The Polite Question. What’s the answer?

10 hours ago, ryu79 said:

He just seems so tentative/uncommitted to his movements. It looks so different from the sorts blitzkrieg great engine player you see in the UF film...

He is a rookie that’s thinking more than playing fast.. the idea most of us had when he was drafted was there gonna let him pin his ears and go after the quarterback .. seems GW is really trying to make him into a 3 down linebacker .. which is interesting cause he isn’t best vs the run or in coverage.. guess time will tell how it plays out ..  

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

The GM knows he’s getting a pass this year.

Wesco seems to be even more underwhelming than Polite. Who has actually made plays in camp.

Austin is just a waste of a pick, he’s never seeing the field.

Macc made bad picks?  What a surprise.

So just two questions:

1. People who were all deeply offended and butthurt angry that some of us wanted say, Chase Winovich over Polite, do you still feel that way?  Or would you today prefer Winovich or someone else at that pick?

2. People who blew off or were angry at fans who said "Fire Macc before the Draft, not after" still feel that way?  Do we think Douglas might have done a better draft job had he been in the job on Draft Day?

Just curious.

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He is a rookie that’s thinking more than playing fast.. the idea most of us had when he was drafted was there gonna let him pin his ears and go after the quarterback .. seems GW is really trying to make him into a 3 down linebacker .. which is interesting cause he isn’t best vs the run or in coverage.. guess time will tell how it plays out ..  

No question that's a big part of it and I kept that in mind when I was watching the Saints game again. I didn't even bother mentioning how he looked dropping into coverage or trying to read because I gave him the benefit of the doubt for the reasons you listed.

Despite that, what was most disturbing was he just didn't look like he wanted to hit anyone or get in the pile. The lack of aggressiveness shown seemed to go way beyond a rookie thinking too much.

Hate giving up on any kid before he's played 1 game, but unless he's been a demon on special teams, he doesn't look like he deserves a spot on the 53.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

You stop taking PEDs and you become tentative?  How about you start facing bigger, stronger players.  Nobody enters the NFL and reduces their PED intake.  This line of thought is so misguided, I can't believe somebody commented on it.  

Really, think harder...what if his motivation was to be good enough in college to get drafted high enough to earn him a decent payday that would fund what he really wants to do with his life? 

5 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Really, think harder...what if his motivation was to be good enough in college to get drafted high enough to earn him a decent payday that would fund what he really wants to do with his life? 

I am not big on buttfumbles, but the last thing you should be hitting me with is "Really."  If "his motivation was to be good enough in college to get drafted high enough to earn him a decent payday" he ****ed it up royally.  You think he used to know how to take PEDs, but now he doesn't bother because he "had a big payday?"  This theory keeps getting wackier. 

I earlier in the thread, I posted the figures for how much money he lost not going mid-first or 2nd.  If he gets cut now, he will have earned $1.1M of his $4.2M contract.  If what you are saying is true, he won't bother trying out for another team if/when he gets cut.  Wager? 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am not big on buttfumbles, but the last thing you should be hitting me with is "Really."  If "his motivation was to be good enough in college to get drafted high enough to earn him a decent payday" he ****ed it up royally.  You think he used to know how to take PEDs, but now he doesn't bother because he "had a big payday?"  This theory keeps getting wackier. 

I earlier in the thread, I posted the figures for how much money he lost not going mid-first or 2nd.  If he gets cut now, he will have earned $1.1M of his $4.2M contract.  If what you are saying is true, he won't bother trying out for another team if/when he gets cut.  Wager? 

Sure, it could be he is intimidated by the speed of the NFL game and the size of NFL players (although playing in the SEC one would think the step-up would not be extreme), or it could be he just stinks.  However you cannot deny it is possible he amped himself up for one season just to get a payday..evidence would be the fat gain after the season and his lack of enthusiasm for the game in combine interviews.  Maybe he really doesn;t want to be a pro football player and you know what, a $1.1M (guaranteed) pay day aint too shabby for a 21yo kid - its like winning the lottery.  Sure he probably ends up with about $600K after taxes and his agent's cut but that amount of money is enough to start a business, become a franchisee, get a graduate degree.  Just saying its a possibility.

12 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Sure, it could be he is intimidated by the speed of the NFL game and the size of NFL players (although playing in the SEC one would think the step-up would not be extreme), or it could be he just stinks.  However you cannot deny it is possible he amped himself up for one season just to get a payday..evidence would be the fat gain after the season and his lack of enthusiasm for the game in combine interviews.  Maybe he really doesn;t want to be a pro football player and you know what, a $1.1M (guaranteed) pay day aint too shabby for a 21yo kid - its like winning the lottery.  Sure he probably ends up with about $600K after taxes and his agent's cut but that amount of money is enough to start a business, become a franchisee, get a graduate degree.  Just saying its a possibility.

Makes perfect sense.  He juiced himself up for a big season in the SEC for draft position, then stopped, got fat, sh*t the bed in interviews because of his lack of enthusiasm for the game.  Can't be that he just isn't mentally or physically that good at football. 

21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

FWIW, when I saw him chasing that QB for the Saints I thought "damn, that safety should be faster."  That probably means he runs better than 4.8 - 5.0. 

It did look like he has decent speed on that play considering how fast they say Hill supposedly is

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Macc made bad picks?  What a surprise.

So just two questions:

1. People who were all deeply offended and butthurt angry that some of us wanted say, Chase Winovich over Polite, do you still feel that way?  Or would you today prefer Winovich or someone else at that pick?

2. People who blew off or were angry at fans who said "Fire Macc before the Draft, not after" still feel that way?  Do we think Douglas might have done a better draft job had he been in the job on Draft Day?

Just curious.

Well off first impressions it’s not a terrible draft. Although I do believe trading out would have bee our best option.

Personally I’d have taken Josh Allen, edge Rusher over spacing eating DT. Macc loves them and hated the Oline too.

His BAP philosophy never took into account that an average LT is better than a pro-bowl Safety.