This Season

It's all over. In September! Look at the schedule. There are only 6 remotely winnable games. (Dolphins X2, Jags, Skins, Bengals, Steelers)

So 6-10 tops. Where does that put us in draft territory, most likely? 

Also, looking ahead to next year (I cannot believe I am saying this in September) can we dump enough cap to compete again in free agency or are we locked up in a lot of contracts?

DC

49 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

It's all over. In September! Look at the schedule. There are only 6 remotely winnable games. (Dolphins X2, Jags, Skins, Bengals, Steelers)

So 6-10 tops. Where does that put us in draft territory, most likely? 

Also, looking ahead to next year (I cannot believe I am saying this in September) can we dump enough cap to compete again in free agency or are we locked up in a lot of contracts?

DC

I was ahead of the curve on this on this. I didn’t delude myself. We will be 0-6 to begin the year.

Plus we will be competing with the Dolphins for #1 overall pick. The Jets can clear a lot of space by dumping bad contracts. We have the worst Oline in football right now, no corners or Edge rushers. Any Win after 0-6 start will be counter productive.

Im going to say we trade Bell before the mid-season break. The GM’s going to load up and Gase is one and done. My hot takes.