I was told that nobody on this board wants Macc to fail. 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Can I take a stab? You were the last person on earth to realize Maccagnan is a gibbering halfwit, so to save face you have to awkwardly walk the line of acknowledging that he sucks, but also arguing that the real villains here are some random jamokes on a message board.

Ah yes, the greatest of all poster traits.  The endless apologist who concedes that the player/coach/GM only sucks now, despite countless having said so for years, therefore they've been right this whole time.  More commonly known as pulling a Pac.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Ah yes, the greatest of all poster traits.  The endless apologist who concedes that the player/coach/GM only sucks now, despite countless having said so for years, therefore they've been right this whole team.  More commonly known as pulling a Pac.

I've known that Macc wasn't very good a few years ago. I'm just not a crying Mary about it. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

If you have trouble understanding simple terms, not sure if anyone can help you with that. 

Considering you are the one throwing out claims that are quite literally factually inaccurate, I think you have that backwards.

Wanting someone to be held accountable for their actions is in no way equivalent to wanting them to have taken those actions.

By your logic, wanting the conviction of a known murderer would be the same as rooting for murder.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Ah yes, the greatest of all poster traits.  The endless apologist who concedes that the player/coach/GM only sucks now, despite countless having said so for years, therefore they've been right this whole team.  More commonly known as pulling a Pac.

It was the Klecko at one point.  (as related to pennington)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

There’s going to be so many salty fans here for years because he’s tied to Darnold - as long as Sam’s a Jet, Mac is.

So that’s at least Sam’s rookie deal

I totally agree with you.  Darnold is going to lead many many playoff appearances, starting this year, so enjoy 10 more D Tackles drafted in the 1st Rd by the dolt.

The irony is of course is that if Maccagnan was not so terrible at his job he never would have been able to luck into Darnold in the first place and he would have hit the bricks along with Bowles, who only has his job now due to the fact that Bruce Arians loves him like a son and has now hired him for BOTH his DC jobs.  Revisit Arians calling a Jet game last year when asked about Bowles,"He's doing an outstanding job".

Now the rumor I have heard today that Maccagnan is very indecisive is no surprise at all and just makes everything he will do in the future feel even worse.

49 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

He drafted two safeties. That was your claim, and you were wrong. Two safeties in 5 drafts. Two. Thanks. 

What was my claim? What straw man argument are you declaring victory over? LOL. I said Safety and Defensive Tackle. Are you impaired? Can you read, or is a child reading to you? 

5 drafts. 5 drafts with a first round Safety, a 2nd round safety (the year he went into vapor lock and just redid what he did the previous roumd), and a late round Safety.

5 Defensive Tackles. He drafted identical players with the same list of reasons 4 years apart i  the first round. 

What are you claiming victory about? Seriously? He has spent an inordinate amount of draft capital on S and DT. Period. 

You are wrong, you have no defendable arguement, and now were just laughing at you while you flail about and contradict your own points.

Take a break, bro.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

This is his 5th draft

Williams us the 5th DT he has selected in the draft. 

He has selected 3 Safeties: Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, and Derrick Jones, a 6'2 185 lb DB who has gotten more reps at S than CB. 

So. 5 drafts. 8 Players at either DT or S....wait, never mind. 

Are you seriously defending MacCagnans draft record? For real?

He keeps trying until he gets it right?

He thinks there are only 2 positions in the game of football?

What say you Nuu?

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So yes, we would like to stop the bleeding and hire someone who understands how to construct an NFL roster, and the importance of the Offensive Line....not a guy who drafts Safeties and Defensive Tackles like a faulty juke box that only plays 2 songs no matter what numbers you punch in. 

Read what I said again. 

5 hours ago, SR24 said:

Nobody wants him to fail but how are we supposed to be excited about another DT? When we had Allen (A perfect fit for a need we've had for over 10 years) sitting right there?! We had a chance there to fill a need (Edge) without having to reach for it yet we selected a defensive tackle... again. This guy is a constant let down in almost every draft he's done his draft record is criminal and it just goes to show how little the Johnsons care about winning. I like Quinnen but don't think he was the right pick for us this year

this makes one wonder what kind of deals might have been available for the 3rd pick.  allen eventually went 7 and oliver went 9.  the first oline guy went 11.  only 4 oline picks in the first round.

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

What was my claim? What straw man argument are you declaring victory over? LOL. I said Safety and Defensive Tackle. Are you impaired? Can you read, or is a child reading to you? 

5 drafts. 5 drafts with a first round Safety, a 2nd round safety (the year he went into vapor lock and just redid what he did the previous roumd), and a late round Safety.

5 Defensive Tackles. He drafted identical players with the same list of reasons 4 years apart i  the first round. 

What are you claiming victory about? Seriously? He has spent an inordinate amount of draft capital on S and DT. Period. 

You are wrong, you have no defendable arguement, and now were just laughing at you while you flail about and contradict your own points.

Take a break, bro.

5 drafts, 2 safeties.

5 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Considering you are the one throwing out claims that are quite literally factually inaccurate, I think you have that backwards.

Wanting someone to be held accountable for their actions is in no way equivalent to wanting them to have taken those actions.

By your logic, wanting the conviction of a known murderer would be the same as rooting for murder.

You couldn't be more wrong, but I'd be wasting my time explaining it to you. 

35 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

So we agree that some people want Macc to fail. Excellent!

How does pointing out that there is enough information to fire mac today prove people "want" him to fail? They want him gone. I don't know what to tell you if you can't tell the difference.

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

How does pointing out that there is enough information to fire mac today prove people "want" him to fail? They want him gone. I don't know what to tell you if you can't tell the difference.

The guy belongs on the LIRR from Ronkonkama heading into Penn Station to pimp Mutual Funds all day to 90 year old ladies, being in the Jet War Room?  Not so much.

What’s wrong with me pointing that out?