Mara not happy after the Game: EDITED

Jet_Engine1

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

Except they are all in rounds 3-7.  We cannot find them in the 1st two rounds.  Well except for Jamal.

Trade down...maybe twice.

I'd go from #5 back to #10, then again to #15 if it netted additional 2nd and 3rd round picks.

The Jets don't need the #3 or #5 player in the Draft.  They need 4 guys between 15 and 45.  Get me an OT, Center, Edge Rusher and WR.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That the hottest NFL HC seat in NY switched from Gase to Shurmur. I get what you’re saying btw but all the talk heading into this week was about Gase getting fired 

I get it, but that's just because the media is a clown show these days. 

If Shurmur was the coach of the Jets and gettleman was the GM they'd have been considered a joke long ago. 

You draft saquon and suck for his prime years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I'd go from #5 back to #10, then again to #15 if it netted additional 2nd and 3rd round picks.

The Jets don't need the #3 or #5 player in the Draft.  They need 4 guys between 15 and 45.  Get me an OT, Center, Edge Rusher and WR.

I pretty much agree.  I'd have to see what the actual board looks like in April, but yes, we could use a few top-50 picks.  I'd add CB to your list of positions as well.

A lot depends on the way the QBs fall.  Burrow might be the top guy now, with Tua right behind.  I'm not sure if there's anyone else that a team would pay big capital to move up for, but it seems to happen with QBs all the time even in the bottom half of the top-10 (Mahomes, Watson, Josh Allen to name a few).  There seem to be a few solid OT prospects this season (finally!) so I think moving down 5-10 spots and picking up some extra swag could be a solid move.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2019 at 5:08 PM, fullblast said:

But how would that look to prospective coaches???

I doubt they would want a prospective coach who doesn’t have the stones, confidence in his ability to do better.. imagine a prospective coach being that big of a wuss, “ no I don’t want that job now because I’m worried if I do horrible they will fire me too“ lol

21 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

We are going to win our way out of a top pick

Which I’m fine with I’m tired of 4-12 every year

40 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We are going to win our way out of a top pick

Which I’m fine with I’m tired of 4-12 every year

I'm tired of it too, but we're not winning more than 5 or 6 for sure.

Maybe the Jets end up drafting 9th or 10th.  I'd still trade back.  I want 5-6 picks in the first 3 rounds, even if our first one isn't until the 20's.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm tired of it too, but we're not winning more than 5 or 6 for sure.

Maybe the Jets end up drafting 9th or 10th.  I'd still trade back.  I want 5-6 picks in the first 3 rounds, even if our first one isn't until the 20's.

Gase goes 8-8 I will gladly eat crow