Outside Linebacker

1 hour ago, DMaynard said:

Help me out guys. I am getting old and forgetful.

I know the Jets have never had a Von Miller or a Lawrence Taylor, but when was the last time we had a better than decent OLB? Lance Mehl???????

I must be forgetting somebody.

pace wasn't bad.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jordan Jenkins is actually a pretty good player. Mo Lewis was decent. Our best OLB was the six games Abraham played for us under Parcells

Abraham never played under Parcells.  His first HC was Groh.

And he was a DE.

2 hours ago, DMaynard said:

Help me out guys. I am getting old and forgetful.

I know the Jets have never had a Von Miller or a Lawrence Taylor, but when was the last time we had a better than decent OLB? Lance Mehl???????

I must be forgetting somebody.

John Abraham. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He was a stand-up OLB his rookie year and became a DE when Herm brought his wretched Tampa 2 here. 

No he flipped back and forth, played both.  He didnt play much as a rookie, was injured, wasnt he? 

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No he flipped back and forth, played both.  He didnt play much as a rookie, was injured, wasnt he? 

Al groh ran a 3-4.  Ellis was the end, Abe was the olb.  Then Herm made us a 4-3 and tried to make Ellis a d tackle, which he hated.

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Al groh ran a 3-4.  Ellis was the end, Abe was the olb.  Then Herm made us a 4-3 and tried to make Ellis a d tackle, which he hated.

Thought he went back and forth his rookie season.  Could be wrong though. 

Poor Ellis, went back and forth, changing his body to fit the different position switch. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Thought he went back and forth his rookie season.  Could be wrong though. 

Poor Ellis, went back and forth, changing his body to fit the different position switch. 

He wasted almost 2 full years.  Bulking way up, then trying to lose weight.  Herm wanted him to be warren sapp, and he wasnt.   He was a really good strong side defensive end.

• Upvote 1