Robby’s tweet

prime21

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I've got a millennial cousin who is the queen of this.  You'll see a Facebook status like...

It's like....huh?  Take what?  What people?  What do they deserve?  What the hell is she talking about.  It's essentially attention seeking behavior.

My son does this.  Vague, meaningless and annoying. I just ignore these.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, CTM said:

Haha, ya I'm kind of wavering between "damn i've gotten old" and "danm everyone is a freaken idiot on social media"

Kids have always been idiots. Problem is in our day maybe the neighborhood knew about the stupid stuff you did but now kids have a global platform for their idiocy. If there was a permanent record of my youthful indiscretions, I would be unemployable. THAT is why I fear the influence of social media on my kids. What gets a “like” today gets a “bring your work badge and laptop to the conference room for a meeting with HR” years from now.

And of course the anonymous Twitter mobs are ruthless. There is no context, no explanation, no defense. “You did [some offensive thing by current standards] years ago. Your life must be destroyed.”

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Kids have always been idiots. Problem is in our day maybe the neighborhood knew about the stupid stuff you did but now kids have a global platform for their idiocy. If there was a permanent record of my youthful indiscretions, I would be unemployable. THAT is why I fear the influence of social media on my kids. What gets a “like” today gets a “bring your work badge and laptop to the conference room for a meeting with HR” years from now.

And of course the anonymous Twitter mobs are ruthless. There is no context, no explanation, no defense. “You did [some offensive thing by current standards] years ago. Your life must be destroyed.”

sh*t I'd be in Jail by todays standards. What a bunch silky little scared of our own shadows daisies the kids have become.

I was talking to my son the other day and he told me about an interview he was conducting for a position at his firm. The guy told him "My name is John and my pronouns are He, Him, and His". My son told him "We go by first names here to avoid any conflicts". The guy refused to be interviewed any further and walked out. I told my Son this: If that was me I would have said "My name is Tim and my pronouns are GO PHUCK YOURSELF". 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

It better be at least a #2 since Robbie is our #1 WR....?

Everyone is quick to complain that he's not a real 1 so move him but can you replace him with a 3rd?  Is it fair to expect a 3rd round pick to be as good or better? Not so sure, especially without having seen him in this offense, with Sam for almost the entire season.  He sure looked like a player I would want on the team v Dallas.  

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

sh*t I'd be in Jail by todays standards. What a bunch silky little scared of our own shadows daisies the kids have become.

I was talking to my son the other day and he told me about an interview he was conducting for a position at his firm. The guy told him "My name is John and my pronouns are He, Him, and His". My son told him "We go by first names here to avoid any conflicts". The guy refused to be interviewed any further and walked out. I told my Son this: If that was me I would have said "My name is Tim and my pronouns are GO PHUCK YOURSELF". 

Had an employee’s mother call me once asking why I gave her son a bad appraisal. Told her “because he doesn’t think for himself and never takes personal accountability for anything, which your call is validating nicely. Thank you.”

Obviously he then complained to HR saying I wasn’t authorized to discuss his performance review with his mother—despite that she clearly had already read it.

He was let go weeks later.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Everyone is quick to complain that he's not a real 1 so move him but can you replace him with a 3rd?  Is it fair to expect a 3rd round pick to be as good or better? Not so sure, especially without having seen him in this offense, with Sam for almost the entire season.  He sure looked like a player I would want on the team v Dallas.  

But all too often he looks the guy that we saw vs the Pats.

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Crazy sh*t man.

2 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

But all too often he looks the guy that we saw vs the Pats.

Which makes people forget how well he played against the Cowboys. 

Tough call but I think he plays better than what we could expect to have available in the 3rd, especially not knowing who would be available

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Which makes people forget how well he played against the Cowboys. 

Tough call but I think he plays better than what we could expect to have available in the 3rd, especially not knowing who would be available

That's why you don't let him go for anything less than a #2

• Upvote 1