Witten to the Vegas Raiders

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

weird signing to me...  i guess more 2 TE sets

J Gruden can never have enough Te’s on his roster.   Raiders probably carry four Te’s this year.   Gruden plays a lot of two Te formations. Occasionally playing three at one time.  All the Raider Te’s can block , and catch. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

J Gruden can never have enough Te’s on his roster.   Raiders probably carry four Te’s this year.   Gruden plays a lot of two Te formations. Occasionally playing three at one time.  All the Raider Te’s can block , and catch. 

Him and Waller actual THREATS

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Him and Waller actual THREATS

All Raider Te’s are threats.  D Waller - just scratching   the surface of his ability, and Last year rookie Te Foster Moreau ( idolized J Witten growing up) can learn so much from experienced Te like Witten.     Derek carrier - is more H -back type with Wr speed.   Witten is the mentor, and red zone target.

gruden likes having old veterans as mentors to the young guys. Why I expect V Burfict to be back with the Raiders at Lb.   ( despite a hit away from lifetime suspension-  Knows the defense inside out, and probably lines up at the Sam position.(where they only play about 30% of the time) .  

Just now, Raideraholic said:

All Raider Te’s are threats.  D Waller - just scratching   the surface of his ability, and Last year rookie Te Foster Moreau ( idolized J Witten growing up) can learn so much from experienced Te like Witten.     Derek carrier - is more H -back type with Wr speed.   Witten is the mentor, and red zone target.

gruden likes having old veterans as mentors to the young guys. Why I expect V Burfict to be back with the Raiders at Lb.   ( despite a hit away from lifetime suspension-  Knows the defense inside out, and probably lines up at the Sam position.(where they only play about 30% of the time) .  

Sounds like they could've hired Witten as the TE coach and saved 4 million, no?

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Sounds like they could've hired Witten as the TE coach and saved 4 million, no?

Raiders have a very good Te coach Frank Smith.  Did excellent job developing there young Te’s last year. Gruden believes Witten can still play, and why he will be on the 53 man roster.

11 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders have a very good Te coach Frank Smith.  Did excellent job developing there young Te’s last year. Gruden believes Witten can still play, and why he will be on the 53 man roster.

Can he coach Witten on how to to run a sub 5.7 40?

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

I don't think it's a bad signing.   He's still a good blocker, can still work a seam and get open and fall forward for 8 yards.  It's not huge money, 1 year deal.

Now the Raiders signing Eli Apple that is a bad signing. ( Best thing about him he’s still young , but still couldn’t cover my grandma/ or Jason Witten .    You don’t get everything in Fa, and the Raiders almost have to draft the best cb at 19 now.  ( wanted two wr’s with 12 and 19- that’s if they were able to address cb in Fa.

• Upvote 1