Sean McDermott-The most underrated coach in the NFL?

RonaldJet

How bout a gameplan to use him as complete receiver. Not just a guy that runs deep routes and screens like in zona. Josh Allen went from 52 percent completion percentage last year to 62 percent passer mediocre is darnold. Yes allen hasn't passed for 300 but he goes for 250 260 through the air and 40 to 50 on the ground. Josh Allen has improved by leaps this year. Sorry you just can't understand passing yards arent the only stat for a qb 
This Josh Allen is winning ... Period ... End of sentence.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

How bout a gameplan to use him as complete receiver. Not just a guy that runs deep routes and screens like in zona. Josh Allen went from 52 percent completion percentage last year to 62 percent passer mediocre is darnold. Yes allen hasn't passed for 300 but he goes for 250 260 through the air and 40 to 50 on the ground. Josh Allen has improved by leaps this year. Sorry you just can't understand passing yards arent the only stat for a qb 

Josh Allen took the 2nd yr jump we hoped Darnold would take. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

Wtf are you even talking about? I'm talking about John ******* Brown not being a career scrub that was changed from a pumpkin into a party bus by the amazing Josh Allen. Who THE **** is talking about Darnold vs Josh Allen?

23 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

WHAT??????????????????????  he has turned perenniel scrub John Brown into a pro bowler.  he has connected with john brown downfield for 20 plus yards, 14 times already this year.

He doesnt make players better my ass!

If Robby Anderson was on the bills hed have 1,000 yards and 8 tds already this year.  our qb cant hit him down the field if his life depended on it.

Last thing I read about was Allen - by the numbers, anyway - is the least accurate downfield QB in the NFL this year. Passes traveling 20+ yards downfield he's like a 20% passer.

I think you're conflating plays that eventually go for 20+ yards with passes that travel with 20+yds of air past the LOS. Allen has most definitely not hit Brown 20+ yards downfield 14x this year. He's hasn't hit anywhere near that for all his receivers combined. 

For all his arm strength, Allen has been a winner by being a short pass king and by running. Hey if his downfield completion rate is an embarrassment, and they're still winning with him moving the chains like Pennington with legs, then it'd be foolish for the coaches to deviate. 

I think you're wrong on Brown being basically a useless sack of crap until he met Josh Allen (never mind Anderson's would-be stats). Brown was also a ~70 ypg receiver just last year with Baltimore until Flacco was out for good, after which time his numbers fell off a cliff with how Mornhinweg (quite appropriately) tailored the offense to the rookie Jackson (Brown had like 100 total yds over Jackson's 7+ games). 

Brown's yardage and TDs per game with the great Joe Flacco of 2018 wasn't some night & day difference to his 2019 numbers with Allen. They're about the same; actually those weeks 1-9 with Flacco were nominally better numbers than weeks 1-9 with Allen, even with Flacco's neck problems in the last 2 of those starts. 

It's not to say Allen has been some failure. Just that he's not the magic man as a passer, let alone as a deep passer.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

2 exceptional rbs???  They have old man frank gore and a rookie who has done nothing in this league.

Tedd Ginn probably averages 15 yards a catch for a career.  That doesnt make you a good player.

Gore and singletary combine to average 107 yards per game. Singletary is averaging 5.6 yards per carry. Brown has 61 receptions.

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Tedd Ginn probably averages 15 yards a catch for a career.  That doesnt make you a good player.

Lol@probably. All your education and you don't know how to find out that it's actually exactly  14. You would also see that Ted Ginn is averaging 30 receptions per season for his career and has never sniffed a 1,000 yard sesson. But yeah, all things that have one thing in common are the same and I'm the dummy.

Btw, John Brown's longest reception of the season is 40 yards, so I guess he's hit him between 20 and 40 yards 14 times with no yac. Lmao

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

THIS!!!!!    The Johnsons are only looking to go 9-7, 10-6. NO respectable team would try to keep Fitz signed and pass on Mahommes and Watson while you have Fitz/McCown.  

Worse. Macc passed on Mahomes/Watson because that would basically be the same as admitting he whiffed on Hack the prior year.

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

WHAT??????????????????????  he has turned perenniel scrub John Brown into a pro bowler.  he has connected with john brown downfield for 20 plus yards, 14 times already this year.

He doesnt make players better my ass!

If Robby Anderson was on the bills hed have 1,000 yards and 8 tds already this year.  our qb cant hit him down the field if his life depended on it.

Team does well:

If you like the QB, he is “elevating the talent around him.”

If you dislike the QB, then the talent is “dragging him along for the ride.”

I’m a simple person. If a QB is producing yards and points then he is a good QB. If he is not, then he is not.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

This Josh Allen is winning ... Period ... End of sentence.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So I guess that explains how the Buffalo Allens are 19th in scoring, fifth in rushing, yet have the sixth best record in football, then?

Look at the teams that beat them in scoring like Detroit, Atlanta, TB and your period should be closer to a question mark. At the very least, it's a comma.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Lol yeah he's a whole 4 percentage points better with professional receivers, oline, a team that is actually good in comparison to other teams they play against. He's not expected to be the offense. 

Your point is silly.

But you guys told me for 2 years Allen was the next Hackenberg 

The Bills have 2 things the Jets don't have, a good offensive line & a top notch secondary with a strong front 7. The Jets have the strong front 7 if CJ & Avery weren't injured, but our CBs & Oline are not good. 

Im sure if you look at the Bills defense you'll see a high % of defensive stops, a very low % of opposing teams converting 3rd downs which provides for opportunities for Josh Allen & the offense. 

This is the exact opposite for the Jets. Andy Dalton was finding wideopen WRs all day Sunday. 

The only thing Josh Allen has done differently this year is to stop making mind numbing turnovers. The Bills are built to be in any game without turning the ball over. 

The other side of success for the Bills is the level of competition in the NFL is abysmal. The shear number of sh*tty teams in this league is at its level ever. Just look at the AFC West (Broncos, Chargers, Oakland (Jets beat them 34-3), the AFC East (Jets, Dolphins), and Pats have FINALLY come back to the pack a bit. Others teams are OK, but not great, Indy, Titans, Jax. The Steelers are taking advantage of this crappy AFC (Cincy was starting Finley), the Browns are Bi-polar (Much weaker without Garrett).

The NFC is the same way, the NFC East might have a 8-8, 7-9, division winner. And the Bills took advantage since the AFC East played the NFC east this year. Hell, we beat Giants, Skins, Cowboys & lost to Eagles with a practice squad QB. 

Because we have Sam Darnold (Thank God), we can catch up to Buffalo pretty quickly. JD needs to fix the Oline, #1 CB, #1 WR. Macc looks to have finally found a diamond in the rough in Austin, who has played REALLY WELL & should be much better with a full training camp. 

Jet fans almost forget that getting guys healthy next year will be like having another draft for veterans. No team has suffered as many injuries as the jets have this year. CJ Mosely is the best player on this entire team! If Jamal is the Prez, Mosely should be THE KING. 

So while Jet fans are screaming for Gase to be fired, I'm looking forward to Sam finishing the year strong, but losing for a higher pick at this point. Having year 1 for Joe Douglas to be in control of free agency & the draft, year 2 in the same system & a healthy more complete team next year with experienced depth (we had a lot of players get NFL experience this year), guys like QW, Hewitt, Shep, Foley, Phillips, Bless, Berrios, even Edoga. We also will get Herndon back after a lost season & have a trio of Herndon, Griffin & Wesco next year. 

I know I'm always considered an optimist here but getting Macc out of this organization was the best thing to happen to us after lucking into Sam Darnold in the draft. Joe Douglas has a 6 year contract. Rex Ryan went to back to back AFCCGs with Manginis group. Joe Douglas has to be our savior, and he's got the pedigree to understand what this team needs going forward. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/3/2019 at 9:58 PM, RonaldJet said:

Forget Sean McVay, why aren’t teams looking for the next Sean McDermott?

The guy is about the take the Bills to the playoffs for the 2nd time in 3 years.

Hes doing a great job developing a young QB

Hes created an identity (stout defense/physical football) that fits in perfectly with the western NY elements

They have had tremendous drafts since he’s been there which shows he’s got an eye for talent.

If the Bills can find the guy why can’t the Jets? Do we have to wait until Woody and Chris die like Bills fans had to do with Ralph Wilson? 

Some advice for the Johnsons on their next hire:

Dont worry about age, background, scheme, offense, defense, staff. 

Hire the guy you feel is best football coach willing to take the job. McDermott (a defensive coach) is doing a much better job with a Allen than Gase (QB Whisperer) is doing with Darnold.  Why? Because the support network McDermott put around Allen (HC, OC, QB coach) is better than Gase (who also had Head Coaching responsibility) and Loggains. 

this team had decent players before mcdermott took over.  the bills have always seemed capable of playing tough and the fact they are a cold weather team means they will be tough to beat if they get home field.  and allen does create some match up problems because he is capable of running.  it'll be nice to see them take out the patsies.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, rangerous said:

this team had decent players before mcdermott took over.  the bills have always seemed capable of playing tough and the fact they are a cold weather team means they will be tough to beat if they get home field.  and allen does create some match up problems because he is capable of running.  it'll be nice to see them take out the patsies.

Exactly. If Buffalo can overtake the Patriots, Joe Douglas can build this team to beat both. No way in hell, Josh Allen has a Tom Brady career with week after week of comeback wins. Brady leads every QB in the history of the game with 4th quarter comebacks. Be a helluva lot easier to get AS GOOD as the Bills with Allen, then it was trying to get as good as the Pats with Tom Brady at QB. 

On 12/3/2019 at 9:58 PM, RonaldJet said:

Forget Sean McVay, why aren’t teams looking for the next Sean McDermott?

The guy is about the take the Bills to the playoffs for the 2nd time in 3 years.

Hes doing a great job developing a young QB

Hes created an identity (stout defense/physical football) that fits in perfectly with the western NY elements

They have had tremendous drafts since he’s been there which shows he’s got an eye for talent.

If the Bills can find the guy why can’t the Jets? Do we have to wait until Woody and Chris die like Bills fans had to do with Ralph Wilson? 

Some advice for the Johnsons on their next hire:

Dont worry about age, background, scheme, offense, defense, staff. 

Hire the guy you feel is best football coach willing to take the job. McDermott (a defensive coach) is doing a much better job with a Allen than Gase (QB Whisperer) is doing with Darnold.  Why? Because the support network McDermott put around Allen (HC, OC, QB coach) is better than Gase (who also had Head Coaching responsibility) and Loggains. 

I think McDermott is a very good HC. I just don't agree with anything you're saying in that last paragraph.