Raven Tag Judon

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They tagged him as an OLB which is less money than DE or edge or whatever. That should make him happy. 3 million less from what I’ve read. 

DeForest Buckner just lost two million because he's classified as a DT now because the Niners switched his tag designation.  Funny.  I thought they had him splitting time at end sometimes.  Guess he is a DT full time in that scheme.  No wonder the owners won't even talk about ending franchise tagging.  It's so useful in cutting costs.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They tagged him as an OLB which is less money than DE or edge or whatever. That should make him happy. 3 million less from what I’ve read. 

10 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

DeForest Buckner just lost two million because he's classified as a DT because they switched his tag designation.  Funny.  I thought they had him splitting time at end sometimes.  Guess he is a DT full time in that scheme.

I think they arbitrate these things.  I am sure that their agents are on it.  The team doesn't just get to pick any slightly plausible position.  I know that when Jimmy Graham was tagged, his agent tried to argue that he was a slot WR and not a TE because the figure was higher. 

FWIW, DE $19.3M, LB $16.2M DT: $15.5M

WR: $18.4M  TE: $11M