The Polite Question. What’s the answer?

14 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Yup and all the tell tale signs of him being another horrible Macc pic are there.

I hope he turns it around, but would not be surprised if he's gone this year or next.

If he’s gone he’s gone. 

I guess the point is, now may not be the appropriate time. 

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

Kind of like where he was drafted wasn't.

Folks need to get over it. 

Its spilt water, milk under the bridge, it’s done with.

Continuing to get agitated about it, continuing to rail on Mac, it’s not healthy. 

Would folks rejoice more if we cut him today or he turns into a situational pass rusher by week 9? 

I don’t get the compulsion to cut this guy NOW. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Folks need to get over it. 

Its spilt water, milk under the bridge, it’s done with.

Continuing to get agitated about it, continuing to rail on Mac, it’s not healthy. 

Would folks rejoice more if we cut him today or he turns into a situational pass rusher by week 9? 

I don’t get the compulsion to cut this guy NOW. 

I never said to cut him now, but I can understand if he becomes a roster casualty.

I hope more than anything he becomes productive at something, but the odds are not in his favor.

The fact that Macc bet on him is virtually a kiss of death.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I never said to cut him now, but I can understand if he becomes a roster casualty.

I hope more than anything he becomes productive at something, but the odds are not in his favor.

The fact that Macc bet on him is virtually a kiss of death.

That wasn’t directed at you. 

Dudes here want him gone forthwith. 

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

That wasn’t directed at you. 

Dudes here want him gone forthwith. 

I don’t need him cut. I’m just saying that if continues to look like this, I’d hope his roster spot goes to the most deserving player.

Right now I can’t see that being Polite. If he turns it around that’s great but hoping he turns it around and becomes a DPR is hoping for something without any evidence or reason. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I don’t need him cut. I’m just saying that if continues to look like this, I’d hope his roster spot goes to the most deserving player.

Right now I can’t see that being Polite. If he turns it around that’s great but hoping he turns it around and becomes a DPR is hoping for something without any evidence or reason. 

We’re fans. 

At the end of the day your “evidence” and “reason” is just speculation and conjecture based on your own subjective prism. 

We have no idea what the staff thinks or sees. 

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I get that but he was a fairly highly rated prospect.

It's not as if he was thought of as a 7th round or UDFA talent--he was always though of as a day 2 pick.

That means folks though he had talent.  To be fair, he f*cked all of that up but you don't throw away talent until you figure out whether there is something there or not. Regardless of who drafted you.  Maybe Douglass had him rated in the 4th round.  Better than a 7th or UDFA. 

I think those of us in favor of not cutting him are of the view that we just don't know, yet--we CAN'T know yet.

Those is favor of cutting him are of the view that he never should have been drafted therefore he needs to be cut immediately.

Well he fell to the 3rd round for a reason, so while the jets had him rated the highest (3rrd round) it does not mean that the eagles (Douglas) did.

In any case we will have answers soon enough either he will play really well in camp and in the last two ex games and make this a moot point or he will not and then there is a real possibility he could be gone.

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

While anomalies can rarely occur, the numbers are not in his favor. 

Other than there are no numbers against him either. 

Less than one games worth of playing time and it's a long shot that he can become a viable player.

You can not make it up. 

@RobR along with the equally owned  @kdels62  will have a problem with this line of thinking.  The hair is still up their asses.  Lol, grow up children 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

In any case we will have answers soon enough either he will play really well in camp and in the last two ex games and make this a moot point or he will not and then there is a real possibility he could be gone. 

Pretty much no chance he's gone. 

No matter how many actually dream up scenarios where 3rd rounders have and should be cut.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Other than there are no numbers against him either. 

Less than one game worth of playing time and it's a long shot that he becomes a viable player.

You can not make it up. 

Sure let's all just blindly ignore all the testing data that took place before the preseason.

I'm sure those metrics are just a fad that the NFL will soon move on from.

You know because guys like Polite are constantly proving them wrong.

#StrongDelusions

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well he fell to the 3rd round for a reason, so while the jets had him rated the highest (3rrd round) it does not mean that the eagles (Douglas) did.

Do you think Douglas and the Eagles had him rated lower than the 3rd round? Lower than the 4th? 5th? 

Off his board?

The guy’s not a murderer. 

Regardless of where we took him he was going no lower than early 4. 

He’s got talent. We either tap it or we don’t. I don’t think we’re going to find that out definitively in the next 2 preseason games. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Sure let's all just blindly ignore all the testing data that took place before the preseason.

#StrongDelusions

#No Numbers

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

#StrongDelusions

You mean when he went to the combine with a hammy issue and tested poorly?  F it, that's all that counts.  He'll never heal and contribute.  All that production at F was imaginary.  

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much no chance he's gone. 

No matter how many actually dream up scenarios where 3rd rounders have and should be cut.

Once again he was a 3rd rounder to mccagnan we have no idea what he was to douglas.

Also I think you were the one that indicated no way lee was getting traded.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Once again he was a 3rd rounder to mccagnan we have no idea what he was to douglas.

Also I think you were the one that indicated no way lee was getting traded.

Once again he was a 1st rounder to others before the combine.  

Not knowing what JD thinks about him doesn't translate into your idea that he doesn't like him and will cut him.  Or that any smart FO would cut him.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Do you think Douglas and the Eagles had him rated lower than the 3rd round? Lower than the 4th? 5th? 

Off his board?

The guy’s not a murderer. 

Regardless of where we took him he was going no lower than early 4. 

He’s got talent. We either tap it or we don’t. I don’t think we’re going to find that out definitively in the next 2 preseason games. 

What would’ve been really interesting is that if we had drafted Ed Oliver. Apparently he clashed with the Eagles front office during pre-draft visits. That’s off topic but it gives some insight into how much character matters for the Joe Douglas.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Once again he was a 1st rounder to others before the combine.  

Not knowing what JD thinks about him doesn't translate into your idea that he doesn't like him and will cut him.  Or that any smart FO would cut him.  

So all evidence after an arbitrary point is irrelevant? 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

What imaginary evidence has any relevancy to what I said about JD and how he rates Polite? 

These are opinions.  

I’m talking about the idea that Polite was at one point a first rounder to some scouts. At a certain point evidence came out that indicated high bust potential and his stock changed. His lack of athleticism was an indicator of his bust potential but you choose to ignore that bit of evidence. 

The GMs then went back and re-evaluated him, he became a third rounder to at least 1 GM and who knows if anyone else had him in that range. 

15 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I’m talking about the idea that Polite was at one point a first rounder to some scouts. At a certain point evidence came out that indicated high bust potential and his stock changed. His lack of athleticism was an indicator of his bust potential but you choose to ignore that bit of evidence. 

The GMs then went back and re-evaluated him, he became a third rounder to at least 1 GM and who knows if anyone else had him in that range. 

And that's not the post you quoted.

Athleticism wasn't an issue other than when he didn't train for the combine, added weight and tested poorly.  Those are the facts.  His Fl numbers say it makes no difference.  He was scouted as a high motor player.  Numbers sometimes have to be looked at in context.  You have no idea that GMs downgraded him to 4th round or less.  That's it.  You want to eliminate his production because of his combine.  That's it.  But the third was used and there not a chance that he won't be given a chance, one better than some time with backups in parts of a few preseason games. 

3 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

No, I ignore all the warning signs and bet with Mike Maccagnan.

You can not make it up. 

image.jpg

So you don't like QW, Darnold, Adams, Bell....

Makes sense, just go with the if Macc brought him, he sucks idea.  

Youre right, can't make it up.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

What would’ve been really interesting is that if we had drafted Ed Oliver. Apparently he clashed with the Eagles front office during pre-draft visits. That’s off topic but it gives some insight into how much character matters for the Joe Douglas.

Great point. 

At least it doesn’t appear Polite pissed off Douglas but maybe he was so disinterested he didn’t care. 

Look, I don’t love Polite, also don’t hate him but I’m really hoping the light goes on, he packs on 20 pounds of muscle and his pass rush moves translate to the NFL. 

But regardless of what any of us think of him from afar, he WAS thought of as a talented player worthy of being drafted in rounds 2-4. 

I can’t, absent gross negligence, throw that away based on a poor predraft process and a few quarters of preseason football. I gotta give this guy a chance during THIS year to show something. 

If he never sees the field and you want to dump him next year for a conditional 7th, have at it. 

Can’t cut a guy that will be claimed by a half a dozen teams. I don’t think you can say the same for a Wint or Basham or the like. Even if they’ve shown.

Now, if you’re telling me it’s between Polite and Luvu or Cashman I push Polite out of the plane at altitude but it’s not. He’s battling against Wint and Basham and Langi and Burgess.