Monster Mash Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

No, really though I blame that on being on a tiny kindle fire not on being tired.

This screen is small and the browser can be pretty laggy. 

It probably skipped past his post when I refreshed and I didn't scroll back up.

Oh well it is what it is **** it.

We should never have been in that position up to deadline anyway.

MAke up your ******* minds and stop leaving it to last minute.

Just now, Nolder said:

No, really though I blame that on being on a tiny kindle fire not on being tired.

This screen is small and the browser can be pretty laggy. 

It probably skipped past his post when I refreshed and I didn't scroll back up.

Oh well it is what it is **** it.

We should never have been in that position up to deadline anyway.

MAke up your ******* minds and stop leaving it to last minute.

Yeah, no, never your fault.

The monsters bumbled around, trying to figure out who was guilty. There were lots of moans, and grunts, but they didn't seem to get anywhere. Lizzie was being creepy in the corner when a bag of sand fell from the rafters above and landed squarely on his head. 

Lizzie, Phantom of the Opera, vanilla town, is dead. 

It is now night, you have 24 hours to get your night actions in. 

So. Thoughts.

Knee Jerk reaction is to suspect Spoot. I'm supposedly clearing him so I should be his best friend and yet he not only doesn't follow my lead he takes several shots at me throughout the day until the end when he goes more or less rabid. Why he was even voting JC doesn't make sense to me with the posts he was making in my direction.

HOWEVER, taking a lesson I learned from @Integrity28 I am going to assume he is Dumb Town rather than Scum and here's why. As Ape says scum know what to avoid to make themselves from looking bad while Town just kind of derps into situation after situation and most of it doesn't look good on the surface. If Spoot was Scum he would know I am Town and should have either been more willing to ride me clearing him (which he did a little at first but not much) or at the very least protected me and fought against my lynch so that when/if I do die it makes him look better for having defended me. He didn't do those things. He took shots at me all day. Unless I'm badly misreading the situation (not an uncommon thing because I suck at this game) and he's Scum who thought I could be an easy lynch he could push then ok but that is an amateurish move which would leave him looking bad on D2 and not one which I'd like to believe Spoot would make anymore. Hopefully I'm not overestimating him here.

Kind of doing this backwards but let's talk about JC now. Like it or not I do believe Crusher had a good point in that he asked for a game but hasn't been around much. Yes it's outside the game but I can't unthink it now that it's pointed out to me. Also I don't like his conduct when he is around. His vote on Verb in post 247 when he was already voting Verbal was garbage. He was only voting Verbal because Verbal wasn't around (semi valid) but the re-vote while voting thing, while on meta for JC, is never something I've liked from him. And yes I had to go back and check to see why he even voted Verbal in the first place. He also hasn't been around since then while Verbal has checked in so it's not a good look all around. This is why he's my wildcard for scum.

Ok let's do Stark next. Stark came at Spoot early and then got thrown off by my "clearing" him. What didn't make sense was him almost obsessing over what role I had and whether Spoot was actually clear or not. First of all either accept it or don't I don't know why he went through the several posts he made. Secondly maybe Stark hasn't learned this yet (but 80 has and we'll get to that) but role claims, especially investigative role claims, usually work themselves out. You don't usually need to lynch the guy claiming to be cop or whatever unless there's a counter or it's late in the game. Usually if it's actually the cop (or equivalent) he'll eventually be killed or even if he isn't then people he investigated will be killed. Yes it gets more urgent the further in the game it is but this is D1 so there was no need to lynch me based on the claim alone. CTM recognized this and said as much. Post 271 Stark acts confused about my switching JC to my wildcard despite quoting the post where I fully explained why I was doing it and votes me. It looks to me like he was looking for an excuse besides my "claim" to vote me and found a weak and contrived reason for doing so. God forbid someone change their mind D1 in a mafia game lololol. A few posts later he piles it on thicker and accuses me of not answering any questions when he never asked me any. Just before deadline Stark claims he only voted me to judge reactions (LOL!) and votes JC whom he was upset with me initially for switching to my wildcard. Talk about inconsistent.

• Sympathy 1