The QB position has evolved. The future is here now.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

This thread and responses like this are just a small sample size in a long list of reasons that make it impossible for me to take you serious when it comes to the QB position.  The worst part is, you cant handle being challenged on it as seen by your responses to anyone in here who disagrees and the neg rep you gave me for calling out your hypocrisy.  That's why I stopped discussing this particular topic with you. 

I just couldnt contain myself given your strong hate (for the player, not the person) of Sam Darnold that you started this thread and classified your take with the criteria of "strong armed, mobile, elusive" ie; the exact description of Sam Darnold. 

Yeah Ive given up trying to having those type of conversations anymore with him.  Look fans can like any type of QB they want that’s perfectly fine but acting like we have a awful young QB is a bit of a stretch.  Let’s at least see what we have when he an actual decent OL and more talent around him before making judgments 

55 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Yeah Ive given up trying to having those type of conversations anymore with him.  Look fans can like any type of QB they want that’s perfectly fine but acting like we have a awful young QB is a bit of a stretch.  Let’s at least see what we have when he an actual decent OL and more talent around him before making judgments 

LMAO

Who saw this post coming?  

Oh wait...

I did.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Think we all have. Best to just let it be and pretend we don’t hear him when it comes to the 2018 QB Class.

• Upvote 2

Mahommes is a better version of Rodgers and is not a running qb. Smart,  decisive, accurate, aggressive and strong armed with mobility and athleticism statues like Brady can only dream of

Jackson is a much better version of Allen who stinks. Both are likely to get banged up and have thier game limited . I'd take Darnold over either long term, but Jackson for next 2-3 years, hes a phenom and had an amazing year

Darnold is a puncher not a boxer and not a good QB regardless of his situation. Questionable as to whether or not he ever will be.

Mayfield is a punk who got too big for his britches but is the most polished passer as shown by his 2018 season.

Kyler Murray went to a pretty poor team and had a damn good rookie year, better than any 2018 QB not named Jackson. I cant comment too much on his game though as I only saw the SF game.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

Darnold is a puncher not a boxer and not a good QB regardless of his situation. Questionable as to whether or not he ever will be.

LOOOOOOOOOOL.

I did always like the bolded line from you though. decent way to put it. Darnold will polish his “boxing stance” in time. Am I telling the future when I say that either? Nah. But i’m not questionable despite not having justifiable proof just what I gather from watching.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Think we all have. Best to just let it be and pretend we don’t hear him when it comes to the 2018 QB Class.

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

True

I'll make a deal with both of you.

The first season Darnold has a QBR in the top 2 of his class I'll tell you I was wrong, and apologize to the entire board for not seeing what so many others do in him. I think that's fair, and it isn't asking a lot, is it? He only has to do it once.

Until then, you'll just have to deal with the fact I was the first one here to say I didn't see the "elite skills" you do, and I keep pointing it out when people make him out to be what he hasn't proven to be. 've been right about that so far, and I was pretty good at predicting the others also. definitely better then most.

I had it

Mayfield

Jackson

Then Allen just ahead of Darnold and Rosen based on his potential.

So no I didn't have them in order, I had the top two reversed (at least for '19) but I have the top 3 correct through two seasons. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The first season Darnold has a QBR in the top 2 of his class I'll tell you I was wrong, and apologize to the entire board for not seeing what so many others do in him. I think that's fair, and it isn't asking a lot, is it? He only has to do it once.

Until then, you'll just have to deal with the fact I was the first one here to say I didn't see the "elite skills" you do, and I keep pointing it out when people make him out to be what he hasn't proven to be. 've been right about that so far, and I was pretty good at predicting the others also. definitely better then most.

I had it

Mayfield

Jackson

So no I didn't have them in order, I had the top two reversed (at least for '19) but I have the top 3 correct through two seasons. 

How about nooooooooooooo *in my Dr. Evil voice*

you have made your mind up. Don’t change when Darnold progresses.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I had it

Mayfield

Jackson

Everyone is aware of your opinion. You've repeated it often enough, now. It's when you continue to post the same opinion over and over about the Jets starting QB on a Jets message board, feeling the need to respond to multiple posts over multiple threads whether directed at you or not, that you've now descended into trolling. Either ease up, or expect to be treated like a troll. 

Pro tip: trolls generally eventually get banned. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

LOOOOOOOOOOL.

I did always like the bolded line from you though. decent way to put it. Darnold will polish his “boxing stance” in time. Am I telling the future when I say that either? Nah. But i’m not questionable despite not having justifiable proof just what I gather from watching.

I like him and am optimisitc.

Which is why we better have a god damn offense focused off season or I'll be getting a fire douglass billboard :)

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I like him and am optimisitc.

Which is why we better have a god damn offense focused off season or I'll be getting a fire douglass billboard :)

If Douglas doesn’t do the blatantly obvious this offseason, it will be painfully telling from even his first offseason that he isn’t the guy.

I think he at least puts us in the right direction if all else is a failure with him. Seems to have some kind of clue, thankfully.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, slats said:

Everyone is aware of your opinion. You've repeated it often enough, now. It's when you continue to post the same opinion over and over about the Jets starting QB on a Jets message board, feeling the need to respond to multiple posts over multiple threads whether directed at you or not, that you've now descended into trolling. Either ease up, or expect to be treated like a troll. 

Pro tip: trolls generally eventually get banned. 

Okay.

I won't mention Darnold or reply to any posts about him again until next season.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Okay.

I won't mention Darnold or reply to any posts about him again until next season.

What is it with you guys. Calm down a bit on Darnold.doesnt mean never mention him 

Its similiar.to this idea that you either have to love hate a player. 

No room for nuance 

5 hours ago, JiF said:

I dont typically comment on anything the OP says about QB's because I find his takes and evaluations beyond puzzling and flat out wrong (as we see on display here in this thread).  But I felt completed to call out the hypocrisy of his thread since others have already pointed out how utterly inaccurate it is.  What's ironic is the OP hates Sam Darnold and thinks he's the worst QB in the league, yet the one true undeniable feature that Sam presents as a QB is that he is "strong armed, mobile and  elusive".   If it werent for those abilities, he wouldnt have gone 7-6  as a starter behind a historically bad OL, running for his life with no real supporting cast around him.  It was basically the only positive feature of the the offense in 2019.  Yet, here we are talking about how Josh Allen is changing the game of Football. 

The lengths this troll goes to push his agenda. Now he’s starting threads to praise every young QB (except Darnold) while calling their impact on the game an evolution. He then calls Fitz the best QB in the afce this year so that when someone brings up Darnold, he gets to say “see you guys can’t help but bring up Darnold. Who saw this coming?” And even after repeated discussions showcasing why QBR is not a good metric, he still sticks to it just like he kept sticking to calling Baker the OROY last year even when we told him he didn’t win it. Meanwhile, using DVOA or DYAR would work within the confines of his agenda too. As you said, it’s not even worth discussing with him anymore, but just like I enjoy watching Baker crash and burn, you better believe I’ll be tuning in to his threads/posts to watch him do the same!

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The lengths this troll goes to push his agenda. Now he’s starting threads to praise every young QB (except Darnold) while calling their impact on the game an evolution. He then calls Fitz the best QB in the afce this year so that when someone brings up Darnold, he gets to say “see you guys can’t help but bring up Darnold. Who saw this coming?” And even after repeated discussions showcasing why QBR is not a good metric, he still sticks to it just like he kept sticking to calling Baker the OROY last year even when we told him he didn’t win it. Meanwhile, using DVOA or DYAR would work within the confines of his agenda too. As you said, it’s not even worth discussing with him anymore, but just like I enjoy watching Baker crash and burn, you better believe I’ll be tuning in to his threads/posts to watch him do the same!

Well he has been warned to knock it off.  Other than the Darnold subject 14 in Green is a ok guy

33 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Greenwhichjestfan and jif is about as unholy an alliance as I can think of.

Yuck

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

What is it with you guys. Calm down a bit on Darnold.doesnt mean never mention him 

Its similiar.to this idea that you either have to love hate a player. 

No room for nuance 

It's not that at all. 

if I can't explain a contrary position well enough to not come off as a troll, or when I want to give an opinion within the rules without it being considered trolling, I have two choices.

1. Stop talking about that position

2. Ignore the mod and be threatened with a banning again, or be banned

I chose the former. Nuance, while subtle, is overrated. ?

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It's not that at all. 

if I can't explain a contrary position well enough to not come off as a troll, or when I want to give an opinion within the rules without it being considered trolling, I have two choices.

1. Stop talking about that position

2. Ignore the mod and be threatened with a banning again, or be banned

I chose the former. Nuance, while subtle, is overrated. ?

Shut ya trap trawl

• Haha 2