Le'veon + TY

Nice post OP. Shifty guys in space catching dump offs out of the backfield has been the Jets’ bugaboo for YEARS. Can’t count how many times I’ve screamed at the TV after another seven-yard gain dump off against us, “why the Hell don’t we try that?”

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

The Patriots have been making hay giving Brady all of the RBs in Michel, White, Burkhead, and

You forgot D Harris, their future bellcow. 

I don’t share the same optimism with Ty Mont as the rest of you. He’ll be on the trainers table by week 4. Powell’s breaking down annually at this point and the rest are JAGs

Outside of Bell, and to a lesser extent Robbie Anderson — our skill positions are shallow and injury prone. 

Lot of work to do still. 

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I’m still getting use to having players on offense that the other team has to plan for. 

If we can get just one more guy, just ONE more to creep up towards that level then the offense becomes legit dangerous.  It's what we saw in KC....Tyreek Hill was so worrisome that Travis Kelce elevated to uber-elite status as a TE and it soon didn't even matter if it was Kareem Hunt or Damien Williams at RB, it was going to be electric.

We have the QB, we have the elite RB.....Just need somebody like Robby or Herndon (those are the two IMO) to take the next step and garner significant attention from opposing Defensive Coordinators.  Imagine having to roll coverage, add Safety help, etc. on almost every route that Robby runs!  Imagine Herndon being so feared that the defense is bracketing him with their best cover-LB AND best cover-Safety on seam routes.....and then imagine Bell open in the flat, but Darnold passing on him to hit a wide open Crowder that the D forgot about because of all our other options!  A man can dream can't he....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tony MaC said:

Ty might be the best value free agent the team has. He's here for less than a million and the way this sounds his impact will be worth WAY more than that. He's got to be playing for his first real payday, whether here or elsewhere. 

Don't be surprised if we sign TY during the season to a cap friendly deal that keeps him here for 2/3 years. He's a backup RB that fits perfectly behind Bell & he's NOT going to get a break the bank deal from anyone & he genuinely seems to be very happy here with this group.  This is where Joe Douglas experience might come into play. 

37 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don’t share the same optimism with Ty Mont as the rest of you. He’ll be on the trainers table by week 4. Powell’s breaking down annually at this point and the rest are JAGs

Outside of Bell, and to a lesser extent Robbie Anderson — our skill positions are shallow and injury prone. 

Lot of work to do still. 

TY got hurt in Green Bay because McCarthy was running him between the tackles like he was LeGarrette Blount for god sakes. TY runs a bit straight up & down exposing himself to hits inside. That's how he cracked his ribs. The Dude was not built for all those carries & obviously with Bell here & even Bilal to a lesser extent his touches will be way less than he was asked to do in Green Bay where he carried the load with all of their injuries at RB. 

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Suggestion - Make Ty Montgomery the last pick in your entire Fantasy Draft.  Nobody will see it coming and he'll likely be sitting there unless you're in a league with a bunch of Jets homers.

I cant wait to see what Gase comes up with in a 2 back set with Bell & TY. So cool that either 1 of these guys has WR skills & can be put into motion and line up anywhere.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Suggestion - Make Ty Montgomery the last pick in your entire Fantasy Draft.  Nobody will see it coming and he'll likely be sitting there unless you're in a league with a bunch of Jets homers.

Not a bad idea.  Personally I'm looking at the following late round RB/WR fliers:

• WR John Brown, BUF:  The only healthy receiver standing in Buffalo at the moment.  Allen sucks but he has to throw it to someone.
  • RB Alexander Mattison, MIN:  Dalvin Cook is a health risk and Mattison has passed Ameer Abdullah on the depth chart for the # 2 job.
  • RB  Ito Smith, ATL:  The Falcons always like to give their # 2 guy plenty of run.
  • WR David Moore, SEA:  DK Metcalf has several medical issues, which gives Moore the best shot at starting across from Tyler Lockett.  Last year, Moore had a 2-TD game as well as a 100+ yard game. 
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Jetster said:

TY got hurt in Green Bay because McCarthy was running him between the tackles like he was LeGarrette Blount for god sakes. TY runs a bit straight up & down exposing himself to hits inside. That's how he cracked his ribs. The Dude was not built for all those carries & obviously with Bell here & even Bilal to a lesser extent his touches will be way less than he was asked to do in Green Bay where he carried the load with all of their injuries at RB. 

He was also anemically unproductive in Baltimore. I’m very familiar with the former Stanford product and his usage in GB.  I stand by what I said. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Lot of work to do still. 

I lean more towards this than whatever it is "the rest of you" think.

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

He was also anemically unproductive in Baltimore. I’m very familiar with the former Stanford product and his usage in GB.  I stand by what I said. 

Seriously? Baltimore? 

Your gonna be eating your freaking words & I CAN'T WAIT! 

Lamar Jackson had over 600 yards rushing! It was a COLLEGE OFFENSE put in to help a running QB that can't throw & had no idea what he was doing. 

The starting RB for the Ravens was Alex Collins, here's his stats for 2018 & your wondering why TY Montgomery didn't jibe with the offense, LMAO!

Alex Collins- 114 rushes for 411 yards! 

On 8/6/2019 at 4:06 PM, Jetster said:

Seriously? Baltimore? 

Your gonna be eating your freaking words & I CAN'T WAIT! 

Lamar Jackson had over 600 yards rushing! It was a COLLEGE OFFENSE put in to help a running QB that can't throw & had no idea what he was doing. 

The starting RB for the Ravens was Alex Collins, here's his stats for 2018 & your wondering why TY Montgomery didn't jibe with the offense, LMAO!

Alex Collins- 114 rushes for 411 yards! 

Not sure where the attitude is coming from, and its not like I don’t know what I’m talking about  

The way you’re talking about Ty in BAL tells me you have no clue whatsoever about his usage in college. He’s never been a traditional anything. He’s a hybrid player that doesn’t translate well to the pros. He’s scheme dependent. Also you act as tho I said he sucks. I said he’d be on the trainers table... 

instead of insisting on how right you are maybe just digest my words some. The fan in you wants Ty to be a playmaker on offense. Me too. But I’m skeptically anyone not named Bell is going to make a lasting impact. 

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

Not sure where the attitude is coming from, and its not like I don’t know what I’m talking about  

The way you’re talking about Ty in BAL tells me you have no clue whatsoever about his usage in college. He’s never been a traditional anything. He’s a hybrid player that doesn’t translate well to the pros. He’s scheme dependent. Also you act as tho I said he sucks. I said he’d be on the trainers table... 

instead of insisting on how right you are maybe just digest my words some. The fan in you wants Ty to be a playmaker on offense. Me too. But I’m skeptically anyone not named Bell is going to make a lasting impact. 

We just disagree. I think he's had a coming to Jesus moment when McCarthy cut him for taking that ball out of the endzone. I also told you why & how he got his ribs injured in Greenbay. TY Montgomery is NOT a bell cow RB but McCarthy used him that way out of necessity. 

Here playing behind Bell, he's the perfect compliment to this new offense under Gase. He's also going to present problems in 2 back sets because it's like have 2 more WRs on the field which will be a huge benefit to Darnold.

He can run, pass block, and is very adept at getting open when he leaves the backfield and he seems to be in a born again mode, happy to be here & excited about what he can contribute to the offense. 

Sorry, I just think your wrong, and looking at his time at the Ravens will have zero impact on 2019 with this Jet team.