Giants Expected to Tag Leo

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is one of those scenarios where Gettleman may be a bit stuck. Leo seems to think he's worth more than he is. That poses a problem because he won't just sign a solid deal before seeing what the market is. Gettleman really can't let him walk because then he gave two picks for a 6 game rental. That's worse than overpaying for a solid, albeit unspectacular player. He needs to sign him and the value of a 4th vs a 5th is much less than a 3rd and 5th for 6 games. 

He's totally stuck. Sorta like Macc when the trade offers for #3 in last years draft we're equal to what he gave up to move to the same spot the year before. Macc was stuck in his own mind, just like Gettleman is now, and he took the "safe" player in Q. The truth is that Macc should have taken whatever trade back value was there and Gettleman should let leo walk imo. 

But hey... I like a 2021 4th, :) 

He's not stuck. He made a terrible trade, and now he's making another terrible decision. He's letting loss aversion cloud his judgement. Yeah, letting him go after a 6-game rental looks bad. But you know what looks worse? Making a bad trade and making a bad franchise tag.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

Textbook example of how management in every field would rather double down on a bad decision than simply admit a bad decision.

sh*t like this is why there's coronavirus.

Exactly this. Gettleman made a massive mistake. He had the chance to not make another, but he feared backlash if he let Williams go. And the cycle continues.

I pray for the day when I work under a manager that doesn't let past decisions cloud future judgement.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

My understanding was if Leo is on the team as of the new league year. The same way Bell was tagged by the Steelers but never signed so he was never actually under contract.

We'll get a 3rd and a 5th from this unless Leo signs the tag, but he won't. At least not before the deadline.

I see. When someone is franchised they can still work on deals elsewhere but then the team has to give 2 firsts right?  Could you imagine if the Giants got 2 1sts for him?   Gettleman would be a legend!!  JD? not so much. 

1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

He's not stuck. He made a terrible trade, and now he's making another terrible decision. He's letting loss aversion cloud his judgement. Yeah, letting him go after a 6-game rental looks bad. But you know what looks worse? Making a bad trade and making a bad franchise tag.

Not immediately it doesn't. And there is always the possibility that leo plays well enough to justify it. It's not so much loss aversion when you can delay the process with potential gains. The league at large still likes leo and think he has the potential to be a very good player. He is at minimum solid.  We are just done with the project and took what we could for him. he's still young and there is still potential. letting him walk looks terrible right now. Signing him looks like Gettleman made a move that he is committed to. The potential for success remains.  

Gettleman is stuck.  lol 

21 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I see. When someone is franchised they can still work on deals elsewhere but then the team has to give 2 firsts right?  Could you imagine if the Giants got 2 1sts for him?   Gettleman would be a legend!!  JD? not so much. 

Haha I suppose that is an option, although I'll eat my pilot hat if it happens

• Haha 1