Trade Adams

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Recent trades are showing more willingness to trade away more than a first for established elite players. There will like 4 or 5 just in the last couple years: Mack, Fitzpatrick, the Miami LT, Ramsey, etc...

One of 4 in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You asked if the Cowboys picked Adams and should the Jets spend a first on him. The Answer is absolutely no, but if you are talking about Balt, N.O., KC, or S.F., absolutely  if they think he can help win a playoff game. 

You're completely missing the point. Adams on the Jets is like putting a $5000 sound system in a '92 Hyundai Sonata. I mean, yeah it's impressive and does it's job well, but you're still driving a sh*tty 20 year old car with more miles on it than the space shuttle.

If they can recoup the 1 they got for drafting Adams plus another top 100 pick AND avoid paying him like the best S in the league that's a deal you have to make if you want to really get down to the business of fixing the Jet's ills long term.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

You're completely missing the point. Adams on the Jets is like putting a $5000 sound system in a '92 Hyundai Sonata. I mean, yeah it's impressive and does it's job well, but you're still driving a sh*tty 20 year old car with more miles on it than the space shuttle.

If they can recoup the 1 they got for drafting Adams plus another top 100 pick AND avoid paying him like the best S in the league that's a deal you have to make if you want to really get down to the business of fixing the Jet's ills long term.

Sorry, i don't  see the point in trading your best player on a team that is depleted of talent. You are trading an known for an unkown. That makes very little sense  to me. 

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Sorry, i don't  see the point in trading your best player on a team that is depleted of talent. You are trading an known for an unkown. That makes very little sense  to me. 

We're depleted of talent at premium positions, and especially on offense.  And that will be true whether we keep Jamal or not. 

That part should make perfect sense.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We're depleted of talent at premium positions, and especially on offense.  And that will be true whether we keep Jamal or not. 

Unless we are getting an absolute King’s ransom of picks we are better off keeping Adams 

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Unless we are getting an absolute King’s ransom of picks we are better off keeping Adams 

Well now we're just debating on what a "king's ransom" would be.  I'll take a 1st, 3rd, and 5th or 6th rounder for Adams.

The next piece of this would be, if we can't trade Adams, are you re-signing him to a new deal that would average at least $15M per?  I say no.

• WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jamal being a S doesn't  make a bit of difference. You can draft an edge or LT that are busts and been better pff keeping Adams because even though in your opinion  he doesn't  play a premium  position, he is a premium  player

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Jamal being a S doesn't  make a bit of difference. You can draft an edge or LT that are busts and been better pff keeping Adams because even though in your opinion  he doesn't  play a premium  position, he is a premium  player

It absolutely DOES make a difference.  

Yes, LT's and EDGE guys can bust.  That's part of the deal, because those are premium positions.  They're hard to find.  But you still need to draft LT's and EDGE guys, because you need them to win.

If you draft a SS high, he'd BETTER damn well be a great one to even come close to justifying that pick slot.  

The difference between Jamal Adams and Rontez Miles is not nearly as significant as the difference between Kelvin Beachum and a true franchise LT.  Hell, when Beachum went down with an injury, our OL operated like a turnstile.  Beachum's return was one of the most important moments of the 2019 season, and he's merely an average or below average starting LT.  

You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to positional importance, and it shows.  

55 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Sorry, i don't  see the point in trading your best player on a team that is depleted of talent.

Perhaps the idea is to accumulate additional talent at positions of need, like O-line and WR.

55 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You are trading an known for an unkown. That makes very little sense  to me. 

So, big fan of trading away all our "unknown" draft picks for "known" players then?

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You not understanding the point I'm making doesn't make me an idiot.

Warfish made a pretty similar point above and you said he was acting stupid too, so I know it's not just me.  What gives?

What gives? Warfish is asking queations that are not based in the reality and you are comparing a full time defensive player to a punter. 

You are both geniuses in your own minds. Congrats

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

What gives? Warfish is asking queations that are not based in the reality and you are comparing a full time defensive player to a punter. 

You are both geniuses in your own minds. Congrats

You still don't get it.  So I guess we'll leave it alone.