Seriously?

Matt X

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

wut?  The comparison to other billionaires has no relevance at all. the comparison to Kraft has no relevance at all. 

Woodrow Johnson and Bob Kraft are literally 30th and 31st on the Forbes NFL owners list in terms of personal rank

the city of Green Bay Wisconsin is 32nd btw 

these are the two "poorest" owners in the league yet one find ways to win, by cheating, funnel TB12 money by giving him an office on the campus of foxboro etc

the other leaves the country and puts Fredo in charge 

there is a difference between a 4 billion Billionaire and a Larry Ellison/Jeff Bezos type 100 billionaire

in fact, if Woody Johnson wanted to buy the league right now the league would not approve his finances 

that's real talk 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Woodrow Johnson and Bob Kraft are literally 30th and 31st on the Forbes NFL owners list in terms of personal rank

the city of Green Bay Wisconsin is 32nd btw 

these are the two "poorest" owners in the league yet one find ways to win, by cheating, funnel TB12 money by giving him an office on the campus of foxboro etc

the other leaves the country and puts Fredo in charge 

there is a difference between a 4 billion Billionaire and a Larry Ellison/Jeff Bezos type 100 billionaire

in fact, if Woody Johnson wanted to buy the league right now the league would not approve his finances 

that's real talk 

The Johnsons are unintelligent morons.  We have all known that for the longest time.  Their wealth is irrelevant. Completely irrelevant to anything about how bad this team is.  It has to do with their inability to make good decisions. That is the problem.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

The Johnsons are unintelligent morons.  We have all known that for the longest time.  Their wealth is irrelevant. Completely irrelevant to anything about how bad this team is.  It has to do with their inability to make good decisions. That is the problem.

the decision not to spend to the cap most years, to skimp on HC hires (herm/rex/mangini/gase all cheap 1st timers), the doctors are butchers (trying to make KO play through a workman's comp issue), the scouts are terrible, etc

the cheapness trickles down from the top 

These moves like Bell and Joe Douglas are sold as "big" moves but they are not big enough to change anything... just keeping people interested as cheaply as possible 

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Bill Belichick was our coach. Then Woody happened. End of story.

Ouch. Now is not the time to open that wound. Bill Parcells is responsible for BB leaving & Payton Manning staying at Tennessee. Had Parcells not pulled that, hey, I'll move up into the front office stuff & just walked away one night Belichick would have stayed. He wanted out of Bills double ass shadow.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Mehta, Mehta, Mehta, I know your reading this right now because you use Jetnation to get a read on the average Jet fan. How do lose players that won't even be here AND THEY KNOW IT? 

Everytime Sam gets chased, or sacked or hit, do you honestly think players like Anderson, Bell & Crowder are thinking about quitting the Jets for the rest of their careers here? I doubt it, you know what their thinking? Their thinking HOLY SH*T our offensive line SUCKS! 

Bell, Crowder, Anderson, Mosely, Adams, Maye, they know this roster is horrible & will be completely turned over. They are not stupid. That doesn't mean they won't regroup next year. This seasons over, I know it, you know it, Gase knows it, JD knows it, CJ knows it. While most of you are doing victory laps claiming Gase is terrible & JD will fail, CJ is witnessing the sh*tshow created by Macc. You guys aren't sitting in a room with Gase, JD & CJ, maybe, just maybe, these guys are BRUTALLY HONEST with CJ & like us are telling him, dude, you have the worst roster in football! We need to completely revamp the Oline, we don't have 1 starter here that would start on any of the 32 teams in this league! And they would be speaking the truth! Joe Douglas wouldn't touch this dumpster fire without a 6 year contract, and you know what? He probably explained to CJ it might take 3 years to respectability it's so bad here. The only thing being decided by Gase/JD in the next 8 games is WHO IS STAYING. Most will be going! You guys wanted a rebuild, well this is gonna be one. No more signing average players, Enunwa, Winters, Roberts, Johnson, Beachum, to above average contracts. How long have Jet fans been asking for Winters to be replaced by a better player? Jets have never truly rebuilt ever. They have ALWAYS added an expensive luxury to a Pinto. Brace yourselves. 

I revised this. They have ALWAYS added an expensive Luxury (Le'veon Bell) to a Pinto. Gase WAS RIGHT. Sorry to break it to you but signing Bell with the sh*tstorm Oline they have here was just stupid! Its a WASTE of money that would have been  better spent elsewhere. And you know what? The oline sucks but Bell looks slow as sh*t! I watched Dalvin Cooks Sunday & that guys start & stop is ridiculous! Too bad we don't get chances to draft guys like that..wait wut? 

32 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Ouch. Now is not the time to open that wound. Bill Parcells is responsible for BB leaving & Payton Manning staying at Tennessee. Had Parcells not pulled that, hey, I'll move up into the front office stuff & just walked away one night Belichick would have stayed. He wanted out of Bills double ass shadow.

It was Woody Johnson coming in.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

It was Woody Johnson coming in.

All Woody had to do was step in say "take the reins" and Belichick would have been one happy Mofo. But Woody came in skipping, with his beanie cap on exuding great excitement that his momma bought him his own football team and BB mumbled to himself, get me the eff out of here. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I am at a loss right now for how screwed up this is. I really don't  know how CJ can be so screwed up to think the criticism  is unfair after you lose to a team that is literally built to lose. I mean did anyone know the name of even one player on the Fins before the game not named Fitzpatrick or Parker?

He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Never has worked a day in his life, has never earned a penny of his worth, and has never once faced an iota of adversity. You can't really be surprised by this.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Xtina said:

WHats your point? Im on record hating the hire IMMEDIATELY 

Lots of people liked the hire when it happen.  Most werent paying much attention to the dolphins, knew what he did with manning and were so excited we hired someone on the offensive side of the ball they ran with it.

But anyone with an ounce of football knowledge has watched this train wreck and now realizes how wrong they were.  Adam Gase is an adject disaster.

4 minutes ago, afjetsfan said:

Again, until we get new ownership the Jets are doomed to laughingstock status.

I dont agree with this.  We just need them to give Joe Douglas full power to make the decisions and we will be fine.

The johnson just need to write the checks and let Joe Douglas run the organization.

Now I am not saying Joe Douglas will make the right decisions.  he could be a total failure.  But if the Johnson get out of the way and let a GM who knows what he is doing run things, we will be just fine. 

Right now, they got bamboozled by old googly eyes and you will not win anything with this idiot running the show.  he ran the dolphins into the ground. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lots of people liked the hire when it happen.  Most werent paying much attention to the dolphins, knew what he did with manning and were so excited we hired someone on the offensive side of the ball they ran with it.

But anyone with an ounce of football knowledge has watched this train wreck and now realizes how wrong they were.  Adam Gase is an adject disaster.

Ok. I still don’t know what skeptable’s point is 

18 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

That doesn't  matter. You can still have a will to succeed 

There are tons of people in this world that have will to succeed, but never do. You need skill too. Regardless, what makes you think someone who has had everything handed to him in his life to understand the concept of hard work or desire? 

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

There are tons of people in this world that have will to succeed, but never do. You need skill too. Regardless, what makes you think someone who has had everything handed to him in his life to understand the concept of hard work or desire? 

If he had balls, he would have a better chance.

On 11/5/2019 at 8:45 AM, Apache 51 said:

JD quiet + CJ loud= Gase Gone

Looks like a PR move by CJ. What’s he supposed to say midway through the season: we suck, our coach sucks, our players suck.  He’s not firing Gase at the midpoint. He’s spinning this optimistic dribble to keep seats filled. Black Monday Gase will be history.