Back from the 'Burgh!

StillerPaul

Well, i got back yesterday but took the day to REST and RELAX. LOL

My experience there for the Super Bowl victory parade was just a once in a lifetime thing, gang. We got soooooooooooo lucky. We were only a few feet from the parade route and got to see all the players and coaches up close! There were people hanging from trees, street signs and even a guy on top of a street light changer right beside us. My niece took plenty of pictures, as soon as she sends em' i'll try to get em' up somewhere for folks to view.

The weather wasn't too bad although it was pretty cold. I don't think any of us felt it much though. I'm finally getting my voice back and recovering from the whole emotional ordeal we've been through these past few weeks. For once in my life, i'm actually thanking god that we get a break from football. LOL

All in all it was a great celebration for us. I heard there were around 250,000 of us there and there was a total of only 34 arrests and no violence etc., so things went pretty smoothly.

Is it time to start worrying about the draft yet? LOL

Thanks again guys. I sure do hope you guys get to experience this soon too. Ya know, i was talking with alot of Steelers fans and not many of em' even remembered much of the 70's teams. This generation of Steelers fans finally got to see what it's like. Just reflecting back on the last couple of years, i personally didn't think Cowher would lead us to one of these. There definately is hope for you guys. I was convinced that we were a snake bitten franchise again and that our destiny was to contend often but never get to see the ultimate prize. As all my friends can attest, i now have to keep my complaining about coach Cowher to a minimum for the next 5 years. I can now say that the man shut me up. LOL

We got soooooooooooo lucky.

Stiller,

I have to give you a hell of a lot of credit for admiting that.

The only reason the Steelers won the Super Bowl was because of the lucky calls by the refs.

You fit in real well on this message board, because you make excuses for the refs like the majority of posters right here (right Assmop?).

Please win a Super Bowl title without the refs handing you the game.;)

Well, i got back yesterday but took the day to REST and RELAX. LOL

My experience there for the Super Bowl victory parade was just a once in a lifetime thing, gang. We got soooooooooooo lucky. We were only a few feet from the parade route and got to see all the players and coaches up close! There were people hanging from trees, street signs and even a guy on top of a street light changer right beside us. My niece took plenty of pictures, as soon as she sends em' i'll try to get em' up somewhere for folks to view.

The weather wasn't too bad although it was pretty cold. I don't think any of us felt it much though. I'm finally getting my voice back and recovering from the whole emotional ordeal we've been through these past few weeks. For once in my life, i'm actually thanking god that we get a break from football. LOL

All in all it was a great celebration for us. I heard there were around 250,000 of us there and there was a total of only 34 arrests and no violence etc., so things went pretty smoothly.

Is it time to start worrying about the draft yet? LOL

...Im so happy for you darling...I hope to one day experience the joy your feeling when my team wins one day. Hope you had a great time at the parade in the Burgh and get those pices to us ASAP!!...you got all year to enjoy this win.

Stiller,

I have to give you a hell of a lot of credit for admiting that.

The only reason the Steelers won the Super Bowl was because of the lucky calls by the refs.

You fit in real well on this message board, because you make excuses for the refs like the majority of posters right here (right Assmop?).

Please win a Super Bowl title without the refs handing you the game.;)

Yes the Steelers got at least 4 breaks from refs, they still had a great run beating all 3 top seeds

As fans we were robbed of a great game.

It is also not like this was Pitt's 1st SB, they have 4 legit titles on their resume.

Archived