Nowhere did I ever claim someone like Sanchez was great or that Chad had a great career.  I defend them from stupidity- from the crowd that bashes them yet will revere brett favre, just because we discuss QBs doesn't mean every discussion is the same.  

I would really love it if someone just tried to counter what I wrote and if you could answer my question for your explanation about Joe being the best QB in football for 6 years and there wasn't another QB close to him.

I like to debate, whether someone agrees with me or not is irrelevant.  If someone counters my argument with real info we all learn something but instead people would rather just insult those that disagree with them.

8 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Junc science through the years, and the reason I no longer respond to any of his posts. This tells you all you need to know about him:

Namath, Favre, Peyton: overrated, trash
Sanchez, brady*: GOATs
Eli: Worst QB of all time
Tony Dungy is the reason Peyton won the SB with the colts, and Peyton actually held Dungy back from more SB wins

This poster spends more time on here bashing Namath and loving brady* than he does discussing actual football.

I spend more time on here being honest and objective.  It is not my fault you cannot understand what is posted.  This latest post is typical nonsense to deflect because you cannot keep up in a debate.  There is literally nothing correct about what I have said other than Brady being the best of all time which he is and that isn't close.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I would really love it if someone just tried to counter what I wrote and if you could answer my question for your explanation about Joe being the best QB in football for 6 years and there wasn't another QB close to him.

As I expressed in the OP, I didn't write the piece, I copied & pasted it from another site because I thought it was interesting. 

Archived