Trade Adams

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

I agree paying a safety an astronomical sum of money is stupid. Who were the safeties in the last 10 Super Bowls? 

What about when they are your best defensive player and the DC uses him as a hybrid player and he wreaks havoc on opposing teams offenses. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I have been okay with trading adams from day one but it would requite more than a 1st alone right now.  He is never going to have higher value.

I doubt very much if he gets dealt, some team would have to go crazy with an offer, which is possible, it would be a huge test of our GM if he gets a good offer.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

What about when they are your best defensive player and the DC uses him as a hybrid player and he wreaks havoc on opposing teams offenses. 

The problem is our safety being a hybrid is a hybrid because we have zero pass rushers and because your SS is a hybrid we have guys like Hewitt covering slot wrs half the time and getting burnt.

If the Jets are going to use adams as a hybrid they have to go our and get another cover safety. 

When you are essentially playing with only one true safety all the time you are giving up a lot as a defense

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, GumboBoat said:

Dallas or any other suitor that wants to give up a 1st. This draft is deep with WR and OL? Fantastic. All the more reason to gather more picks.

I love Jamal but his new contract is going to be a sh&t show on steroids. Now is the time to strike.

Fast forward 3 years....

Trade our All-Pro Offensive Guard (non-premium position).  We need a damn Safety!  These dudes can't stop a nosebleed and are afraid to tackle!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Please don't use any kind of logic or common sense on this board. Don't ever pay players and accumulate draft picks is way more important on this board than actually signing performing players to market value contracts. 

Those extra draft picks make the off-season Mock Drafts exciting and fun.  Way more fun then having quality players and possibly building a wining program.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, GumboBoat said:

Dallas or any other suitor that wants to give up a 1st. This draft is deep with WR and OL? Fantastic. All the more reason to gather more picks.

I love Jamal but his new contract is going to be a sh&t show on steroids. Now is the time to strike.

NO WAY. I am so sick and tired of armchair GM's on this board clamoring for him to be traded. 

Do you know why a team like Dallas always has a respectable or sometimes much better record? Because they don't trade their best players. They are always trying to stockpile talent. 

Do you know why the Jets always suck? Because they rarely if ever draft decent talent. In fact, they suck at drafting and in the off chance they actually do have a truly great talent in house? They've got a burning desire to trade that player because they think somehow that he's not a "value-added" position . I can't even begin to explain how insanely idiotic that is.

What should matter to all of the armchair GM's is that the Jets build on truly great players they have in house. That's the way a franchise wins a championship, not the nonsense comatose crap this teams management constantly practices.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, lounap23 said:

Please don't use any kind of logic or common sense on this board. Don't ever pay players and accumulate draft picks is way more important on this board than actually signing performing players to market value contracts. 

Those extra draft picks make the off-season Mock Drafts exciting and fun.  Way more fun then having quality players and possibly building a wining program.

Its always about the unknown here....let's trade (insert name) for draft picks so we can get better players....reminds me of theres always next year,next year is our year, next year we draft better, next HC will win a Super Bowl. 

50 years and counting.....................

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, GumboBoat said:

Early contender for 2020 JN Captain right here. Strong entry.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

NO WAY. I am so sick and tired of armchair GM's on this board clamoring for him to be traded. 

Do you know why a team like Dallas always has a respectable or sometimes much better record? Because they don't trade their best players. They are always trying to stockpile talent. 

Do you know why the Jets always suck? Because they rarely if ever draft decent talent. In fact, they suck at drafting and in the off chance they actually do have a truly great talent in house? They've got a burning desire to trade that player because they think somehow that he's not a "value-added" position . I can't even begin to explain how insanely idiotic that is.

What should matter to all of the armchair GM's is that the Jets build on truly great players they have in house. That's the way a franchise wins a championship, not the nonsense comatose crap this teams management constantly practices.

Take a deep breath. Addition by subtraction. The Jets needs to fill many holes. They need picks. And most importantly they need to protect Samuel and give him legit weapons.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We don't need him to play a LB spot when Mosely is back next year. So...he either run blitzes, blitzes, or he covers short. I'm not trading him for just a #1, but I believe JD was asking for a #1 & two #2s which is insane but at least he set his sights high. 

Be very hard not to trade a safety for #1 & a #2. I just don't think we're Super Bowl ready until hes close to his contract year, so then we'll be held hostage (distracted) by a safety & his agent? 

Imagine coming out of the 1st with a top Olineman & WR or a combo LT & Biadesz? Maybe Justin Jefferson or Tee Higgins in the 2nd? Ettienne? 

LT, C, WR, RB- Dream draft. It just strange but I'm thinking our needs are lining up with this draft & having an extra #1 & #2 would be insane. A game changer like the Saints 2017 draft. 

Just now, Jetster said:

We don't need him to play a LB spot when Mosely is back next year. So...he either run blitzes, blitzes, or he covers short. I'm not trading him for just a #1, but I believe JD was asking for a #1 & two #2s which is insane but at least he set his sights high. 

Be very hard not to trade a safety for #1 & a #2. I just don't think we're Super Bowl ready until hes close to his contract year, so then we'll be held hostage (distracted) by a safety & his agent? 

Imagine coming out of the 1st with a top Olineman & WR or a combo LT & Biadesz? Maybe Justin Jefferson or Tee Higgins in the 2nd? Ettienne? 

LT, C, WR, RB- Dream draft. It just strange but I'm thinking our needs are lining up with this draft & having an extra #1 & #2 would be insane. A game changer like the Saints 2017 draft. 

You're the smartest guy on this board. Next to me of course:) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GumboBoat said:

Take a deep breath. Addition by subtraction. The Jets needs to fill many holes. They need picks. And most importantly they need to protect Samuel and give him legit weapons.

You don't fill holes by trading All-Pro talent and your best defensive player. 

You build a winning team around players like Jamal Adams. 

8 minutes ago, GumboBoat said:

You're the smartest guy on this board. Next to me of course:) 

It's not fantasy that with an extra #1 & #2 we could come out of the draft with Wirfs-Biadesz-Ettienne-Jefferson. Could you imagine having that draft with a high #3 (Giants pick), and our #3 still to come? BAP (CB), BAP (Guard). All of the above & we haven't even talked about free agency Scherff & Ngokoue? 

You'd have to be nuts keeping a safety if something like the above could be pulled off! 

Imagine a Oline in 2021 (Wirfs-Scherff-Biadesz- 3rd Round Guard- BA Free agent RT after the 2020 season?

Id be losing my sh*t & it's not out of the question based on many, many mocks.

i want to make the playoffs in 2020, I want to be in serious consideration for the Super Bowl in 2021. This is how I'm hoping JD is thinking. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

It's not fantasy that with an extra #1 & #2 we could come out of the draft with Wirfs-Biadesz-Ettienne-Jefferson. Could you imagine having that draft with a high #3 (Giants pick), and our #3? 

Id be losing my sh*t & it's not out of the question based on many, many mocks.

I'm with you brother! It's time to load up that wagon with offensive studs.

34 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I agree paying a safety an astronomical sum of money is stupid. Who were the safeties in the last 10 Super Bowls? 

There have been some very good ones actually. Now I don't nec. agree that the Jets should shell out a massive contract for Adams or that trading him is not the better move considering where the franchise is right now. BUT great safety play is crucial to success in the NFL and Adams is a special player at safety. 

Starting from last year... 

Devin McCourty and Lamarcus Joyner

Devin McCourty and Malcolm Jenkins

Devin McCourty and Dashon Goldson

Roman Harper and TJ Ward

Devin McCourty and Earl Thomas

Michael Huff and Earl Thomas

Ed Reed and Dashon Goldson

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You don't fill holes by trading All-Pro talent and your best defensive player. 

You build a winning team around players like Jamal Adams. 

In this draft you do. Jets needs, Oline, WR. 4 picks in the first two rounds & two threes? Sign me up mofo. Maybe not if we were picking late but we're not picking late. There are players lining up perfectly with the Jets needs. 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

In this draft you do. Jets needs, Oline, WR. 4 picks in the first two rounds & two threes? Sign me up mofo. Maybe not if we were picking late but we're not picking late. There are players lining up perfectly with the Jets needs. 

Ive been hearing this for the last 15 years at least.