In hindsight, how awesome was that Jets/Colts trade for Darnold?

On 8/25/2019 at 12:48 PM, Integrity28 said:

Bell, Osemele and Crowder are is the only players on that list to have seen 2nd contracts and produce more than 3 consecutive seasons of excellent/average play. I think you're grossly over-estimating how quickly "flashes in the rookie season" can turn out to be legit. Remember Dee Milliner's defensive player of the month "flashes"? How about how Geno closed out that one season with gaudy stats? When I say legit, what I'm implying is that there are not many players on this team that have proven over a series of seasons that they are contributors, stars and legit roster pieces. By the end of this year, the story may be different - but I tend to think in the present. As such, we're a very, very thin roster full of inexperience and "I hope he works out" players.

Geno was a one read qb playing on a team that overachieved

Milliner might have turned out ok but his body fell apart

Aside from secondary and OLB I like the jets roster.  Having a competent qb elevates the team

48 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

There is no observable evidence for evolution or the big bang. There is observable evidence of the biblical account.

I also have no problem with flat earthers. I've heard alot of the things they believe and even I see their points. 

My problem was your attempt to ridicule me based on a completely unrelated topic instead of answering simple questions. 

I think the theory of evolution is ridiculous, but I dont ridicule people for their position, that's the difference between us.

Saying that a belief is ridiculous is ridiculing those that hold the belief.

As usual, you have a very convoluted and explanatory way of not knowing wtf you’re saying.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Saying that a belief is ridiculous is ridiculing those that hold the belief.

This is a ridiculous belief.

As usual, you have a very convoluted and explanatory way of not knowing wtf you’re saying.

Saying that a belief is ridiculous to me is my opinion on the belief. 

Those folks who get butthurt by my view on what they personally believe isnt me ridiculing them. That's just them taking on and becoming their belief, and by doing so conclude that im somehow ridiculing them specifically. 

Example: It doesnt matter to me that your belief is that I dont know WTF im saying. And because it doesnt matter to me, there's no reason for me to feel offended. That's simply your belief. Maybe folks who believe what they believe should learn to do the same. Then they wont feel so ridiculed. 

48 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Those folks who get butthurt by my view on what they personally believe isnt me ridiculing them. That's just them taking on and becoming their belief, and by doing so conclude that im somehow ridiculing them specifically. 

Example: It doesnt matter to me that your belief is that I dont know WTF im saying. And because it doesnt matter to me, there's no reason for me to feel offended. That's simply your belief. Maybe folks who believe what they believe should learn to do the same. Then they wont feel so ridiculed. 

Werent you the one who was complaining about being ridiculed originally ?

44 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is how I am with expectations. 

I have zero expectations of other people so I am never disappointed. 

My wife used to say “aren’t you disappointed that your brother or sister or whomever didn’t do such and such?” and I’d say “no”.

She’d be incredulous and say “how can’t you be disappointed?” and I tried to explain (without much success) that because I didn’t have any expectations—actually zero expectations—I couldn’t be disappointed. 

Having expectations of other human beings just sets you up to be disappointed. 

Better to have no expectations and be surprised when folks do the right thing. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Go hug a tree before I give your a break. 

The destruction of our environment is one of the most important issues facing mankind today.

But quit changing the topic, we can discuss in the tree hugging thread

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Werent you the one who was complaining about being ridiculed originally ?

Showing how people resort to name calling or continuing to write in a thread that they're really not interested in outside of the purpose of indirectly talking crap about me isnt an empty complaint if I can prove it.

However, folks saying that im ridiculing them because I think that a belief is ridiculous and they happen to hold that belief is not the same. 

Can you finally answer my question now? :-) 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

This might be the dumbest sh*t I’ve ever read. But it does prove my point.

52 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

This is how I am with expectations. 

I have zero expectations of other people so I am never disappointed. 

My wife used to say “aren’t you disappointed that your brother or sister or whomever didn’t do such and such?” and I’d say “no”.

She’d be incredulous and say “how can’t you be disappointed?” and I tried to explain (without much success) that because I didn’t have any expectations—actually zero expectations—I couldn’t be disappointed. 

Having expectations of other human beings just sets you up to be disappointed. 

Better to have no expectations and be surprised when folks do the right thing. 

I have expectations, but not unwarranted expectations. 

I expect folks to do what they've always done. 

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Showing how people resort to name calling or continue to write in a thread that they're really not interested in outside of the purpose of indirectly talking crap about me isnt an empty complaint if I can prove it.

However, folks saying that im ridiculing them because I think that a belief is ridiculous and they happen to hold that belief is not the same. 

Can you finally answer my question now? :-) 

No but only because I have no clue the question in which you are referring

1 hour ago, CTM said:

The destruction of our environment is one of the most important issues facing mankind today.

But quite changing the topic, we can discuss in the tree hugging thread

Nothing to discuss. You hug them, I pee on them and Ape swings from one to another. It’s natural 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

There is no observable evidence for evolution or the big bang. There is observable evidence of the biblical account.

I also have no problem with flat earthers. I've heard alot of the things they believe and even I see their points. 

My problem was your attempt to ridicule me based on a completely unrelated topic instead of answering simple questions. 

I think the theory of evolution is ridiculous, but I dont ridicule people for their position, that's the difference between us.

Speciation has been observed in African cichlids and it isn’t much of a leap from speciation to evolution 

the Big Bang theory was more or less inspired by an observation and just recently the theory had been thrown into crises by discoveries that dark matter may be older than the Big Bang. I don’t like the assumption that the Big Bang is a beginning. I would imagine that the universe would eventually stop expanding and then possibly contract leading to the cycle repeating?

Flat earth isn’t worth responding to but the simple fact that you are alive to read this is proof that the earth is a sphere. The spinning molten metal core at the center of the earth rotates, giving the earth its magnetosphere. The magnetosphere protects the earths atmosphere from the solar winds. No core, no magnetosphere, no atmosphere, no life. The moon and Mars have dead cores. I would imagine a flat earth would suffer the unfortunate consequence of having the core fall out the bottom lol 

The next time you use gps, think about it and have a good laugh ?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Larz said:

Speciation has been observed in African cichlids and it isn’t much of a leap from speciation to evolution 

If any of the above was true, then why haven't we been able to observe this "not so much of a leap" in any form of life? 

Evolution is ridiculous and this speciation is just used to support a theory that has never had any actual analysis to support it. 

A pit bull and a dalmatian are both still dogs no matter how separate they are in terms of their breed. They. Are. Dogs.

the Big Bang theory was more or less inspired by an observation and just recently the theory had been thrown into crises by discoveries that dark matter may be older than the Big Bang. I don’t like the assumption that the Big Bang is a beginning. I would imagine that the universe would eventually stop expanding and then possibly contract leading to the cycle repeating?

All of this is essentially imagination based on inspiration. 

None of it is observable because it's nothing more than speculative theory pushed as the truth.

Flat earth isn’t worth responding

Then there's no reason to go any further on that subject. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

If any of the above was true, then why haven't we been able to observe this "not so much of a leap" in any form of life? 

Evolution is ridiculous and this speciation is just used to support a theory that has never had any actual analysis to support it. 

A pit bull and a dalmatian are both still dogs no matter how separate they are in terms of their breed. They. Are. Dogs.

All of this is essentially imagination based on inspiration. 

None of it is observable because it's nothing more than speculative theory pushed as the truth.

Then there's no reason to go any further on that subject. 

I’m a magic man who sits on a cloud granting wishes to rich athletes and celebrities while children starve, and even I think you’re off your rocker.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Amazing. Its the one trade Maccagnan made that made me giddy when it happened because I knew it was for a QB. Macc was pissed after Cousins played us for more Minny money.

I have inside information that Mac was praying for the third best QB in that class. The Old Testament kid.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, teh God said:

I’m a magic man who sits on a cloud granting wishes to rich athletes and celebrities while children starve, and even I think you’re off your rocker.

This provides nothing.

Are pitbulls and dalmatians not dogs though they are different breeds?

Is there observable analysis of evolution that I missed?

If so, instead of telling me about my rocker, just show the observable evidence.

It's that simple. 

And you spelled "the" incorrectly.