Jump to content
TNJet

I Have a Feeling..

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TNJet said:

No I just can't wait for it to happen. We can finally have an offensive line again and compete in the playoffs since a fckin decade. Or we could keep captain big mouth and stay 6-10 next season.

Got news for you, it's  not happening. 

There is no reason to trade the guy with 2 years left on his deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Ah, but I never said I think "Adams is a major game breaker special" in this thread. 

What I said was "why do the guys who keep saying all the crap about him in these various Adams threads, think that other teams will be so quick to give up more then a 1 and a 3 for him?"

Because he talks so much on Twitter he has GMs around the league believing he's the second coming of Ed Reed. He's not. Dude couldn't cover me on a post pattern. He's just a small linebacker. Might as well have kept Lee around, oh but everyone disliked Lee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

"why do the guys who keep saying all the crap about him in these various Adams threads, think that other teams will be so quick to give up more then a 1 and a 3 for him?"

Because I believe there are NFL Execs who, like so many here at JN, think Adams is great and makes a difference.

And to be clear, I don't "say crap" about him.  He's very good.  He simply plays a luxury position of minimal impact, in my view.  I value OL and WR > Safety.

His online talking is not my cup of tea, but irrelevant to my view on retain vs. trade.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Got news for you, it's  not happening. 

There is no reason to trade the guy with 2 years left on his deal. 

JD listened once he'll listen again come draft day. He's a former G, he knows how bad our oline is...he knows we have a good fs in Maye. You're Jamal love is quite a turnoff btw lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SAR I said:

I have a feeling that Jamal Adams is getting a long-term contract and will retire as one of the most respected Jets of all time.

SAR I

Safeties. Investment gold. Amirite?

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TNJet said:

JD listened once he'll listen again come draft day. He's a former G, he knows how bad our oline is...he knows we have a good fs in Maye. You're Jamal love is quite a turnoff btw lol

What is a turnoff are people who can't  have an original thought and have to keep vomiting  the same exact crap with the same exact talking points that have been posted here since the trade deadline past. 

If a deal was going to be made, that is when it would have happened. This idea you all have that he is worth multiple picks is ludicrous.  If he was offered a first and turned it down, what makes you think he will take it now? 

My point is all the things you mentioned can be fixed while keeping Adams if JD is as good as everyone says he is. This is an incredibly deep draft at OL, possibly the deepest ever. There will be solid picks at that position into the third round. JD should be able to draft Lamb or Jeudy in the first and still come away with three other guys that will upgrade the OL. Anyone that thinks the only way we can fix it is trading Adams has no faith that JD can properly run a draft. 

Oh, btw, Maye sucked last season. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Because I believe there are NFL Execs who, like so many here at JN, think Adams is great and makes a difference.

And to be clear, I don't say crap about him.  He's very good.  He simply plays a luxury position of minimal impact, in my view.  I value OL and WR > Safety.

His online talking is not my cup of tea, but irrelevant to my view on retain vs. trade.

Do you really think Adams had a minimal impact on the Jets last season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Because I believe there are NFL Execs who, like so many here at JN, think Adams is great and makes a difference.
And to be clear, I don't say crap about him.  He's very good.  He simply plays a luxury position of minimal impact, in my view.  I value OL and WR > Safety.
His online talking is not my cup of tea, but irrelevant to my view on retain vs. trade.
One could argue any position is a luxury position with minimal impact. Look at the last 49ers game, I could say qb was a luxury position with minimal impact and I could have some very valid points. If we are being fair to Adams though he has had games where his impact was minimal but he has also had plays that have resulted in our team winning a game. I don't understand how people get so caught up with thinking one position is more valuable than another to the point of thinking you can just toss away a great player from one of the "bad" positions and replace him with anyone from an important position and somehow upgrade the team. Football is a team sport and every position is important.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TNJet said:

Just as good if Jamal didnt play

Jets were 1-2 in the games that Jamal missed due to injury. 

We were 6-2 in that span. So 5-0 with Jamal, 1-2 without.  He sucks.  

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TNJet said:

No I just can't wait for it to happen. We can finally have an offensive line again and compete in the playoffs since a fckin decade. Or we could keep captain big mouth and stay 6-10 next season.

We don’t need to lose our best player to improve the OL. The two are mutually exclusive. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

What is a turnoff are people who can't  have an original thought and have to keep vomiting  the same exact crap with the same exact talking points that have been posted here since the trade deadline past. 

What if, hear me out now, WHAT IF, these talking points keep getting recycled because....they’re valid and people are opening their eyes. wild concept, I know.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

If a deal was going to be made, that is when it would have happened. This idea you all have that he is worth multiple picks is ludicrous.  If he was offered a first and turned it down, what makes you think he will take it now? 

Not true at all lol. Is there some sort of offseason trade deadline? No. The difference the offseason brings is that we’re in full scout mode now, if JD and his crew spot two players they absolutely love and must have on this team, an extra first round pick would be exactly what they need to make that reality. With more time to scout comes more time to become enamored with this class.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

My point is all the things you mentioned can be fixed while keeping Adams if JD is as good as everyone says he is. This is an incredibly deep draft at OL, possibly the deepest ever. There will be solid picks at that position into the third round. JD should be able to draft Lamb or Jeudy in the first and still come away with three other guys that will upgrade the OL. Anyone that thinks the only way we can fix it is trading Adams has no faith that JD can properly run a draft. 

This is not the deepest OL draft ever lol. It’s a nice decent one at Guard and a better one at Tackle but absolutely lacks at Center. Adam’s being traded doesn’t just give us a pick either, it frees up future money that can be allocated else where. JD doesn’t fail or succeed by pleasing you and others here by keeping a strong safety. It doesn’t make him less at all, what makes him less is if he cannot hit on picks, pretty much the standard for any unproven GM. Jamal Adam’s roster security is irrelevant if JD is a good drafter. 

 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh, btw, Maye sucked last season. 

Mate actually showed improvement in coverage and run support. Has he ever really had a “bad” game that you can remember off the top of your head? No. He constantly grades out with high marks thru out this year and had several really big moments from the blanket coverage in the Steelers game or the hard hitting/secure tackling in the Bills game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/jets/2019/11/this-player-is-jets-hidden-underrated-gem.html%3foutputType=amp

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/marcus-maye-pff-grade-92-3-2nd-best-safety-of-week-1-in-the-nfl.92771/

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jets were 1-2 in the games that Jamal missed due to injury. 

We were 6-2 in that span. So 5-0 with Jamal, 1-2 without.  He sucks.  

SAR I

Our best player will be here after Jamal is traded. Sam will be here quite a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Do you really think Adams had a minimal impact on the Jets last season?

Marcus Maye did just as much when you consider his coverage ability is better than Adams' and he's a very u underrated tackler as well. Jamal just told everyone how great he was on social media each week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Safeties. Investment gold. Amirite?

All Pro’s and team leaders are.  Yup. 

SAR I

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

All Pro’s and team leaders are.  Yup. 

SAR I

If individual accomplishments are your thing, sure. Call me crazy, but I'd rather allocate resources in way that produces a contending team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

All Pro’s and team leaders are.  Yup. 

SAR I

Leader, schmeader.

Guy went crazy when he thought he was getting traded. Went on online and blasted his GM without talking to him first. Very leader-like. Truly something the rest of the 53man roster can look up to. What a way to set the example.

He turned on the entire organization publicly because he heard JD took a call!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

 

Oh, btw, Maye sucked last season. 

Oh? Where's the evidence in this? Bs argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Leader, schmeader.

Guy went crazy when he thought he was getting traded. Went on online and blasted his GM without talking to him first. Very leader-like. Truly something the rest of the 53man roster can look up to. What a way to set the example.

He turned on the entire organization publicly because he heard JD took a call!

Yet nobody here will acknowledge this.  Adams was waaaay too quick to throw Douglas and everyone under the bus the moment Manish or whoever tweeted it.

Leader?  Hardly.  He's an infant with respect to his own self-image.  The world revolves around Jamal.  People don't understand that a narcissist like Adams can NEVER be a good leader.  But that's ok if he produces on the field.  I don't want Adams here because he is a so-called "leader" (which IMO, he is not).  I want him here because he produces on the field.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If individual accomplishments are your thing, sure. Call me crazy, but I'd rather allocate resources in way that produces a contending team.

Guys that walk the walk are team leaders and lead by example. If Jamal sucked there would be no conversation to be had. Fact is ... He is a tremendous talent and if he continues on his trajectory ...could be one of the all time greatest safeties.

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Oh? Where's the evidence in this? Bs argument.

Since Jet fans like to let PFF do the talking for Adams, I guess it’s only fair they acknowledge Maye was a top 5 Jet in PFF ratings for the 2019 Season.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What if, hear me out now, WHAT IF, these talking points keep getting recycled because....they’re valid and people are opening their eyes. wild concept, I know.

Not true at all lol. Is there some sort of offseason trade deadline? No. The difference the offseason brings is that we’re in full scout mode now, if JD and his crew spot two players they absolutely love and must have on this team, an extra first round pick would be exactly what they need to make that reality. With more time to scout comes more time to become enamored with this class.

This is not the deepest OL draft ever lol. It’s a nice decent one at Guard and a better one at Tackle but absolutely lacks at Center. Adam’s being traded doesn’t just give us a pick either, it frees up future money that can be allocated else where. JD doesn’t fail or succeed by pleasing you and others here by keeping a strong safety. It doesn’t make him less at all, what makes him less is if he cannot hit on picks, pretty much the standard for any unproven GM. Jamal Adam’s roster security is irrelevant if JD is a good drafter. 

 

Mate actually showed improvement in coverage and run support. Has he ever really had a “bad” game that you can remember off the top of your head? No. He constantly grades out with high marks thru out this year and had several really big moments from the blanket coverage in the Steelers game or the hard hitting/secure tackling in the Bills game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/jets/2019/11/this-player-is-jets-hidden-underrated-gem.html%3foutputType=amp

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/marcus-maye-pff-grade-92-3-2nd-best-safety-of-week-1-in-the-nfl.92771/

There is actually too much here to address in one response but I'll try.

The recycling  is not needed. The OP could have used the search to bring up the last thread on this which was about 2 weeks ago. The same posters still have the same positions. Are they valid, imo I would say no. Adams has not shown signs of wanting to hold out, there have been no leaks about hin seeking a record contract, and he is on his rookie deal. We will never have him at a value of this type ever again and should take full advantage of it. 

As far as the deal being made at the trade deadline instead of before the draft, there is a saying in business, your first offer is usually  your best offer. We might not see another offer for Adams that high again because the Cowboys at the time were loading up for a playoff run and probably thought adding Adams could push them over the hump. What hump are teams trying to get over now? As far as trading multi picks for a single player, how often has that worked out. When we got two first rounders for Key, do you really think Key was the reason Tampa won the SB? Key was outplayed by Chrebet in a game against the Jets where he went I think he went catchless and Chrebet caught the game winning TD. How did Minnesota  trading all that capital to get Walker workout? DItka trading out of an entire draft to take Waters? There is only one position  you can point to where it makes sense, QB. Adams is not a QB so unless we have a GM that does something stupid, we likely  don't  get a multi pick deal for Adams. This is the point most people are trying to make with Adams, get a multi pick package. It just is not reality. Right now I doubt we would get more than a second rounder for him due to the big payday he is going to have. 

As far as OL in this draft, i have read in a bunch of draft articles this is the deepest draft at OL and WR we have seen in decades. If you don't  want to agree, it's  your prerogative.

As far as Maye, Maye is the guy you want to see preventing deep plays, making picks, and helping out DB's. I guess this is why I don't  grade the position because I didn't  see much impact from him in any of those places but I do remember a few blown coverages. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

If individual accomplishments are your thing, sure. Call me crazy, but I'd rather allocate resources in way that produces a contending team.

We contended this season. We had the second best record in the NFL the back half of the year. Build on that. I trust Douglas. Let’s see what he thinks and does. This is just silly fan noise.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TNJet said:

This mofo will demand the highest SS salary ever. I'd rather save some for a position of impact. 

He Fo's his Mo ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

and if he continues on his trajectory ...could be one of the all time greatest safeties.

And the Jets will still win 5-8 games a year with the roster’s current trajectory or our premium positions current trajectory.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Leader, schmeader.

Guy went crazy when he thought he was getting traded. Went on online and blasted his GM without talking to him first. Very leader-like. Truly something the rest of the 53man roster can look up to. What a way to set the example.

He turned on the entire organization publicly because he heard JD took a call!

He felt betrayed. Then he didn’t. And once that was cleared up we went 5-0 with him in the lineup. 

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EM31 said:

He Fo's his Mo ????

Probably fo's Hoes if I know Jamal like I think I do...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And the Jets will still win 5-8 games a year with the roster’s current trajectory of our premium positions current trajectory.

Man, your hot right now...lol totally my point. Id rather win the trenches, and score points and make the playoffs than win twitter wars and end up 6-10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Marcus Maye did just as much when you consider his coverage ability is better than Adams' and he's a very u underrated tackler as well. Jamal just told everyone how great he was on social media each week.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-jamal-adams-is-playing-at-an-elite-level-after-a-substantial-second-year-leap

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He felt betrayed. Then he didn’t. And once that was cleared up we went 5-0 with him in the lineup. 

SAR I

Just because you feel betrayed doesn’t make it okay to completely go ape sh*t on the GM via Twitter. He is suppose to be a professional athlete. This type of thing does not get a pass because he was in his feelings over it. That is not what men do, that is not what professionals do who are suppose to be one of the faces of their franchise. You do not give the media, especially the NY media, that kind of ammo. He knows what market he is in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2020 at 10:59 AM, HighPitch said:

Please everyone, share your random feelings.

Isnt that what a forum is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We contended this season. We had the second best record in the NFL the back half of the year. Build on that. I trust Douglas. Let’s see what he thinks and does. This is just silly fan noise.

SAR I

There's no scenario where you could say the Jets contended last season. I love the finish but when you start off 1 and 100 that's not contending.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

My eyes

Apparently only your ears are working, you just hear Jamal's mouth and chest pounding.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Guys that walk the walk are team leaders and lead by example. If Jamal sucked there would be no conversation to be had. Fact is ... He is a tremendous talent and if he continues on his trajectory ...could be one of the all time greatest safeties.

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Great, then his trade value should be pretty high

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maxman said:

There's no scenario where you could say the Jets contended last season. I love the finish but when you start off 1 and 100 that's not contending.

1-7 followed by 6-2 with the injury situation getting worse, not better, is impressive.  Like you say, we have to love the finish and the effort. And that’s coaching. Good coaching. 

Not contending for a playoff spot; but contending in individual games. Competing at a high level when a team usually checks out.  I feel great about what I saw. Jamal was a big part of it. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...